Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   QA1 Front Coilovers.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298953)

blazzin1 05-31-2013 11:02 AM

QA1 Front Coilovers....

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these QA1 Double-Adjustable Front Coilovers from a local vendor. Was going to try to wait for the Strange Engineering Front Coilovers....but just got confirmation today that the sway bar mount bracket is probably about 4-5 months away....if at all. So...QA1 will get my money instead. I'll post up some more pics once they arrive and I get them installed....

429 05-31-2013 03:15 PM

let me know how they are.

blazzin1 05-31-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 429 (Post 6612955)
let me know how they are.

Will do.....

Supercharged SS 05-31-2013 03:34 PM

Has anyone tried these yet? In January I was going to but then FSP and Pfadt hooked me up.

blazzin1 05-31-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6613036)
Has anyone tried these yet? In January I was going to but then FSP and Pfadt hooked me up.

I haven't heard of anyone from Camaro5 having these or installing these yet, but according to QA1, they have only been available for the last month or so, and they have been selling pretty good already. And yes, I remember you were looking at these, but the Pfadt units you ended up with are probably better anyway!!! These are double-adjustable, but I would think the Pfadt's are a higher quality coilover.....especially considering the cost. I just needed fronts....so this was really my only option for an adjustable coilover, unless I wanted to delete my front sway bar and get the Strange coilovers.

Supercharged SS 05-31-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 6613063)
I haven't heard of anyone from Camaro5 having these or installing these yet, but according to QA1, they have only been available for the last month or so, and they have been selling pretty good already. And yes, I remember you were looking at these, but the Pfadt units you ended up with are probably better anyway!!! These are double-adjustable, but I would think the Pfadt's are a higher quality coilover.....especially considering the cost. I just needed fronts....so this was really my only option for an adjustable coilover, unless I wanted to delete my front sway bar and get the Strange coilovers.

I'm really curious about the fitment and install. The techs at JRE told me horror stories about getting brand new QA1 products and having to really modify things just to get them to fit. I didn't want similar problems.

Available for a month.... A little past the beginning of Feb which is what I was told I could have them.

blazzin1 05-31-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6613071)
I'm really curious about the fitment and install. The techs at JRE told me horror stories about getting brand new QA1 products and having to really modify things just to get them to fit. I didn't want similar problems.

Available for a month.... A little past the beginning of Feb which is what I was told I could have them.

Jeez....I hope that's not true!!! I guess I'll find out!!! They're on the way, should be here next week sometime.

blazzin1 06-08-2013 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked them up today. They look really nice. Quality looks to be very good. But I did notice that they were noticeably heavier than my old Pfadt coilovers, but they do use a steel body, so I would guess that heavier than Pfadt's should be no big surprise. Probably won't get these installed very soon, but I'll keep y'all updated when I do.

blazzin1 06-08-2013 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't seem to get more than one picture per post....not sure why???

blazzin1 06-08-2013 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one....

Pro Stock John 06-08-2013 10:03 PM

Double adjustable, I likey.

CHMSC 06-08-2013 10:14 PM

Just curious why you are replacing the front pfadt coilovers?

blazzin1 06-09-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6647424)
Just curious why you are replacing the front pfadt coilovers?

I recently bought and installed the BMR Drag Race Package (DRP007) for my rear suspension, which requires the use of much shorter rear shocks. So, I now have Strange Engineering double-adjustable coilovers in the rear, and wanted double-adjustables on the front too. Had to sell my Pfadt coilovers as a complete set since it would probably be difficult to sell just the rears. Kinda wish I could have kept the fronts, but at least now I have double-adjustable capability on all four corners.

429 06-09-2013 08:29 PM

You really need DA fronts for drag. SAs are asking for issues.