Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New User! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035)

MarkLS2 04-29-2006 03:47 PM

New User!

Welcome! Check in here

LouT 04-29-2006 06:32 PM

I'm very interested in the new generation Camaro. I just saw it at the NY autoshow and although I actually went to the show to see the new saturn sky redline, once I saw the camaro I was floored and amazed GM had it in them. Give it some good muscle and it will be time to trash rustangs again

JonathanDavis 04-29-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouT
I'm very interested in the new generation Camaro. I just saw it at the NY autoshow and although I actually went to the show to see the new saturn sky redline, once I saw the camaro I was floored and amazed GM had it in them. Give it some good muscle and it will be time to trash rustangs again

Agreed.... the car is pretty sexy. Seems the general is making steps in the right direction with cars people actually want. Just please gm, dont skimp on the inside.....

RonAlbasso 04-29-2006 06:44 PM

nice fansite. but to be honest, i'll believe it when I see it, GM has screwed me over so many ****in times.

Bedrock 04-29-2006 07:14 PM

This new Camaro is an overall fantastic car, much much better then the "SS" concept from a few years back. It looks like the perfect car, ready to compete with ford and dodge. I'm hoping it comes with an affordable 3900 engine

rahi 04-29-2006 10:47 PM

this is the exact type of icon vehicle GM needs, nothing cookie cutter about it. Great job GM!

bellflame 04-29-2006 11:05 PM

checking in.

biggest mistake ever by GM: showing us this concept car when no production car is around the car. Theres obviously alot of momentum right now and GM coulda cashed in 3-4 months from now if they had a production version ready to go. But nope, we get to wait 1-2 years and by then this car will be forgotten by many. Another blunder...... Ford knows how to roll out a new car, wish the general would take a lesson.

Tran 04-29-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellflame
checking in.

biggest mistake ever by GM: showing us this concept car when no production car is around the car. Theres obviously alot of momentum right now and GM coulda cashed in 3-4 months from now if they had a production version ready to go. But nope, we get to wait 1-2 years and by then this car will be forgotten by many. Another blunder...... Ford knows how to roll out a new car, wish the general would take a lesson.

Great point, have to strike while the iron is hot!

PonyTech 05-01-2006 09:33 AM

Hi new here. Looking forward to learning when Chevy decides to produce this car.

Hyperknight 05-16-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellflame
checking in.

+1. Maybe they'll surprise us all and release it early, but that's just wishful thinking.

BowlingSS 06-04-2006 03:58 PM

Checking in.

Bill

joey 06-06-2006 01:36 PM

Hi!! Im new and just wanted to say i cant wait for this camaro to come out!!

Hoodscoop 06-07-2006 08:27 PM

Hey - posted in another section, but checking in per your request.

How is everybody doing?

Glad to see a new place that I hope takes off?

Anything good going on?

Tran 06-08-2006 09:39 AM

Welcome all! Glad to see people checking in here. We're all in the same boat - just awaiting news on production schedule and final production design. Keep checking in for periodic updates.

spun07SS 06-08-2006 01:55 PM

I'm here!!

......just checking in

matthewmiller01 07-11-2006 04:37 PM

Newbie...

I just came across this site. It is WONDERFUL! I truly hope GM goes through with this, but I honestly hope it is in 2008 or 2009 so that I will be able to pay for one outright and not have to deal with financing! :D

Twin Turbo 07-12-2006 02:52 PM

Hi all.....new member here, all the way from England :)

This is a great site and I've been a huge fan of the Camaro concept ever since I discovered the leaked photos on the internet back in December last year.

GM have to build this car - COS I WANT ONE!!!!

The UK currently gets a rebadged Holden Monaro (Pontiac GTO to you guys)...the only real muscle car available, although there are a number of new Mustangs being personally imported.

This new Camaro really is my current "real life" dream car, although petrol costs over £5 per gallon over here. Not sure of the current exhange rate, but that's nearer $8 per gallon.....and you think it's expensive over there! :eek:

BlacLac02 07-19-2006 02:07 PM

sorry ive been a member now for a couple weeks and never noticed this, so im checking in. check

rocknrollcali87 07-26-2006 02:34 AM

Im new to the site, and Im glad I joined. Im glad to see there are so many more thrilled people waiting anxiously for the Camaro's return. Sure it is still a concept , but I remain hopeful.

The concept has alot of characteristics of my 69 Camaro, and I hope that with the new Challenger already set in production, we may see another rivalry and Camaro coming out on top. Gas is expensive today so I hope those engineers from GM are thinking of something to save us .

fishmeister27 07-31-2006 07:10 AM

whats up?

67 L88 07-31-2006 07:47 PM

waiting to purchase a 40 yr. red bookend....

TAG UR IT 08-03-2006 12:44 AM

check

Bowtie Guy Z28 08-10-2006 03:03 PM

Whats up everyone!? Let me start out by saying today is definately a day worth celebrating!!!!!

wheelmanLS2 09-13-2006 06:46 PM

My name is Ryan. I am currently in college for engineering (although I already know I need to change majors) and living in the Charlotte, NC area.

As for my automotive background, I have owned quite a few cars to date since my dad has a dealers license and I usually keep flipping whatever I'm driving within a month... right now I'm in a 2001 Honda Accord EX 5-speed but I've had it for 4 weeks and am sick of it already; it's just bland is all. My favorite car was a black '95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 that I drove for 2 years, outfitting it with the knobby trail tires, suspension lift, headers, MSD ignition, etc, etc, etc. Somebody rear-ended me and totaled it because they couldn't see the taillights (I tinted them a little too dark). You live, you learn right?

My thoughts on the new Camaro consist of an ecstacy, an excitement. However, I don't want a car that 300,000 other people will be eventually be driving. How many Mustangs have they sold so far? I would love to see a Trans AM WS6 version, although I know that wouldn't be out, if ever, until 2010 or later. That's fine because that's about when I'd like to buy my first new car anyways. I have my fingers crossed.

TAG UR IT 09-13-2006 10:03 PM

What's up Wheelman. Good to have you here. I had the truck urge too. I had a 98 S10 that I put a 3 inch body lift on. I then slapped on some 31X10.5 Pirelli Scorpions. Was pretty nice and looked tough as hell.

DESTRO 09-24-2006 11:15 AM

Checking in!

Nice site BTW!

LowRider 09-25-2006 10:47 AM

enemy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 36)
Great point, have to strike while the iron is hot!

Ford sucks balls!! And when the camaro comes out it is gonna walk all over the Rustang easily!!:evil:

Carrie 09-27-2006 11:36 AM

Hello! New to the site, and letting my presence known. I've always been into cars. Dad had a 69 SS Camaro and mom had a 69 SS Chevelle. Had the Chevelle for 17 years. I currently drive a 2002 ZR2 Blazer. Been itching for a sports car since. Last sports car I had was a 2000 SS Montie Carlo. 3 months later a punk broadsided me. Rest is history. I also ride 2 wheels. Currently riding a 2003 Fatboy. You all take care,

Carrie

Bruno 10-01-2006 07:48 AM

Welcome everyone. This place be rockin more and more.

Casull 10-04-2006 03:52 PM

Hi all. Just joined today. I have already posted a few times, but thought I would "check-in"

Like everyone else I am waiting with bated breathe for this car to come out. I saw it last year at the Chicago autoshow and stood there in a daze for literally 1 hour and 10 mins.

1SLOWS6 10-06-2006 12:18 PM

Sup guys..just checkin in..just regestred to the forums 2day...and cant wait soon enough for this new camaro

SSFreak11 10-06-2006 02:00 PM

Hello everyone, just checking in...

LowRider 10-12-2006 10:49 AM

Hey guys I am here.
1992 Camaro Z/28 LowRider-3in off the ground
1996 Chevy S-10 LowRider-2.5in off the ground

sniklfritz2000 10-17-2006 11:43 PM

it rules

i have a 85 camaro strip down out of work now but i plan on putting some money into it one day any waythis camaro rocks in love had a 90 rs but wrecked it it was a great car t-tops grey it was sick i miss it tho all hail gm-camaros :bow: :evil: :headbang:

eddiebob 10-21-2006 01:56 AM

I went to my local Chevy dealer several months ago with a contract in my hand that I drafted. I gave them $1000 deposit and the contract guarantees me their first order slot for the next generation camaro at MSRP. They had no problem agreeing to this and I actually think they were kind of excited to know they already have their first one sold. Now the good part. In the contract, I put my name and/or assigns so I can assign the contract to anyone else I want. This way if I change my mind, I'm sure I won't have trouble finding someone else to assume the contract. And if people are crazy enough to be paying big bucks over MSRP at first, I may even sell the contract. I really want to be one of the first to own the new camaro, but for the right price, I'd sell my purchase slot and wait a year longer.

daddyseth1 10-25-2006 06:59 PM

LIKE A ROCK!!!!

I am so glad I stumbled upon this website, because I am a true bow-tie guy and I will always be! I am a big fan of old-school cars, and I am just 30! My absolute dream car...... the '69 Camaro Z28! She is so sleek, compact, and quick. The torque those cars packed even off stock were tremendous. So one can only imagine my aura when I witnessed this New Camaro concept at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show, my heart stopped, literally. I am somewhat of a novical gearhead, but I am gonna try my damnest to one of those lucky folx who will be behind the wheel of one these georgeous Camaros when GM opens up the gates! There is quite a bit I still want to learn about the performance dynamics of THIS car. So I am glad to be here and I look forward to the knowledge I encounter while anxiously awaiting the release of this MASTERPIECE! Do I seemed geeked or what?!

TAG UR IT 10-25-2006 09:26 PM

Welcome to the site! You're going to have a lot of fun and get the latest here.

1bad67camaro 11-20-2006 06:05 PM

hello new here nice site cant wait for the new camaro

AirGoya 12-01-2006 02:05 PM

I am also new this forum. It's actually my first forum.
Let me know if there is anything i should know. Thanks a lot.

Moose 12-01-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 3377)
I am also new this forum. It's actually my first forum.
Let me know if there is anything i should know. Thanks a lot.

Welcome! :thumbsup:

As far as "anything you should know"...just be nice. :D

Seriously, I think you'll enjoy this site. And if you see/hear any news on the new Camaro, make sure to share. ;)

Ed