Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 Camaro - New Color and Options Info (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121937)

Berean 12-29-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nester7929 (Post 2678202)
I'm anxious to see what this 45th anniversary package looks like.

http://www.automobilesreview.com/upl...nniversary.jpg

:iono:

KMPrenger 12-29-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAdams (Post 2678222)
According to DuPont, the popularity of blue is (unfortunately) on the decline. Their 2010 report on most popular automotive colors shows it at 5% globally while it was at 9% according to the 2009 report.

As for the dumbo mirrors... there will always be aftermarket sources so that shouldn't be a big worry.

Thats because you don't see any true blue vehicles anymore. The car companies always offer a dark blue...that ends up looking black or purple..or some kind of weenie light blue that just looks sissy colored.

Put stryker blue (from the Pontiac G8) on the Camaro and it would be Amazing. Until then, I'm oh so happy to have my ABM.

Can't wait to see more 2012 details.

StreetReporter 12-29-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick rick (Post 2677943)
  • Rear view camera (2SS, 1SS, 2Lt, and 1LT)

What are the odds that they will get rid of the rear sensors if they use a rear camera instead?

Unlikely -- my wife has the 2010 Equinox with back-up camera in the rearview mirror, AND she has the back-up sensors, too.

upflying 12-29-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nak3dsnake (Post 2678285)
I wounder what the FE4 suspension will consist of, and how it will compare to the performance of aftermarket suspension setups out now. I'm eager to see the 45th anniversary package too.

Past GM use of RPO FE4 suggests it is a track or race inspired suspension. I would reckon a 2012 Camaro so equipped will ride very firm.

KMPrenger 12-29-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liberty (Post 2678401)
Wanted options mentioned on this forum that remain not offered:

1) Power passenger seat

2) CONVENIENCE AND CONNECTIVITY PACKAGE with 1SS (cloth seats), or cooled seats (leather) in the 2SS. There seems to be a manufacture leather fetish.
News Flash: Leather is uncomfortably hot in the summer. We all don't live in Detroit or Canada.

Power Passenger seat you say?????????????????

This thread says its confirmed for 2012....(I'm not agreeing or dissagreeing with the info, but thought I'd pass it on.)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120956

98_Camaro 12-29-2010 03:01 PM

I'm hoping they can incorporate the camera nicely into the bumper. :iono:
Definitely can't wait to see the 45th anniversary package though. :headbang:

eggydoo 12-29-2010 03:01 PM

What GM really needs to add is climate control.

My G8 has it, why can't the camaro?

dr damon 12-29-2010 03:05 PM

black granite is a sweet color!!! I think fbod father said it wasn't offered at first because it was too similar to cyber gray. I really like the black granite, and it would look killer with gloss black stripes, but i am still going to order my 2011 synergy green ss next month.

RAdams 12-29-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper (Post 2678266)
The trend has also been related to green and blue. One color rises in populatrity and the other one falls. It's only between those two colors too. In the 90's green was more popular, the 2000's was blue and now the trend seems to be going back to green. Everyone screams about bringing back aqua blue or a color like that but not many people bought that color. I would venture a guess that synergy green is a lot more popular and that's why it is still offered.

Interesting insight! Another aspect is how certain colors "fit" specific cars and not others. While yellow doesn't rank highly at DuPont, it's very popular on Camaros -- not so much for Town Cars and other boring-mobiles. :)

midnighter 12-29-2010 03:12 PM

They should do a dark green metallic.

Shurenuff 12-29-2010 03:14 PM

So I wonder if they'll keep CGM with this new color. Thoughts?

350 HRSS 12-29-2010 03:15 PM

I think that color is on a new 2 door CTS sitting on my dealer's showroom floor. It looks incredible in the sun!

Brianskeet 12-29-2010 03:19 PM

I would be very interested in the back up camera. The only thing I have found that i don't truly love with my 10 is backing into my garage after dark. If I could easily add a back up camera I would be all over it. Won't swap to get it, but would love to add it to mine.:D

RAdams 12-29-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 2678489)
Thats because you don't see any true blue vehicles anymore. The car companies always offer a dark blue...that ends up looking black or purple..or some kind of weenie light blue that just looks sissy colored.

Put stryker blue (from the Pontiac G8) on the Camaro and it would be Amazing. Until then, I'm oh so happy to have my ABM.

Can't wait to see more 2012 details.

Funny you would say that - I bought my 99 Firebird used and the dealer had it listed as "purple" (it was Navy Blue Metallic.) Dark blue is one of favorite car colors, but ABM blows them away - I LOVE it! I agree about the lighter hues and I cringe every time I see a "grabber blue" Mustang (I call it Gagger Blue). :D