Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reputable Online Businesses - Tires/Wheels (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595472)

CamaroChic 07-28-2021 12:54 PM

Reputable Online Businesses - Tires/Wheels

Thanks to many of you, I have figured out 95% of what I want for wheels and tires. Iím going to check with my local shopÖÖ.again, but would love to hear from you on some reputable online businesses where I can order complete packages (tires, wheels, tire sensors, mounting and balancing, etc).

I have looked at Element Wheels, American Muscle, Wheelfire and a few others.

What are your opinions on ceramic wheel coating? I noticed a couple places can add that to your order. Worth the extra money?

gtstorey 07-28-2021 12:58 PM

I've ordered from tires from tire rack several times with zero issues. Their wheel selection is rather small though.

InFiD3ViL 07-28-2021 01:42 PM

Last month I got my new wheels from Element Wheels and my tires from Tire Rack.

I was very happy with the service from Element. Had my MRR017's in stock with the correct backspacing and they shipped fairly quickly. Nice and painless.
https://www.elementwheels.com/vehicl...aro-ss---18672

Tire Rack had delivered my tires literally the day after I ordered them. They never fail to deliver awesome service. Only issue is that MANY tires are out of stock across the country right now, no matter who you order from. I had originally ordered another rear set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (awesome tire!) in 305 size, but they were backordered and would have taken too long. So I cancelled it and ordered (2) Continental Extreme Contact Sport in 315/35/20 and am much happier, since I got the nice meaty fat boys in back now. Now I just need to get a matching set for the front...but they are not a cheap tire!

MarkNJ 07-28-2021 02:07 PM

I decide what I want and price everything out. Then I tell my auto shop what I want and have them order everything as long it is close to the price I figured. Bring my car down there and it's done. This way if something is screwed up with the order or I have a problem down the road, I just bring it to the shop and they handle any problems with their distributors etc..

MarkNJ 07-28-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 11046762)
Last month I got my new wheels from Element Wheels and my tires from Tire Rack.

I was very happy with the service from Element. Had my MRR017's in stock with the correct backspacing and they shipped fairly quickly. Nice and painless.
https://www.elementwheels.com/vehicl...aro-ss---18672

Tire Rack had delivered my tires literally the day after I ordered them. They never fail to deliver awesome service. Only issue is that MANY tires are out of stock across the country right now, no matter who you order from. I had originally ordered another rear set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's (awesome tire!) in 305 size, but they were backordered and would have taken too long. So I cancelled it and ordered (2) Continental Extreme Contact Sport in 315/35/20 and am much happier, since I got the nice meaty fat boys in back now. Now I just need to get a matching set for the front...but they are not a cheap tire!

Cont's are more than 100 dollars more per tire aren't they?

ChibiBlackSheep 07-28-2021 02:26 PM

I have used Tirerack numerous times, OEWheels LLC twice, and I used Factory Reproductions here on this forum through PMs to order my chrome ZL1 replicas in my sig.

InFiD3ViL 07-28-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkNJ (Post 11046782)
Cont's are more than 100 dollars more per tire aren't they?

Even more. I paid $383 each for them 3 weeks ago. Now they are listed at $404 per tire for the 315/35ZR20's.

Continental EXTREMECONTACT SPORT - SIZE: 315/35ZR20
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=135YR0ECSXL

FIREHAWK INDY 500 - SIZE: 305/35R20
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoModClar=2SS

The Firehawk Indy 500's in 305 size are still only $278.99, which is an amazing price for that tire. They are not as fat as the 315's of course, but are still a fantastic tire. I ran a set of the stock staggered Firehawk's for over a year and loved them. That said, I am still happy I got the Contis. You just can't beat that fat meat!....Wait, that didn't sound as good as I thought it would, lol.

xstuntman 07-28-2021 05:01 PM

Used Tire Rack myself and would do so again.

CamaroChic 07-29-2021 01:10 AM

Thank you everyone!

Iíve wrote down what Iím looking at and plan on taking it to my local shop for prices. Iím hoping they will come in pretty close to the prices I have found online as it would make things much easier. With that said, I want to have a couple of places lined up. ElementWheels.Com has everything Iím wanting including mounting and balancing, just want to be sure they are a reputable company as Iíve always shopped local when buying tires and wheels. TireRack.Com seems great but limited and didnít have everything Iím looking at, mainly the wheels. I donít want to order online and receive junk is my biggest fear.

CPCNY 07-29-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroChic (Post 11046732)
Thanks to many of you, I have figured out 95% of what I want for wheels and tires. Iím going to check with my local shopÖÖ.again, but would love to hear from you on some reputable online businesses where I can order complete packages (tires, wheels, tire sensors, mounting and balancing, etc).

I have looked at Element Wheels, American Muscle, Wheelfire and a few others.

What are your opinions on ceramic wheel coating? I noticed a couple places can add that to your order. Worth the extra money?

I ordered a complete wheel/tire package from Bestwheeldeals which are a site sponsor. Great service and price.

I ceramic coated the wheels myself. Wasn't difficult since they weren't on the car yet. I doubt I'd use ceramic coat again. Doesn't seem to make a difference in washing off dust.

CamaroChic 07-29-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPCNY (Post 11047127)
I ordered a complete wheel/tire package from Bestwheeldeals which are a site sponsor. Great service and price.

I ceramic coated the wheels myself. Wasn't difficult since they weren't on the car yet. I doubt I'd use ceramic coat again. Doesn't seem to make a difference in washing off dust.

I actually sent bestwheeldeals a private message but itís been a few days and I havenít heard back. Good to know on the ceramic. Iíve been reading mixed reviews on google.

Rock-It Man 07-29-2021 11:21 AM

Tire Rack is great.

However, disposing of unwanted old tires is a hassle. So much easier to get everything taken care of at a good tire shop.

InFiD3ViL 07-29-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock-It Man (Post 11047244)
Tire Rack is great.

However, disposing of unwanted old tires is a hassle. So much easier to get everything taken care of at a good tire shop.

I order my tires from Tire Rack and have them delivered to my house. I then pay for mounting at the shop. I have never shipped directly to the shop with Tire Rack yet, probably won't. As for disposal, I don't mind paying the small fee the shop charges to get rid of the tires for me. If it was some massive amount I would probably bitch about it, but it's not bad here in Florida. Maybe it's because my favorite shop also sells used tires and likely eats some of that cost, idk.

gtstorey 07-29-2021 12:22 PM

I've had tires shipped from tire rack to the tire shop before and it worked fine, but I'm sure that that varies from shop to shop.