Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   want 3.99% financing? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17218)

diddiyo 03-31-2009 02:05 PM

want 3.99% financing?

I read this on another forum, maybe it will work for somebody on here as well:

Quote:

I was told even with my great credit (790+ FICO score), I am only going to get 6.99% APR. To me that was absolutely unacceptable! I have worked hard to keep my credit score where it is today and I deserve a better rate. So, I went to my nearest credit union and they told me I will get 5.74% APR from their financial institution. I was okay with it but not totally happy. So, I start researching how I can get a better rate. Then I found out about the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. They are offering 3.99% APR on all new car purchase!!! I was sold! But there was a problem. I am not in the Army, Coast Guard or Air Force. How can I get such rate? Well, answer is simple. You can pay $20 and become member of NMFA (National Military Family Association - Option 7) and you’ll get the loan with desired APR. I was surprised to see the knowledge of these customer service reps. I had a very good experience with them. Once you’re member, you’ll have to fill out a loan application ONLINE and you’ll instantly know if you’re approved or no for the 3.99% APR. Then they will FEDEX you check the next day or you can go pick it up at your nearest branch. I opted for the next day FEDEX.

Iwantone2 03-31-2009 02:12 PM

3.99% on a new Camaro?! so far that is the best deal...unless 0% pops up somewhere...Thanks for the info :w00t:

Embalmer 03-31-2009 03:20 PM

Yea, they required my last years W2's and last 2 pay stubs at Pentagon FCU...

Probably because I recently changed jobs.

They also wanted the vehicle VIN number.... So I'm surprised to hear from people that they are just sending checks after they are pre-approved.....

Yea, I was pre-approved in minutes but they required a lot more crap before they are sending any checks out...

Ant 03-31-2009 03:38 PM

Can you sign up on the website?

1_2Many 03-31-2009 04:27 PM

Man this is old news. I have a 719 credit score (not the best I know, but should be even better in a month) and got denied by Penfed for a loan. The problem was I have two auto loans on my credit score right now...I explained that one of the loans would come off when I traded the car in for the new one and the other loan is my wife's car who I am currently divorcing and she pays for.

They said I have to show proof of these things. I can show proof of the divorce, but how I do show proof that I'm trading my current car in?

So in the mean time I've put the other car in my ex-wife's name and hoping it comes off my record soon. When it does I will re-apply and hope they believe me about my trade!

camaro5 03-31-2009 04:30 PM

I checked these guys out before, but gave up because I wasn't in the military.

Good info!

Quote:

You can pay $20 and become member of NMFA (National Military Family Association - Option 7) and you’ll get the loan with desired APR.

1_2Many 03-31-2009 04:45 PM

BTW you can also join if anyone in your family is military or ex-military.

I got in, but I'm not sure if it was because my grandpa is ex Air Force or perhaps my company was on their list of government contractors. I just gave all the info I could and they accepted me.

Ant 03-31-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1_2Many (Post 375009)
BTW you can also join if anyone in your family is military or ex-military.

I got in, but I'm not sure if it was because my grandpa is ex Air Force or perhaps my company was on their list of government contractors. I just gave all the info I could and they accepted me.

Which option is it if you have a family member who was in the military?

trudawg660 03-31-2009 05:06 PM

you dont have to be in the military to open a account with them, give me a minute and i will try to find the link.

trudawg660 03-31-2009 05:08 PM

i found it

https://www.penfed.org/membershipApp.../2008/nmfa.asp

Supermans 03-31-2009 05:23 PM

I already have Penfed and yes it is the best out there...

Banshee 03-31-2009 09:11 PM

Can you join Pentagon Federal if you WERE in the Air Force and honorably discharged, but do not belong to any other eligible entity listed?

Ant 03-31-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 375642)
Can you join Pentagon Federal if you WERE in the Air Force and honorably discharged, but do not belong to any other eligible entity listed?

I believe so.

Speed74SS 04-01-2009 12:00 AM

I just joined today - thanks for the heads up!!