Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For your Information: remaining pre-orders will start being built (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22132)

LosXC451 05-10-2009 07:34 AM

Well this is not gonna affect too many people considering more than 8000 cars have already been built

carguy 05-10-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosXC451 (Post 473621)
Well this is not gonna affect too many people considering more than 8000 cars have already been built

Yes...but it would be sad if they didn't get all early orders filled.

They haven't even started white yet.

I paced my order with the dealer in Feb 08 and order was submitted early on the 13th of Oct.

Might have been better off switching colors when given the chance.

Fingers crossed...Keep maken those cars before the Gov'mt pulls the plug.::mad0259:

Hylton 05-10-2009 08:10 AM

Hang on guys, let's not react to unconfirmed information. If things are confirmed, I can elaborate to calm everyone down but for now, let's please wait for official confirmation.

camero 05-10-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguy (Post 473616)
My concern is GM filing for Bankruptcy June 1...! If They File or are forced into filing Gm will most certainly need to shut all production lines until emerging from Bankruptcy. At least 6hat is what happened with Chrysler....because suplliers would no longer provide parts etc.

I think if Chrysler had any cars that were in huge demand right now those lines would be running. The govt had guaranteed that all suppliers will be paid and is still supplying capital to Chrysler so I believe that the lines were shut down mostly because of excess inventory and it had already been announced that they were going to be off-line for many weeks this summer. Hopefully GM doesn't even have that level of disruption.

Silver Streak 05-10-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguy (Post 473651)
Yes...but it would be sad if they didn't get all early orders filled.

They haven't even started white yet.

I paced my order with the dealer in Feb 08 and order was submitted early on the 13th of Oct.

Might have been better off switching colors when given the chance.

Fingers crossed...Keep maken those cars before the Gov'mt pulls the plug.::mad0259:

They was never plan on starting the production of white until this summer, this has been stated over and over!

PieNsky 05-10-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Streak (Post 473754)
They was never plan on starting the production of white until this summer, this has been stated over and over!

I think you are misunderstanding his point.

Silver Streak 05-10-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PieNsky (Post 473780)
I think you are misunderstanding his point.

Maybe so. I just don't see how white has anything to do with this. Oh well I have been wrong before, won't be the last time either. :bonk:

bobby35ny 05-10-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosXC451 (Post 473621)

8000 is a misleading number, out of the 8K, they are almost 4K dealer/favor cars.

=bobby

KJS 05-10-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 473656)
Hang on guys, let's not react to unconfirmed information. If things are confirmed, I can elaborate to calm everyone down but for now, let's please wait for official confirmation.

HOW TRUE!

My thoughts...if this "info" came from a dealership or two, well lets face it, they don't exactly have the greatest track record about what's going on in corporate GM's decision making.

As Hylton says lets wait until we get a confirmation by an identified official voice at GM.

2010 SS RS 05-10-2009 10:30 AM

Should this in fact come to reality I would only hope that as many and as feverishly our membership should congratulate GM. It is so easy to attack and condemn a company for a poor decision but it takes a herculean effort to congratulate them when they do something right. I find it interesting how the tide has turned and now the jonny come lately buyers are in a panic mode. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

2010SSRS 05-10-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS (Post 473117)
i see you ordered two cars. Why would you take a spot or allocation from someone that wanted one only to let it arrive and get sold to a walk in. This is the problem fbodfather referred to as a huge issue that was customer generated. GM should cancel both orders or force the contract to purchase both.

I HOPE MY FRIENDS DONT CONFUSE 2010SSRS with 2010 SS RS. Its not me guys. I would never do that.

perhaps u should KNOW what's going on before opening ur piehole asswipe.............don't flame me.......:mad0260:

when my 2nd order went 3000, i let my 1st order go and 3 others behind me went up one. it was only at 1100 with 3 others in front of me.

perhaps GM should cancel ur order for sticking ur nose where IT DOESN'T BELONG! mind ur business..........stay outta mine........:paddle:

KJS 05-10-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 473925)
perhaps u should KNOW what's going on before opening ur piehole asswipe.............don't flame me.......:mad0260:

when my 2nd order went 3000, i let my 1st order go and 3 others behind me went up one. it was only at 1100 with 3 others in front of me.

perhaps GM should cancel ur order for sicking ur nose where IT DOESN'T BELONG! mind ur business..........stay outta mine........:paddle:

WOOOO BOY!!!!!!!! Fight in aisle 2 ! ! !
Wonder how long this post is gonna last!
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Xmicro_SS 05-10-2009 11:28 AM

When I ordered my car 2 days after the pre-order deadline, they told me August. On friday my dealers Sales Manager, told me I can safely expect it sooner. They told him they are RAMPING UP to get all the orders placed with a goal of producing 60,000 total units of 2010 cars. This came to him from his GM Rep, and he found out last week.

Mac1 05-10-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam10RS (Post 472528)
For the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.:wave:

If you still don't think so, Call your salesman (manager) and ask him about it.
He may not have an official notice yet. This is what I found out.:popcorn:

Mysticism...:confused0068:. Gotta love it!! :popcorn: