Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Finally ordered my CAI (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192636)

Bumblebeesucks 01-01-2012 08:11 PM

Finally ordered my CAI

So glad I ordered it can't wait to put it on. Anyone have a noticeable difference in MPG or power? Also it's cold air inductions so can I put it on myself and keep warranty?

ihaveacamaro 01-01-2012 08:26 PM

As with everything, if you have the skill level, you can put it on yourself.

I have the v6 with the injen intake and I noticed a bump in power and throttle response as well as a nice sound upgrade :)

good luck!

Ice Demon 01-01-2012 08:32 PM

Putting a cai in is so easy a cave man can I do it. you will notice a lil more power and you will be able to hear the differents. The mpg will most likely stay the same.

Mods on v6 are: K&N cai with washer bottle delete, BBK longtube headers with High flow cats, Trifecta tune (on the way) and muffler delete.

angie7 01-01-2012 10:10 PM

Very easy to install, I did it myself. U wont notice a huge difference in mpg but u will notice a difference in performance and sound.

P3SAR 01-01-2012 10:42 PM

I have heard so many different claims about cold air kits. Are these cars really showing a bump in power?
Sorry to hijack the thread, just want to learn

preppykid 01-01-2012 10:48 PM

After watching this video about a BBK CAI, I went ahead and bought it. I thought it showed a lot of imrpoverment for a V-6 and at about $250, it was a good deal.

Performance improvements at the end of vid***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh8-Uy418fI

P3SAR 01-01-2012 10:53 PM

Good video, thanks

Bumblebeesucks 01-02-2012 08:13 AM

Your questions are as good as mine. Always willing to learn more.

Also thanks for the replies and the video

angie7 01-02-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3SAR (Post 4248072)
I have heard so many different claims about cold air kits. Are these cars really showing a bump in power?

To honest it depends on who u talk to. Some say yes, some say no. If it does increase hp, its not by much, maybe 5-10hp. The most noticable difference is it helps eliminate hesitation which feels like increased hp. Its like this in both the v6 & v8. I had a '11 LT that had a cai & now my SS which has one too. It improved both on faster takeoff, less hesitation, & deeper sound especially noticeable w aftermarket exhaust. CAI r def worth the money. Its a big difference.

gelboy1015 01-02-2012 11:10 AM

I installed my CAI in 10-15 min. Easy to do and worth the time and money!

SC2PRKR 01-02-2012 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the CAI and Love it! Sound is surely better...

Sales @ CAI Inc 01-02-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumblebeesucks (Post 4247544)
So glad I ordered it can't wait to put it on. Anyone have a noticeable difference in MPG or power? Also it's cold air inductions so can I put it on myself and keep warranty?

You will definitely notice a difference, especially in throttle response. Install is simple, it will come with detailed instructions. As for warranty the intake will not affect the vehicles warranty. Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3SAR (Post 4248072)

There are definitely a lot of different claims out there, personally I can only speak for our system. There is no disputing that our system will add power (16 RWHP on the V6 and 15 RWHP on the V8) as well as other great benefits such as better sound at WOT, Improved throttle response, TQ, looks, and in some cases Fuel Economy. Different Dynos and different vehicles may mean slightly different gains, but I can guruantee you that you will have a noticeable increase in power. Check out what our customers are saying: http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2PRKR (Post 4249133)
I have the CAI and Love it! Sound is surely better...

Thank you for choosing CAI Inc. (Cold Air Inductions Inc) we really appreciate your business and support and are glad that you are happy with your new CAI!! :thumbsup:

InfernoOrangeSS 01-02-2012 12:18 PM

I am assuming different versions will require different skill levels to install. On the BBK video, the washer reservoir is still there, but on others I have seen it removed, or moved. I think with my skill level with today's cars, I could install something like the BBK version. I am not so sure about something that would require moving the washer bottle, etc. (Not that I couldn't do it, but wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.)

Are the HP gains for the V8 for the Manual only? When I get my Camaro SS/RS it will be automatic and I wonder if it will do the same for an Automatic concerning HP increase and improved sound.

:iono:

dorfmac 01-02-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc (Post 4249233)
You will definitely notice a difference, especially in throttle response. Install is simple, it will come with detailed instructions. As for warranty the intake will not affect the vehicles warranty. Thanks for choosing CAI Inc.! :)

There are definitely a lot of different claims out there, personally I can only speak for our system. There is no disputing that our system will add power (16 RWHP on the V6 and 15 RWHP on the V8) as well as other great benefits such as better sound at WOT, Improved throttle response, TQ, looks, and in some cases Fuel Economy. Different Dynos and different vehicles may mean slightly different gains, but I can guruantee you that you will have a noticeable increase in power. Check out what our customers are saying: http://www.coldairinductions.com/testimonials

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!! :thumbsup:

Thank you for choosing CAI Inc. (Cold Air Inductions Inc) we really appreciate your business and support and are glad that you are happy with your new CAI!! :thumbsup:

I've been looking at purchasing one as well. Do you offer any forum discounts? :thumbup: