Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Taylor "409" Plug Wires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177942)

Dznyfn 10-21-2011 09:22 PM

Taylor "409" Plug Wires

Take this for what it's worth, Just installed Taylor "409" Race Wires 10.4 mm. The idle is smoother and the throttle response seems to be quicker. Had a little rough idle when stopped at a light but now no more, may have been a bad wire on the factory set but whatever, these IMHO ROCK.:headbang:

Drew10 10-21-2011 09:30 PM

Mine should be showing up in the mail any day now. I don't think anything is wrong with my factory set but I suppose I am going to find out soon. Thanks for sharing.

Ex-Cobra Guy 10-21-2011 11:52 PM

Now you're gonna see all the "MSD guys" coming out of the wood work!!!!!!!!

The Taylor vs MSD debate never ends.

I've always had great results with Taylor (both 8mm and the 409's) on my old 1995 Cobra. Love the way they click onto the plug. There's no questioning if you got those bad buys on there.

Lets see a picture of them installed.

Gary

siriusdish 10-21-2011 11:59 PM

Thundervolt here... Samething??

CC Performance 10-22-2011 10:32 AM

They are junk, I can show you tons of them that have broken internally.. it's the anatomy of the wire that makes the difference. In fact it was Taylor wires that got me into the business in the first place... Paid $160 for a set of Taylor 10.4mm custom length wires.. First time I changed the plugs I pulled 3 of them apart.. never again...

Taylor wires are junk, plain and simple.

What separates the MSD from all others is the double crimp system that does not break where 99.9% of the other do break. I've repaired and built 1000's of sets of wires from Taylor to Moroso I do know what I am talking about. I could offer any wire on the planet at the best price you would find in the world and I only offer MSD for a very good reason.. its the best wire system on the market

Dznyfn 10-22-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Performance (Post 3914914)
They are junk, I can show you tons of them that have broken internally.. it's the anatomy of the wire that makes the difference. In fact it was Taylor wires that got me into the business in the first place... Paid $160 for a set of Taylor 10.4mm custom length wires.. First time I changed the plugs I pulled 3 of them apart.. never again...

What separates the MSD from all others is the double crimp system that does not break where 99.9% of the other do break. I've repaired and built 1000's of sets of wires from Taylor to Moroso I do know what I am talking about. I could offer any wire on the planet at the best price you would find in the world and I only offer MSD for a very good reason.. its the best wire system on the market

OK, first you are a sponsor selling MSD.

Second, you don't know my history as I didn't post it.

So, since you highjacked this thread for your rant let me enlighten you a little. Ordered MSD, opened box and coil boot on one plug was loose in bag. Called them and their Customer service was great and they sent another set. Installed replacement set and had a terrible miss, number one wasn't fully on. After trying to "seat" it on to no avail, pulled of with plug wire pliers from Snap-on and check the plug end and noticed the plug end was not close enough to the end for the plug to make contact. Sent back.

Never tried Taylor until this set and each end had a noticeable "click". Started car and wonderful sound. Looks great too.

Also, I am not down on MSD overall as I have used them many times and will use them in the future as I will be getting Coils at a later date.

Please let people read and take what I experienced for what it is and for them to make their own decisions.

That is all.

CC Performance 10-22-2011 03:59 PM

Actually

First... I wasnt going to say a thing until the ex cobra guy said something about MSD vs Taylor so yes I thought I would enlighten anyone reading the thread.

Second, my MSD are made by me and not the same as the box set at all.. same components but made here in Oregon and gauranteed for life .

Third ...yes I sell MSD because it was/is my experience that Taylors and most others were junk and I knew I could do better.. so I did.

4th, yes I hijacked it a bit but for a very good reason. To not see anyone waste their money as I did.

5th.... nothing was aimed at you at all.

6th.... this is an open forum ... you post something and it's open for discussion..
( you should see how a vendpor gets hammered if they introduce a new product)
Please let people read and take what I experienced for what it is and for them to make their own decisions. Sorry if what I say offended you, but it is an open debate type of forum.....

7th.. don't waste your money on MSD coils

BowlingSS 10-22-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC Performance (Post 3914914)

I have had Taylor also break. MSD never.

Bill

2012REDSS 10-22-2011 07:30 PM

Ive got Taylors on mine from another member on this board. Had them off twice since on my car and no issues. I think you just have to have some common sense and not tug on the wire itself. I have pulled MSD wires apart after they have been on for awhile but I dont call them junk.

FEN 10-22-2011 07:38 PM

Well, here is my $.02....i have used both MSD and Taylor wires and never had a problem with either.

Dznyfn 10-23-2011 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-Cobra Guy (Post 3914145)
Now you're gonna see all the "MSD guys" coming out of the wood work!!!!!!!!

The Taylor vs MSD debate never ends.

I've always had great results with Taylor (both 8mm and the 409's) on my old 1995 Cobra. Love the way they click onto the plug. There's no questioning if you got those bad buys on there.

Lets see a picture of them installed.

Gary

Here you are

MarylandSpeed 10-23-2011 02:30 PM

Taylor vs. MSD is Nike vs. Reebok. They are both fine and will do good. We sell lots, and never get returns or complaints. There are way more signifigant things to sweat modding your car.

faSSt 10-23-2011 03:19 PM

Drew10, you should be getting yours in any day! Taylor's are awesome plug wires, i didn't have a single issue and i know many others who've had the same great results.

I'm far from impressed with CC Performance's professionalism, or should i say lack there of. Perhaps you have some knowledge you wouldn't mind sharing, but to come off bashing other products is rediculous. Of course, being that you advertise MSD is not helping your case.

Props to Maryland Speed for keeping it clean! Not hard to choose where I want my money going.

Dznyfn 10-23-2011 07:15 PM

:word: