Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Any CF Hood Scoop/Rockers/Difusser/Rear Spoiler/Front Air Dam/splitter (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504907)

Genzl1rev 08-13-2017 07:32 PM

Any CF Hood Scoop/Rockers/Difusser/Rear Spoiler/Front Air Dam/splitter

I just went on a magical hunt looking for people who took the Gen 5 and put all CF on all the external bits.
Front AirDam/splitter, hood scoop, Rockers, Rear Difuser, and rear spoiler.
Who sells these and does it look good?

I see guys on regular cars throwing on CF hoods and stuff, and it looks kinda hokey, but on the 5th gens these parts are already "Black" (except the rear spoiler) and it's not like you are just throwing on a contrasting color.

Inferno13 08-14-2017 06:23 AM

I have looked at the CF parts, and would love to do it. It's a big commitment cost wise. I can't justify it right now.

GONMAD510 08-14-2017 09:55 AM

I have looked at CF parts also. I don't mind changing out the plastic parts for CF. I think that looks good. As Inferno13 said it is a big cost commitment but you don't need to buy them all at once. Anderson Composits sells some CF stuff. I haven't checked into the quality of the product though.

KaBoom1701 08-14-2017 10:01 AM

Too much cost....

I already have small chips from the track. I'd freak out spending all the money on CF to have it chipped at the track. Lol

Genzl1rev 08-14-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 9865190)
Too much cost....

I already have small chips from the track. I'd freak out spending all the money on CF to have it chipped at the track. Lol

I wouldn't want to get the chips either, but the look would be what I'd be going for. I'm not tracking it.
I'm not sure how much the weight reduction would be just for those parts though.
I've seen hoods and trunk lids and I'm sure that's a pretty good weight reduction.

DrkPhx 08-14-2017 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^^^ Actually CF doesn't offer as much of a weight reduction on certain parts as you would think. I have the Seibon (now Anderson) CF rear spoiler and diffuser) and they look great. I did have to trim the diffuser to make it fit; but otherwise it was fine. As others mentioned, it's $$$ and somewhat slow delivery. You can do a google search for their website. Sorry for the monster pic. Their side rockers look great as well, but I don't have them.

Genzl1rev 08-15-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkPhx (Post 9865727)
^^^ Actually CF doesn't offer as much of a weight reduction on certain parts as you would think. I have the Seibon (now Anderson) CF rear spoiler and diffuser) and they look great. I did have to trim the diffuser to make it fit; but otherwise it was fine. As others mentioned, it's $$$ and somewhat slow delivery. You can do a google search for their website. Sorry for the monster pic. Their side rockers look great as well, but I don't have them.

Monster Pic for a Monster Car.
That Looks Excellent.
I went to the Anderson site and saw all the parts except the CF air dam/lower for sale.
I did notice a pic of the fogs and it had that whole set up in CF.