Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2010 v6 vs Civic Si (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283635)

Decepticon21 03-18-2013 07:57 PM

2010 v6 vs Civic Si
 
2010 camaro v6 K&N Intake and trifecta tune vs 08 (I beleive) Civic Si Cold air intake (Brand Unknown). Watcha think?

DarkneSS 03-18-2013 09:09 PM

Bolt on, tuned, with internal engine work, they might run a mid 13 if they hook. I wouldn't worry about any of them tbh.

08-G35s/6MT 03-19-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 6303090)
Bolt on, tuned, with internal engine work, they might run a mid 13 if they hook. I wouldn't worry about any of them tbh.

Ummmmmm..... My friend in his 2012 Civic Si with SRI couldn't break 15's at the track man! His best time was 16.0 @ 88, best time of his friend's modified rx8 was 15.8 @ 90. He's got this one in the bag, a stock V6 Camaro auto did 15.0 @ 93.8 in same horrible conditions w/2.3 60 foot, MagnumForceGB(C5 member) did 14.9 @ 96ish the same night his Civic was running.

matt55 03-19-2013 10:55 AM

Never drove a v6 camaro but did have a 2008 si and they are slooooooow .
Slow.





Slow










Slow .












Slow

RenegadeSS 03-19-2013 11:01 AM

You got it. I murdered an SI in Mexico last week. If you do a dig race. You win. If you do a roll race you have the edge but don't mess up. I have a m6 though. Don't know the outcome if you have an auto, but you have the better car.

SUKXOST 03-19-2013 11:02 AM

Is this really happening?

Decepticon21 03-19-2013 12:01 PM

Reason I ask is obviously my buddy has a si as stated. Everytime we meet up he wants to race. I keep putting it off either drinking an I def aint racing an or I simply dont wanna. Im trying to stick it to the track anymore. To much to risk losing an putting others in danger obviously. I've road in it a few times its peppy. Again also as why i ask is Im not into the whole import tuner stuff its cool and all just nahhhh.. So im not to sure as what those cars can do.

lscamaro 03-19-2013 12:10 PM

They feel "peppy" because they are light and small.

SixCyl 03-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt55 (Post 6305006)
Never drove a v6 camaro but did have a 2008 si and they are slooooooow .
Slow.





Slow










Slow .












Slow


Lol that was great.

Risky guy 03-19-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decepticon21 (Post 6305300)
Reason I ask is obviously my buddy has a si as stated. Everytime we meet up he wants to race. I keep putting it off either drinking an I def aint racing an or I simply dont wanna. Im trying to stick it to the track anymore. To much to risk losing an putting others in danger obviously. I've road in it a few times its peppy. Again also as why i ask is Im not into the whole import tuner stuff its cool and all just nahhhh.. So im not to sure as what those cars can do.


If he's stock motor, you will beat him badly.
If he's boosted he will destroy you.
K20 swap is a common mod.
It's the same 2.0 except its 270lbft tq / 240 hp.
Then add a tune, easy 300whp
In a 2600/2800 lb car, don't snooze.

Lil' Nasty 03-19-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risky guy (Post 6305547)
If he's stock motor, you will beat him badly.
If he's boosted he will destroy you.
K20 swap is a common mod.
It's the same 2.0 except its 270lbft tq / 240 hp.
Then add a tune, easy 300whp
In a 2600/2800 lb car, don't snooze.

:word: very common around my area as far as tuners go, a guy at a detail shop i worked at swapped a prelude motor in his civic and though it wasnt boosted, it was very "quick" Those things arent to be messed with when they are boosted and tuned correctly.

Anyways, I think you can take that Si op :thumbsup:

DarkneSS 03-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT (Post 6304041)
Ummmmmm..... My friend in his 2012 Civic Si with SRI couldn't break 15's at the track man! His best time was 16.0 @ 88, best time of his friend's modified rx8 was 15.8 @ 90. He's got this one in the bag, a stock V6 Camaro auto did 15.0 @ 93.8 in same horrible conditions w/2.3 60 foot, MagnumForceGB(C5 member) did 14.9 @ 96ish the same night his Civic was running.

SRI?

That youtube channel you sent me, that 6MT 02 Max that your friends ran and lost to, I know everything about that car. I even test drove it with my friend, the former owner. I did a lot of the work too. When it just had bolt ons and a drop, we ran a 07 maybe SI? It was only a couple car lengths slower and the max was running at least mid 13s.
That SI had deep engine work, cams, port work, everything, probably a mid to high 13 second car. So they can be quick, but not without heavy engine work.

08-G35s/6MT 03-19-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 6305934)
SRI?

That youtube channel you sent me, that 6MT 02 Max that your friends ran and lost to, I know everything about that car. I even test drove it with my friend, the former owner. I did a lot of the work too. When it just had bolt ons and a drop, we ran a 07 maybe SI? It was only a couple car lengths slower and the max was running at least mid 13s.
That SI had deep engine work, cams, port work, everything, probably a mid to high 13 second car. So they can be quick, but not without heavy engine work.

Short ram intake.

You talking about Yonkers Racing RSX Type S ? He has weight reduction(backseats, spare tire/jack, CF hood, lightweight battery) and full bolt ons with an aggressive custom tune and driver mod.

My 2 friends in full bolt on flashpro Civic Si Mugens were running 15's at the track. Albeit DA was bad that day, I trapped 98-99 that day. When DA was below 1000 the following week I trapped 101-102.


FF to 5:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00d6aRq9R2k

I'm at 3:55


Not saying RSX Type S and Civic Si's of YR's speed don't exist, they are very very rare.

DarkneSS 03-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT (Post 6305961)
Short ram intake.

You talking about Yonkers Racing RSX Type S ? He has weight reduction(backseats, spare tire/jack, CF hood, lightweight battery) and full bolt ons with an aggressive custom tune and driver mod.

My 2 friends in full bolt on flashpro Civic Si Mugens were running 15's at the track. Albeit DA was bad that day, I trapped 98-99 that day. When DA was below 1000 the following week I trapped 101-102.


FF to 5:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00d6aRq9R2k

I'm at 3:55


Not saying RSX Type S and Civic Si's of YR's speed don't exist, they are very very rare.

Noo this si was white, from spring valley.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.