Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sticker bomb started (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536630)

riozlander 08-18-2018 12:06 AM

Sticker bomb started

2 Attachment(s)
Well it started as a temporary fix, I need paint, primer, etching primer, sand paper, ZL1 bumper kit, V6 badge, so all things I'm going to gather over the next 6 months there's more supply's needed bot those are the basics.

Here's the progress so far, next is the old trim rings for the steel wheels
wich thankfully took all the damage on the last hit and run. More will be added to tie in the random sticker bomb for the damaged bumper.
Attachment 952650

Attachment 952651

I am using black and white stickers only I could not see any color working on the camaro's body lines or the black color I'd just be way to off looking. With that sed LET THE HATE TRAIN ROLL I'm sure the comments will be cancer :sm0:

SquawkVFR 08-18-2018 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 952652

LETHAL2SS 08-18-2018 08:22 AM

acetone, spraypaint/touch up paint wouldve been just as cheap IMO...

mr_honez 08-18-2018 08:33 AM

Most of that looks like paint transfer. You can remove that with Bug/Tar remover or WD40, and buff a lot of the scratches out after that. No need for the sticker bomb IMHO. But I will say it's original and looks better that the scrape for sure

christianchevell 08-18-2018 09:19 AM

I would just suggest some orange cones to use by your car, sorry about your misfortune, and apparently you need to park somewhere other than skid row. Its rubbing off on your wheels/paint and your cover up is one you could do differently as theres more than one way to skin a cat.... say a vinyl instead of clear bra over the area and just a mild touch up to rutting with some primer and around the running light some body color. It may be the make America great again bumper stick...? LOL

I know you live in the Bubble, sorry, maybe to me it appears its like Maxine Waters make up; you scrape the top layer and its primer and only real deep your looking at the Dark part that does need touched up with a primer to get to smooth more than the whole areas priming really...A good blend job would be about $400 if lucky and I know black does not always match. But any color can be a little off, I had my Camaro trunk , my roof and windshield attacked by G.D. crows with walnuts two years ago..No Shhhhh,

over 5 dents and a cracked windshield and yes it does hurt your pride in your car, I finally turned it in for repair after they got the windshield. And I park now away from the street lights they sit on bombing cars and Walnut trees have been getting diseased and cut down due to infestations lately; so survival is getting better and better but bum luck just like she-ite happens..... good luck to you. Heck you could do the monster thing with the big green scratch marks and just be out that and still be kind of cool...
hope your luck changes, I know mine is SHHHHHHH......

SquawkVFR 08-18-2018 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow. I think the spirit of this thread has really been lost on some people.

Anyway....I triple dog dare you!

Attachment 952685

Iron Lung Jimmy 08-18-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riozlander (Post 10286006)
Attachment 952650

I am using black and white stickers only I could not see any color working on the camaro's body lines or the black color I'd just be way to off looking. With that sed LET THE HATE TRAIN ROLL I'm sure the comments will be cancer :sm0:

I think it's kinda cool.

It's visually interesting with sort of an edgy randomness and I like how the "HOPE" sticker takes prominence.

All-in-all, well done!

People who are inclined to hate it take life much too seriously IMO.

chuckie669 08-18-2018 10:35 AM

Quite a bit of that would buff out, but kudos for originality. It's kinda fun. At least you aren't badging jegs, k&n, royal people, Hennessy etc.. I wanna see a wide angle view now

TheFlyingBananaSS 08-18-2018 10:37 AM

:barf:

Moto-Mojo 08-18-2018 04:36 PM

You should develop a "Sticker Bomb" wrap...unless it already exists. You could make one for Red or Blue states! (Repub or Dem)

JLSuperfly 08-18-2018 04:57 PM

I like it!

Wizard1183 08-18-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckie669 (Post 10286220)
Quite a bit of that would buff out, but kudos for originality. It's kinda fun. At least you aren't badging jegs, k&n, royal people, Hennessy etc.. I wanna see a wide angle view now

Lol the shit will. It buff out! Once s ratchets it’s scratched. That’s sealer you see. You can’t buff sealer to black lol. I’d have sanded it smooth and brought it to have it blend painted

StreetRage320 08-18-2018 09:54 PM

yikes, I am all for adapting and overcoming, but like others have said, I would have attempted a crappy DIY paint job before sticker bomb..(if doing a proper repair was not an option).

Spurshot 08-19-2018 08:00 AM

WTF? Nobody has insurance anymore?