Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   SimCity (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281057)

Steve Dallas 03-04-2013 11:43 PM

SimCity

Just about done installing.

Anyone else getting this? Might be interested in doing adjoining cities with people. Beta was pretty cool, will be nice to see the full game.

Silverlsinva 03-05-2013 09:15 AM

Ill be picking this up today and try out a test city first to get a feel for the game before going too far into it, but it does seem like it would be fun to adjoin with other cities with other people.

Tayap79 03-05-2013 09:19 AM

I was absolutely addicted to these games when they were out the first time. How is it so far?? Thinking about going and picking it up.

Brokinarrow 03-05-2013 02:51 PM

Still getting the hang of things... definitely a different feel from previous versions.

DuskSS 03-05-2013 02:52 PM

gonna pick it up as well.

Steve Dallas 03-05-2013 06:30 PM

It's a little different, but still very good. Interface is very nice.

The inter-city trade is something I'm still trying to get used to. Demo had no-where near all the buildings so building the -right- city might take some time.

If anyone has it, PM me so we can link up in the game :)

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 03-05-2013 06:46 PM

hmm, I was hooked on the older versions as a younger man.. well into my 20s.

haven't looked at or touched a pc game in 15 years at least..

I really loved the simcity games started way back with SimCity Classic (version 1) I might just have to look into this new one.

didn't even know they came out with another, tells you how out of the loop I am.

Tayap79 03-05-2013 07:33 PM

When you say linking up cities...what all does that involve? You can trade or something?

13FastBlkSS 03-05-2013 07:36 PM

I guess I am going to have to wait until it comes out on Mac.. :emoticon3:

FenwickHockey65 03-05-2013 07:38 PM

I got it in the mail today. I've read a lot of complaints about the Origin system though.

Steve Dallas 03-05-2013 07:47 PM

Most of the complaints with Origin are with EA and DRM. I've used Origin for other games and don't really have a problem with it. Some people use it as an excuse to pirate the game though.

The Mac version will be out this spring.

As far as trading, I haven't gotten all the details, however the games you create have a number of towns in a region. There are also Great Works. Not sure yet how those are used.

You can take over 1 or all of the towns in a region. Towns will have resources like coal, ore or oil, and you can build mines or oil rigs to gather those resources. You build depots and it looks like there are some higher level trade buildings (more storage? Not sure yet).

If you don't have the resources, you can buy them on the world market. I think that includes all towns in existence, though I really haven't studied the dynamic yet.

Certain buildings use those resources, so if you're mining it you can use it or sell it on the world market.

Silverlsinva 03-06-2013 09:42 AM

I was messing around with my first city and made some serious mistakes lol didnt use my space well enough and couldnt expand my roads to beable to use street cars or have bigger lanes for better traffic or beable to use mass transit but i did have a very profitable city making like 14k a month but no space to buy or upgrade stuff. But Now servers are off and on and i cant even get logged on a game since the servers are down. But i think i am ready to try and join other game and play with other people 2010vass is my name on orgin or the game just let me know server and what region and ill join if its not full. I do like the game though just gotta remember to save space around stuff so its easier to expand.

Silverlsinva 03-06-2013 11:29 AM

ok now it is getting frustrating they game crashes or something goes wrong when im in the middle of playing i hope this has something to do with the servers cause i dont wanna have to uninstall and reinstall but i think it does have to do with the servers cause i played most of the day yesterday no problems and today is game has problem closes i restart game play for 30 mins and does the same thing.

ZLWonton 03-06-2013 12:20 PM

i just watched some of the vids... im headed out to best buy and buying it!