Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Racoon Bowling?...that little shhh**!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39786)

TAG UR IT 08-29-2009 01:11 AM

Racoon Bowling?...that little shhh**!!!

No pix as of yet.

But, on the way home from work, I see what I though to be a large cat run across the road way up ahead of me. No biggie.... ....I thought. Then, I saw another one run across the road.

Well....crap.....

Guess I'd better let off the gas in case another one flies out from outta nowhere.

:confused0068:

WHAT THE>>>>>>>>

A third one comes trailing behind the second one! Now I have the brakes TO THE FLOOR.

That damn 4th Racoon the size of a medium sized dog just HAD to run out in front of my car. Little piece of crap.... He just about made it, but I was so hard on the brakes that my front end acted more of a scoop since it was so low to the ground.

Yeah...I hit him with the front left end and that little dude went FLYING...rolling like a bowling ball off to the left and off the road. He never went under the car....just pinged off the front end. Damnit if that little guy dented in the front lower left facia. I popped it out as soon as I got home. You can barely tell. It appeared to have a rift in the reflection in the light and I tried to smooth it out....again, can barely tell. But, I'll have to look at it in the light tomorrow.

4 Raccoons. FOUR. WTH??? Just unbelievable. :thumbdown:

Tantalizer43 08-29-2009 01:14 AM

Some guys have all the luck TAG, and then..... There's guys like you and I!!!!

That's a bummer.... glad to hear that sexy THRSS isn't hurt tooooo bad....

"prima"Donna 08-29-2009 01:21 AM

WOW!!!...what are the chances of 4 raccoons in a row???...maybe a whole little family???...hope your car is ok, glad you're ok too, and good thing no one was tailgating you or you might have gotten rear-ended too...:(

AngryAmish 08-29-2009 01:26 AM

I've actually had a racoon run into the side of my car before. Sometimes I wonder if the stupid stuff they sometimes do is related to maybe eating fermented grapes out of the garbage. Heh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 858623)
No pix as of yet.

But, on the way home from work, I see what I though to be a large cat run across the road way up ahead of me. No biggie.... ....I thought. Then, I saw another one run across the road.

Well....crap.....

Guess I'd better let off the gas in case another one flies out from outta nowhere.

WHAT THE>>>>>>>>

A third one comes trailing behind the second one! Now I have the brakes TO THE FLOOR.

That damn 4th Racoon the size of a medium sized dog just HAD to run out in front of my car. Little piece of crap.... He just about made it, but I was so hard on the brakes that my front end acted more of a scoop since it was so low to the ground.

Yeah...I hit him with the front left end and that little dude went FLYING...rolling like a bowling ball off to the left and off the road. He never went under the car....just pinged off the front end. Damnit if that little guy dented in the front lower left facia. I popped it out as soon as I got home. You can barely tell. It appeared to have a rift in the reflection in the light and I tried to smooth it out....again, can barely tell. But, I'll have to look at it in the light tomorrow.

Doc 08-29-2009 01:28 AM

Oh man that sucks. But look on the bright side; at least they weren't skunks ;)

tom_vilsack 08-29-2009 01:41 AM

Guess im gonna sound like some crazy peta person (im not)...but how did the racoon make out? would hate to think it was the mom and thus the other 3 are sol....

TAG UR IT 08-29-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 858644)
Oh man that sucks. But look on the bright side; at least they weren't skunks ;)

Nope....but that happened with the 4th Gen...and almost in the same area!!! HA! Holy...my garage SMELLED for WEEKS...and that aroma just came POURING in the vents and would NOT come off.....hehehehe...that was, BY FAR, the worst smell. I mean...dude...it hurt my EYES.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack (Post 858654)
Guess im gonna sound like some crazy peta person (im not)...but how did the racoon make out? would hate to think it was the mom and thus the other 3 are sol....

Looked like they were all pretty good sized. I wouldn't worry about younger ones losing mama and now they can't fend for themselves. All I could see is that big guy ROLLING AND ROLLING AND ROLLING....(since I was stopping and he was now moving forward at a pretty good speed, he was passing me). He didn't ever go under the car and get smooshed. It was more of like a running back suddenly getting side swiped from the side and never seeing it coming.

Hoddi 08-29-2009 01:48 AM

Oh boy! Hope your baby looks ok in the light of day :)

JewelZ 08-29-2009 02:05 AM

That sux Tag. I almost at a similar accident on Thousand Oaks off of 281 driving in towards Nakoma. There were about 2 or 3 small rabbits. I floored the brakes and missed em but almost drove up on the sidewalk and just drifted right by it. Unfortunetly a car coming the other direction side swiped on of the poor little rabbits. Gotta be careful in those wilderness areas. I live off of 151 and have not had any issues of deer or any other wild animals. But anytime in the north 281 area there is always a dead animal on the road.

Ammo7 08-29-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 858623)
No pix as of yet.

Well....crap.....

WHAT THE>>>>>>>>

Hope you car is all right.
that story had me ROLTF :sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0:

CloudXTC 08-29-2009 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelZ (Post 858688)
That sux Tag. I almost at a similar accident on Thousand Oaks off of 281 driving in towards Nakoma. There were about 2 or 3 small rabbits. I floored the brakes and missed em but almost drove up on the sidewalk and just drifted right by it. Unfortunetly a car coming the other direction side swiped on of the poor little rabbits. Gotta be careful in those wilderness areas. I live off of 151 and have not had any issues of deer or any other wild animals. But anytime in the north 281 area there is always a dead animal on the road.

wilderness area... man... i was driving with my girl the other day in her neigbourhood.... and its heavily parked on the streets bec of summer and all... all i see was a ball come from at the back of a parked mini van... i slowed down .... then came the kid running whom didnt look at all but kept running for the ball... he ran across im thinking "ok phew"...

then... another kid just darts from beside the same minivan ... i had to hit the brake to complete stop and wait for what seemed like 3 more kids just running across the road not caring to stop and look....

patriotpa 08-29-2009 06:57 AM

I don't worry about running over small animals when I'm in the Silverado. They don't hurt it. With the Camaro, it's so low that a large mouse could cause damage.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C-wWdlhqHzE/Sc...s288/bilde.jpg

Sir Nuke 08-29-2009 07:18 AM

That has happed to me once, and it was four as well. It was a momma and 3 teenagers, but I wasn't in a car, I was on my Harley doing 65 when they appeared. Well it all came out good, hopefully your frount end came out ok. park in the sun and that will help the impack spot "heal" and smoothe out. at least it wasn't as HOG like we have around my part of the country, that would have ruined you whole day!.

ljustin293 08-29-2009 07:23 AM

sorry bout that Tag!!! good thing it didn't hurt ya too bad