Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288134)

zl1fun 04-08-2013 09:22 PM

WRONG BLACK 10 SPOKE RIMS...TWICE

Anyone else dealing with a GM distribution/ packaging problem with their black 10 spoke zl1 rims ordered from either a dealership or online? I had 2 sets of rims come packaged wrong with rear 20x11 in the front box with the front wheel part number on the box but rears in the box......TWICE....then ....update......the place I ordered from attempted to get the front rims from gm again and GM sent 22x9 chrome rims......WTF

Firefighter 04-08-2013 09:28 PM

IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.

zl1fun 04-08-2013 09:31 PM

Yeah....I've heard that...just so disappointed..does anyone have experience buying the rims from anywhere else

coptzr 04-21-2013 07:56 PM

Ive been dealing with this for 2 weeks now. I'm a service manager at a Chevrolet dealer and my parts manager spoke with the GM parts tech people. The correct wheels are shipping this week (4-22). They should be in-hand hopefully Wed. I discovered the error after I had tires mounted and tried to install on my own car. I never thought to look at the numbers, totally my fault.

coptzr 04-21-2013 07:57 PM

One the other hand, rears are mounted and installed. With the drop springs the stance is perfect. Hope you get yours soon.

MY CA.ZL1 04-22-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefighter (Post 6400776)
IDK about the deal with the all rear wheels but I can tell you the paint on these things suck. I have an appointment for the coming week with the dealer to get my wheels powder coated under warranty.

I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.

Firefighter 04-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 (Post 6453264)
I would like to know how this turns out for you as far as g.m.powdercoating your rims.on the 10 spoke black paint is what is there so while I argee that the paint sucks and they would repaint the black.i had mine powdercoated because it was better than paint.if g.m.would agree to powdercoat yours then everyone with black rims would want the same thing. Maybe I am wrong.

Well the wheels look 100% better. Go to my delivery thread found here... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285054 ... check around post 53 for the story.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

zl1fun 05-06-2013 09:59 AM

so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim

zl1fun 05-06-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510573)
so an update just heard from parts taxi.com again they say GM sent them the wrong wheels again paid for my front and rear 10 spoke black zl1 rims long ago I have three grand wrapped up in them and still they can't get it right seriously how hard is it to open a f****** box and look at the rim

has anyone else had success buying all 4 rims if so where did you buy them and what did you pay I'm ready to ship my four REAR rims back and be done with these idiots.

Fish-man 05-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510597)
no wonder they went bankrupt. I guess this is what we get from: CHINA

open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.

zl1fun 05-06-2013 10:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish-man (Post 6510621)
open a box. look on the brake side of the rim. there is engraving there. tell us what it says... should tell us the rim size- ALCOA - some other junk - and USA.

i would guess that GM will pass these straight thru from the supplier.... in which case they could penalize the supplier.

here you go hope you can read them I'll see once I post

zl1fun 05-06-2013 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside

Fish-man 05-06-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1fun (Post 6510749)
and as you can see correct part number on the box...wrong rim inside

I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

I think in this case your dealer (Parts Taxi) should call the warehouse to make sure they check stuff before sending to them.

oachalon 05-06-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish-man (Post 6510837)
I believe you that they sent wrong thing in right box. I was just saying that I don't think GM is unboxing these to check. Also wanted to illustrate that China has nothing to do with it in this case.

Yeah, china has nothing to do with it as the ZL1 wheels are made by Alcoa in ohio.