Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's the First place you'll go in your new camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1258)

stevenm357 07-25-2007 09:15 AM

What's the First place you'll go in your new camaro?

Just wondering what the first thing on your to do list is with your new camaro?

I'll probably pick up a buddy or 2 and just go for a drive with no schedule or time line! I thought about a road trip. but might put that off a couple weeks.

Next will be go see all my buddies I've told about the car.

Silverado 07-25-2007 09:27 AM

Home.

I'll have to drop off the vehicle that we rode to the dealership in (since I won't be trading in anything on the Camaro). Put the truck or the Tahoe in the garage and then go for a drive....probably over to my parents house or my in-laws house to show it off and drop off my 3 daughters so my wife and I can go for a nice drive.

2001ragtop 07-25-2007 09:28 AM

Drive to muffler shop to get mufflers replaced. (since stock car will probably be too quiet.)

Take car to show members of family. Allow siblings to drive it.

Then Drive to car wash at 8am.

Wash a few times/Wax. take car home. drive on special occasions only, and stay away from potholes. ;)

acscamarochick06 07-25-2007 09:48 AM

Drive Home, then after my family has seen it, drive to my boyfriend's house so I can rub in his face the fact that I have a faster car than him! :wub:

Jak 07-25-2007 10:06 AM

A road trip? Yeah, that sounds good, after showing it to the family.

Mr. Wyndham 07-25-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001ragtop (Post 17001)
(since stock car will probably be too quiet.);)

Don't count on it....

I've got a route already planed out! ;)

A few of my Aunt's and Uncles, and a few friends. But I won't be stopping, I'll rev untill they come out to see what the hell all the noise is about, then I'll burn rubber, and be outta there.

Reason being: Everybody on that first route doubts that I'll be able to get one...I'll show them, I'll show them all!!!:evil:

Kyle.Gilmour 07-25-2007 10:31 AM

Its funny how we all seem to be the same!

Everyone doubts me too, I mean i am will be 25 when actually purchase it and have a great job, but people still doubt.
We will show them all for sure. Chances are I will be living in Austin, TX by then, so one of my first trips will be a road trip to Michigan to show it off to everyone who did did not believe

TAG UR IT 07-25-2007 11:36 AM

First trip will be from the dealer to the tint shop. After the tint shop, I'll head on home to install my stereo amp and subs. I'm sure I'll go over to Circuit City or Best Buy to but something for the install because I will have forgotten this or that. But, after that, it'll be driving no where in particular. It'll just be for a nice, long drive (with my new tint and tunes).

1bad67camaro 07-25-2007 12:31 PM

:evil: I will be at firebird race way looking for a new mustang to beat

AirGoya 07-25-2007 12:42 PM

From the dealership i'm driving straight to a really hot girl's house. Then we can see what happens from there. :thumbup:
Having this car with me, i wont have to try to hard. She will be lookin like :eek:

Mr. Wyndham 07-25-2007 12:57 PM

make sure you close the tinted windows so she can't see you...that'll ruin the :eek: expression.....Lol :laugh:

Not really, I'm just kidding, I had to say it :iono:

AirGoya 07-25-2007 01:06 PM

hahaha nice

izwar 07-25-2007 01:17 PM

stopping at every friends house revving the engine and then peeling out to the next friends haha

MerF 07-25-2007 01:22 PM

No idea, but since the initial fanfare will have died down on the coupes, it will be fun to be riding around everywhere with the top down.

My luck it will be raining the day I get my vert.

Mr. Wyndham 07-25-2007 01:23 PM

So Put the top back up...:bonk:and curse yourself for not getting a coupe like Dragoneye......:laugh:

Silverado 07-25-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 17042)
No idea, but since the initial fanfare will have died down on the coupes, it will be fun to be riding around everywhere with the top down.

My luck it will be raining the day I get my vert.

Don't pick it up that day....

What's one more day's wait, right?

MerF 07-25-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverado (Post 17046)
Don't pick it up that day....

What's one more day's wait, right?

Yeah right. That's just a laughable concept. Sitting at home knowing my car is at the dealership waiting for me?

I'd be a wreck.:bonk:

SoFlaZ 07-25-2007 01:49 PM

I will probably show my family first and then cruise around town for a bit to hear the rumble but not revving it too high cuz i want the piston rings to seat properly and all that good stuff. After +500 miles, its all gonna come out of the box:burnrubber: :headbang: :D :D :D :D :D

MerF 07-25-2007 01:55 PM

No need to do "break-ins" anymore really. Engines are pretty much broken-in when installed these days.

At least, that's the last I heard about it.

JWz28 07-25-2007 01:59 PM

Plan A: (assumes top dog car has 500+ HP)
I-20 Westbound for 87 miles west of Fort Worth to State Hwy 16 (mile marker 361). Southbound on Hwy 16 through the heart of the Texas Hillcountry to Kerrville. Then Westbound 25 miles to Hunt, TX. One of the best drives in Texas...especially the 30 mile section between Llano and Fredericksberg. :cool:

Plan B: To my tuner

JWz28.

The_Stache 07-25-2007 02:36 PM

Day 1: Down the 60 onto the I-10, off the I-10 to the 202, 202 to the 101, 101 ALL the way around phoenix back to the I-10 (with a short side trip to near by Scottsdale Barret Jackson area). I-10 back to the 60, then home

Day 2: tint shop (must have in phx)

First months weekends will be spent in fabrication of the audio system. Nothing huge, just probably a pair of 12's and a 10 with amps and cap with surround upgrades if the factory isn't up to snuff.

After that its just a bunch of small road trips and the normal daily driving~

09fathomgreen 07-25-2007 03:02 PM

Drag younger sister, who is a Mustang-driver, with me to dealership to get Camaro, followed by road trip to see older sister, who is also Mustang-obsessed. Then mother of all road trips with my younger sister in the new Camaro, just because I can. Probably Vegas, or someplace like that.

stevenm357 07-25-2007 03:02 PM

HAHA i had a friend who just got his audi S4 50 Grand in a car it comes in friday dealership calls tells him it's the car on the lot with a Sold sticker on it, he can pick it up monday... monday comes.. umm we don't have it ready just yet you'll have to wait until tuesday. ..... i'd have burnt the damn place waiting 3 days for a 50 G car... **** that. i'd pay the guys O/T just to get the car lol

Mindz 07-25-2007 05:46 PM

I'd cruise to Santana Row near San Jose, CA and watch as heads turn from the common everyday lambo or ferrari to this new Topless beast I have.

I don't really have a plan. Just plan on spending about 300 dollars in gas the first few days. I'm hoping I don't have to spend 500+ dollars on new tires in that time too.

JeepinMatt 07-25-2007 06:09 PM

Gas station. Won't get far with a quarter of a tank

Silverado 07-25-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 17091)
I'd cruise to Santana Row near San Jose, CA and watch as heads turn from the common everyday lambo or ferrari to this new Topless beast I have.

I don't really have a plan. Just plan on spending about 300 dollars in gas the first few days. I'm hoping I don't have to spend 500+ dollars on new tires in that time too.

If you only spend $500 on tires, you buy some pretty crappy tires.....I spent almost $600 on tires for my Tahoe...and they are only 17" low budget tires (since I'm planning on getting rid of it here soon).

EllwynX 07-25-2007 06:31 PM

Probably just drive it over to my parents houses to show it off. My dad wants one of his own, and my mom has always liked Camaro's (she had a '70).

I'm sure I'll stop at my brothers grave with it since this was supposed to be the first car I owned that was faster than his...

Most of the people I'd show it off to work with me, so I'll just wait 'til the next day to show it to most people.

stevenm357 07-25-2007 08:01 PM

500 on tires.... i think he's just talking about 2 tires ;)

Moose 07-25-2007 08:39 PM

First stop; Home. I'll park it in the garage, next to the SS, and spend a few days detailing and 'Zainoing' him.

:D Once that's done, it doesn't matter. Just hop in, keep the radio turned off, and just enjoy a long, aimless, cruise listening to that great American V8 rumble in one of my favorite "friends" of all time. :cool:

Mindz 07-25-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverado (Post 17094)
If you only spend $500 on tires, you buy some pretty crappy tires.....I spent almost $600 on tires for my Tahoe...and they are only 17" low budget tires (since I'm planning on getting rid of it here soon).

I run on 14" rims now (1997 eclipse rs). I figured 250 per rear tire. :iono:

Guess I was wrong. What are they? around $450 per tire?

ponykilla 07-25-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverado (Post 17094)

damn were are u buying tires i could hook it up for all 4 fot that price

ponykilla 07-25-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 17096)
I'm sure I'll stop at my brothers grave with it since this was supposed to be the first car I owned that was faster than his...

im sorry to hear that man.....

1bad67camaro 07-25-2007 11:19 PM

lol Dragoneye

storm79 07-26-2007 12:28 AM

ummm

gonna drive around.....get the engine used to my driving (i love going fast) and then maybe a month after i get it.......race people cuz theres this one guy who has a saturn and i cant stand him...thinks he can beat anyone...and he will have that by the time i get my camaro...well i show him who owns with 500 hp under the hood...ME!

ksmithers88 07-26-2007 12:49 AM

since i'll probably end up getting it on a weekend, i'll drive up to beach blvd. on sat night where all the ricers hang out, and stop in the middle of the parking lot, then burnout and drive off.:headbang:

TAG UR IT 07-26-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepinMatt (Post 17092)
Gas station. Won't get far with a quarter of a tank

Now there's someone who's thinking! Can't get home w/out gas!
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 17096)
I'm sure I'll stop at my brothers grave with it since this was supposed to be the first car I owned that was faster than his....

Sorry to hear about your loss.

stevenm357 07-26-2007 07:37 AM

I've bought 2 new cars from my GM dealership, both have come with full tanks. so gas station is out for me.

Tires for this beast will be expensive they will be 17 or 18's high performance is a must, probabally looking at $200 per tire. I'll probabally put a set of nitto drag radials on my rears asap.

Silverado 07-26-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponykilla (Post 17115)
damn were are u buying tires i could hook it up for all 4 fot that price

That was for all 4....

I was figuring on running at least 18's, probably 20's on the Camaro and they'd be high performance tires, so they will probably run more than $500....

daddyseth1 07-26-2007 08:34 AM

I have two scenarios:

1. If I am still here in Chicago when this car is released, I am going to find my my buddy, who owns a 2007 Mustang GT vert, and do a burnout in front of his house to call him out! Then we'll head to Doty Ave on the southside by I-94 East to drag race, where I will shut him up once and for all!

2. If I have relocated to Charlotte,NC; I will drive off the showroom floor probably with my family(provided my wife can stand the rumble of the exhaust) and go cruisin'....and do some burnouts! Hopefully I will be well acquinted with some folks in Charlotte; I probably will run across some NASCAR guys who are "Bow-tie guys" and cruise with them.

Wherever I am I'll be in my car for a while.

LSxcellent 07-26-2007 11:29 AM

First, I'd to the detailer, and have my guy wash/wax the newest member of the family until she shines like liquid metal!

Next, I'd spend some time making sure the iPod adaptor is neatly installed and out of the way... gotta have the right tunes (whenever the radio is finally turned on).

Next, I'd take it to the parking lot by the beach and get some good sunset photos of her with some good light! I'd make sure my wife's got her auto-show outfit on... yeah, THAT one :D

Then we'd go for a cruise up the coast, cruising by all the expensive mansions in Manchester by the Sea, letting all the Porsche-loving-green-tooth'd-cheese-eating-surrendor-monkey-Euro-trash drivers know the King is back in town... Boy I'd let that big LS engine roar down some of those little lanes! Maybe a couple of burnouts (short ones) just for grins... those tires are going to be expensive!

Finally, we'd drive back home (taking the long way) and maybe just get some ice cream at the local spot where the bikers and hot-rods hang out... just to show off a bit. :-)

~LSx