Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   front plate ticket/ speeding warning (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36438)

lakers171 08-08-2009 09:44 PM

front plate ticket/ speeding warning

1 Attachment(s)
lol well what can i say i love los angeles finest. pulled me over today and im thinking these young cops want to check my car our, wellllllllllllllllll nope not today they said i was speeding going 50 on a 40mph street and for not having my front license plates. now my question to everyone is what the hell should i do i do not and i mean it i do not want to drill my front bumper. thats what i get for rushing home to wash my car tonite. :facepalm:

Attachment 44360

Paperer 08-08-2009 09:47 PM

Dang man, I'm glad I live in Oklahoma and I don't need a front license plate.

Xmicro_SS 08-08-2009 09:49 PM

Simple, I have one of these coming in!

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...a41ab865f9936a

FNKNSTN 08-08-2009 09:56 PM

Double-stick tape to suffice the "fix-it" part of the ticket.

In the meantime, look for a solution like the one Xmicro_SS posted.

There are only really a few options, unless you rig something up yourself.

lakers171 08-08-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNKNSTN (Post 777110)
Double-stick tape to suffice the "fix-it" part of the ticket.

In the meantime, look for a solution like the one Xmicro_SS posted.

There are only really a few options, unless you rig something up yourself.

say i use the double sided tape can i take it off the same day without harming the paint?

sav1 08-08-2009 11:32 PM

scotch tap the damn thing on before the cop comes out to inspect it. once this Fradulent tax (ticket) is signed off. Pull it off. The problem with L.A is that they have a fresh rotation of Noob officers that pull people over for stupid shit like this. Don't get me wrong, i love the police, and have great respect for law-enforcement, but this is garbage police work.

TripleB 08-09-2009 12:12 AM

actually...and obviously not in this case...but most of the time it gives them a reason to pull over someone they want to pull over. they can't just pull you over for no reason if they think you're drunk or might have drugs or something. so this allows them to stop you and then they can further "investigate." i know some cops that have actually got people with warrants out for their arrest for this type of thing.

i think in this case, the cop was just being a dick. i mean, really? 50 in a 40? that's lame.

sorry to hear you got a ticket bro. i think you're gonna have to put the plate on.

p.s. my brother and my best friend's brother are cops, so sometimes i get defensive when i hear people saying stuff about them that i don't particularly like.

vdevine 08-09-2009 08:17 AM

Swiftmotorsports...retractable plate.

SRFnSNO 08-09-2009 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Show and Go for me in the small towns in my Area I would get nailed.

Supercam143 08-09-2009 08:56 AM

From the picture you posted it looks as though the officer only cited you for the missing front plate and only advised you of the speed violation. If so he actually cut you a brake.

The Dark Knight 08-09-2009 11:29 AM

That sucks bro. Get one of those retractable license plate things. That is what I was gonna do.

WySS 08-09-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakers171 (Post 777123)
say i use the double sided tape can i take it off the same day without harming the paint?

Double stick tape will not harm the paint in a day, its the solution im going to go with if i ever need to.

mlee 08-09-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WySS (Post 778334)
Double stick tape will not harm the paint in a day, its the solution im going to go with if i ever need to.

:word: That's how my dealer had mine installed. I about had a cow when I thought it was screwed on. Use that thick rubbery double sided tape. Just pulls right off when you are done.

bigg_dawg69 08-10-2009 06:58 PM

Plates

I'm about to order my 2SS and on the way home the oter nite I just wanted to see how many other cars or trucks didnt have front plates....I dont know the model but its the Big Dodge Truck dosent have a plate and there were atleast 6 I saw on the way home... So what the deal why dont they need a front plate? Its a truck, not sleek and beautiful but a rollin tank but we with our beauties have to alter ours ....