Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's the First place you'll go in your new camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258)

EllwynX 07-26-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 17143)
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks (to ponykilla also). All is well. It's been nearly a year since he passed. So while there are still times it doesn't seem possible my 'little' brother (he was 9 years younger than me, 23 when he died) isn't here anymore, it's no longer as bad as it was. We still have his son (well, that's a story unto itself since only a few months before he died he'd found out his 3 year old son wasn't really his) to spoil. :) As far as we (his family) are concerned, it takes more to be a 'daddy' than a sperm doner... And my brother WAS his daddy in every way that mattered.

Though I still have no idea how I'll react if I run into the idiot girl that just walked away and left him, taking both her cell phone AND his. (Long story, short version they decided to take a bunch of high blood pressure pills as a 'joint suicide'. But a lot more too it.) Unfortunately I still have to work with the girls mother (who was equally guilty of stupidity that day by waiting nearly an hour to call 911, and that wasn't even until my mother frantically asked the woman if she'd called 911). Just a lot of things that never added up. And the person with the answers will never tell...

Ok, back to more pleasant thoughts. LOL

MerF 07-26-2007 05:21 PM

Whoa.

urbanlegend 07-26-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 17169)
This is a very good question! I think i'm gonna be to busy staring at the car and drooling....so until someone slaps me back into reality i have no idea where i'm gonna go at first.

I'm like that with my current car. I may just set up a cot in my garage with the Camaro.

AirGoya 07-26-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmithers88 (Post 17129)
since i'll probably end up getting it on a weekend, i'll drive up to beach blvd. on sat night where all the ricers hang out, and stop in the middle of the parking lot, then burnout and drive off.:headbang:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love that idea! It does the job without saying anything. :headbang:
There are tons of ricers around here, mainly civics with giant mufflers i cant stand and a spoiler thats big enough to use in formula 1.

urbanlegend 07-27-2007 12:58 AM

Ksmithers88 and AirGoya, I have to agree, good idea. I still plan on hanging out with my Civic buddies, but I just can't wait to see their reaction when I pull up to the line with 3 times the motor I had the last time they saw me. :D Oh, the joy.

SSlick 07-29-2007 01:49 PM

First I would go pick up my girlfriend, and maybe try out the back seat :D then go show my friends afterwords take it to the detailer.

Later Im gonna take off and drive to arkansas (stopping in Houston to show some friends) and show my family up there, they all outlaw dragrace.
Then I would drive back and start with the burnouts. Ima want to break it in before I start any stunts dont want anything breaking.. plus i want to break the exhaust in.. mmmm

AirGoya 07-29-2007 03:43 PM

SSlick, make sure you dont mess up your interior. :laugh:

Mindz 07-29-2007 04:23 PM

There's no room in the backseat, or you're a midget.

SSlick 07-29-2007 10:00 PM

Oh it looks like there will be room enough and i can make room. and what are you guys thinkin anyways?? jk
oh and interior will be safe...

DGthe3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM

Hmm, haven't thought much about where im gonna go. probably stop in and see my oldest brother, his first car he bought when he was 15 was a 1969 Chevelle, still owns it 17 years later. I'm sure he'll give me a lesson on how to treat it well ;) Beyond that, I think i might just burn a tank of gas touring the country roads near my hometown getting a feel for the car. That summer i would probably go on a road trip out west. I hear there are some nice big straight roads in the prairies without any traffic, or enough cops. Past them are the rockies which should give the advanced suspension a real nice workout.

But back to what we will do when we first get one, I wonder how much thought that chevy has put into including an extra set of rear tires for SS/Z28 models, or put like a 1 month warranty on them. That would be awesome, too bad that it's never gonna happen though.:burnrubber: