Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Z/28 and Iroc models coming? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248620)

67Redux 09-06-2012 05:16 PM

Z/28 and Iroc models coming?

Ive been thinking about trading in my 2010 for a ZL1 but i had 1 big question for my GM dealer, is GM gonna make a camaro with 650hp to equal the mustang? (If so I will wait for it) All thou he hadn't heard anything about it, he was pretty sure they would. He said that GM told him that they will be making the Z/28 and Iroc models.
Just wondering if anybody has more info on this?

TJR1952 09-06-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Redux (Post 5542383)
Ive been thinking about trading in my 2010 for a ZL1 but i had 1 big question for my GM dealer, is GM gonna make a camaro with 650hp to equal the mustang? (If so I will wait for it) All thou he hadn't heard anything about it, he was pretty sure they would. He said that GM told him that they will be making the Z/28 and Iroc models.

There isn't any information on future camaros. Is that all your concerned about , who has the most HP or who is the fastest. What about how it looks , handles , pleasure to drive. Yes , the mustang has more HP , is one of the fastest production car out there. It still looks , handles , and drives like the mustangs of the past. Chances are they will make a faster camaro , but when , you will be missing out on what could have been the best days of your life. Your car , your decision.

RollaMo 09-06-2012 05:54 PM

Your dealer is full of "chit" if he told you GM was coming out with anything that wasn't already available.

Of course, they might bring back the Z/28. But nobody from GM is going to say anything.
Anything you hear on that subject is just rummors.

As for the IROC, I can't see them bringing it back.
That model was named after race series which no longer exists.

Chance of Z/28: 75% plus
Chance of IROC: 0%

PYROLYSIS 09-06-2012 05:59 PM

:facepalm:

Bad@ssCamaro 09-06-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Redux (Post 5542383)

If there's one place that's going to get the news first, it's going to be here at C5. Dealerships are just going to blow smoke up your ass just to keep you on the hook. You're likely not going to hear anything until the end of the year,1st quarter of '13 IF there is going to be any announcement of a Z/28, and if we don't, more than likely it won't come out until the 6th Gen makes its transformation sometime for MY2016.

james347 09-06-2012 07:10 PM

He said that GM told him that they will be making the Z/28 and Iroc models.

Not true.

LOWDOWN 09-06-2012 08:20 PM

Did you meet him in the Gatineau Hills? Did you share a cigarette? Did he have his Bozo suit on, too? Or, is that him in your avatar?

Bad@ssCamaro 09-06-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 5543096)
Did you meet him in the Gatineau Hills? Did you share a cigarette? Did he have his Bozo suit on, too? Or, is that him in your avatar?

:sm0::bellyroll:

motorhead 09-06-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollaMo (Post 5542513)
Your dealer is full of "chit" if he told you GM was coming out with anything that wasn't already available.

Of course, they might bring back the Z/28. But nobody from GM is going to say anything.
Anything you hear on that subject is just rummors.

As for the IROC, I can't see them bringing it back.
That model was named after race series which no longer exists.

Chance of Z/28: 75% plus
Chance of IROC: 0%

This is all you need to know here. It answers the OP completely and correctly.
:word:

Bhobbs 09-07-2012 03:01 AM

The ZL1 is the top Camaro. There won't be a factory Camaro with more HP than the ZL1. I highly doubt we will see an IROC. The Z/28 is iffy.

67Redux 09-07-2012 08:54 AM

Wow didn't know there were that many GM executives here and would get so much hostility from them!!

Mods you can delete this thread
Thank you

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Redux (Post 5545158)
Wow didn't know there were that many GM executives here and would get so much hostility from them!!

Mods you can delete this thread
Thank you

Well to make another IROC GM would have to get the rights to the name again, and that has not happened. And since there is no IROC racing series any more, the only reason there were Camaros that used that name back in the 80's is because at that time IROC used Camaros why would Chevy even try to bring it back today? Most of the younger buyers have never heard of IROC.
And the Z 28, that's something that many have speculated about but nothing official. If there is one I will say I believe it will be after the 5th gen and the ZL1 is no longer made. I am not a GM executive and I do not even know one personally, but studying all the evidence I have seen that is what I figure will happen.

boxmonkeyracing 09-07-2012 03:09 PM

The Z28 should be the Boss 302 competitor. the 1LE is more like a track pack mustang. especially considering the price of the package. the Z28 will return. it's just a matter of when not if.

2cnd chance 09-07-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 5546757)
The Z28 should be the Boss 302 competitor. the 1LE is more like a track pack mustang. especially considering the price of the package. the Z28 will return. it's just a matter of when not if.

I agree. :drinking: