Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE cold air intake choice... HELP needed. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249433)

Lio Martinez 09-11-2012 12:22 AM

1LE cold air intake choice... HELP needed.

On the current Camaro v6 I have a CaI injen black coating and is the long system, so it gies all the way down. I algo got a special fiber that covers the filter so it wont trap water.

I started looking at all the Cold air intakes at phastekperformance.com funny thing is that I want a long system of cold air intake ... But it seems like nobody?? makes them.. not even Injen... Anybody know of any companies that make long systems.. I love the injen cause sometimes u can hear a whistle... Like the sound of a bov on a small turbo..

Why don't they offer the Long systems for SS ? Is the short ram any good? To me it seems that it dosent get much air.. and the one it gets its hot.

What intakes do u Guys recommend for the 1LE?

1LEE 09-11-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 5559499)
On the current Camaro v6 I have a CaI injen black coating and is the long system, so it gies all the way down. I algo got a special fiber that covers the filter so it wont trap water.

I started looking at all the Cold air intakes at phastekperformance.com funny thing is that I want a long system of cold air intake ... But it seems like nobody?? makes them.. not even Injen... Anybody know of any companies that make long systems.. I love the injen cause sometimes u can hear a whistle... Like the sound of a bov on a small turbo..

Why don't they offer the Long systems for SS ? Is the short ram any good? To me it seems that it dosent get much air.. and the one it gets its hot.

Same as the SS....

Just research what works for the SS boys.

SS 376 09-11-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

I'd just as soon save the money and invest in long tube headers. Much bigger bang for your buck than the intake.

Lio Martinez 09-11-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS 376 (Post 5560573)
I'd just as soon save the money and invest in long tube headers. Much bigger bang for your buck than the intake.

I wanna do that bad thing I live in California I got tons os smog restrictions

DRKS1D3 09-12-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 5561597)
I wanna do that bad thing I live in California I got tons os smog restrictions

KALIFORNIA!

GaBoy25 09-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 (Post 5566558)
KALIFORNIA!

This:laugh:

urr2slo 09-12-2012 05:15 PM

ADM race CAI system.

Mgizzle 09-12-2012 08:10 PM

I am thinking CAI powder coated black, with a dry Amsoil cone filter and cone cover.

Fraxum 09-14-2012 07:18 AM

CAI CAI with the scoop.

Sales @ CAI Inc 09-17-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks! :thumbsup:

Lio Martinez 09-17-2012 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Sales @ CAI Inc;5584821]Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

What's the increase on HP and torque ? Price ?

Fraxum 09-18-2012 05:55 AM

[QUOTE=Lio Martinez;5586187]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc (Post 5584821)
Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

What's the increase on HP and torque ? Price ?

About 15-18 RWHP with the scoop. You can feel it and the sound is ripping. CAI+scoop can be had for about $450 if I remember. The black CAI is cool.

davidcroft 09-18-2012 07:04 AM

with other supporting mods the intake becomes less and less important. It is a building block mod. I can tell you that all of them will outflow a stock one, once you have other supporting mods (LT Headers, and catback.) I saw my neighbors dyno 15 RWHP less(LTs and catback only) than my other neighbor who had LTs catback and K&N.

I personally went with the K&N because of price. I also went with the "plastic" one because any metal pipe is hot when dealing with underhood temps. I still can't figure out why people buy intakes with metal tubes.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-3074

I actually bought it on Amazon.com

$253 and free 2 day shipping. WIN!

1LEE 09-18-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcroft (Post 5588967)
with other supporting mods the intake becomes less and less important. It is a building block mod. I can tell you that all of them will outflow a stock one, once you have other supporting mods (LT Headers, and catback.) I saw my neighbors dyno 15 RWHP less(LTs and catback only) than my other neighbor who had LTs catback and K&N.

I personally went with the K&N because of price. I also went with the "plastic" one because any metal pipe is hot when dealing with underhood temps. I still can't figure out why people buy intakes with metal tubes.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-3074

I actually bought it on Amazon.com

$253 and free 2 day shipping. WIN!

Smart man!