Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

PQ 08-11-2012 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Twisty (Post 5425844)
pretty good run! :thumbsup:

I believe you now, but Chris is probably a little more hard-asst than me... he'll be needing timeslips and vid... and a note from your mother :laugh:

I only have 2 slips. One is 12.06 and this one. Can't find any others.
Attachment 409942

TAG UR IT 08-11-2012 01:59 AM

nice photoshopping skills. ;)

:laugh:

PQ 08-11-2012 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 5426009)
nice photoshopping skills. ;)

:laugh:

You got me. I was cutting him some slack. Here ya go............ :bellyroll:

Attachment 409944

600hp-lpe 08-11-2012 07:03 AM

nice 2nd run Randy.. You win most improved... for back to back runs.
How'd you get to the start line so quick for run #2? LOL

CamaroSpike23 08-11-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 5424829)

:rolleyes: :D

zebra 08-11-2012 09:45 AM

:sm0:

TAG UR IT 08-12-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 5426037)
You got me. I was cutting him some slack. Here ya go............ :bellyroll:

Attachment 409944

:laughabove:

GTAHVIT 08-12-2012 02:23 PM

LOL

It's not good enough that I was DQ'd as a no show, but he has to rub it in with a photoshop'd time slip...

:facepalm:

:emoticon3:

zebra 08-12-2012 02:34 PM

a "win" is a win, right? :bellyroll:

Darth_Emma 08-12-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5430759)
LOL

It's not good enough that I was DQ'd as a no show, but he has to rub it in with a poorly photoshop'd time slip...

:facepalm:

:emoticon3:

fixed it for you

GTAHVIT 08-12-2012 03:06 PM

Front Brake Upgrade

4 Attachment(s)
CTSV Front Calipers with ZL1 Rotors, Hawk HPS pads (low dust), SRF fluid (liquid gold) and Pedders stainless steel brake lines.

The hardest part is getting all that old fluid out of the system in order to put in the SRF... yes It's expensive... and while we were bleeding the lines I could almost hear the cash register as wasted fluid was lost...
LOL

We basically disconnected every line at the ABS and at each caliper. Blocked off each one and bled every line to the ABS individually, then cycled the ABS to ensure that as much of the bad fluid as possible was out of the ABS. Then we flushed out the lines to the calipers and after a couple hours had it all flushed and bled with the new fluid.

It took Way longer to flush and bleed than it did to install the calipers/rotors/lines.

:D

I'm super happy with them. The pedal feel is much more firm. I'd even say there is more feed back to the pedal under hard braking. The control under braking is significantly better... the steering wheel doesn't even try to move left or right. The bias is much better front to rear from a seat of the pants perspective.

Since my car is a daily driver I went with a street low dust pad, but that may have been a mistake. Well, from a performance perspective I know it was a mistake. Basically with a DD pad, I'm only getting partial benefit from the improved clamping power of the front calipers. in order to completely capitalize on the 6 piston fronts I need a more aggressive pad.

If I end up tracking the car as much as I hope to I will probably swap pads for a more race compound with a higher coefficient of friction to take full advantage of the upgrade.

As it is now, from what I've been told by Pete and Bruce Raymond and what we've heard about the ZL1 brakes from the articles, the biggest benefit is the lack of brake fade. The setup I have will be much more consistent than the stock SS brakes.

I'd say I'm stopping about 10% shorter than before at most. Pete and Bruce say that with racing compound pads that will drastically increase.

On a side note... I've always wanted red powder coated calipers. Back when my Step Dad was just getting me started working on cars, we always thought the guys who took the time to powder coat the brakes were taking that extra step to do it right.

All in all this is one of my favorite upgrades. :thumbsup:

Gotta say thanks to Jim Hartley for the use of his lift and his and his son's expertise. :respekt:

garcmol 08-12-2012 04:28 PM

Those look great! Just that new fluid will reduce a ton of fade. Doubt you will see much now.

PQ 08-12-2012 04:43 PM

You need to take some soap and water to those rotors. They are dirty. should be silver color.

zebra 08-12-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRPQ (Post 5431262)
You need to take some soap and water to those rotors. They are dirty. should be silver color.

that said, while you're at it, you should also get a chisel & carve some slots in them, too :laugh: