Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Z/28 and Iroc models coming? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248620)

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 5546757)
The Z28 should be the Boss 302 competitor. the 1LE is more like a track pack mustang. especially considering the price of the package. the Z28 will return. it's just a matter of when not if.

What of they bumped up the HP of the 1LE to 475HP and dropped 200 pounds of weight. Would it then qualify as a Z28 in your eyes?

2cnd chance 09-07-2012 04:46 PM

Simply put no. Why? They can't drop 200 lbs. The 475 is fine, but won't happen. And where's the aero and brake upgrade?

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5547100)
Simply put no. Why? They can't drop 200 lbs. The 475 is fine, but won't happen. And where's the aero and brake upgrade?

I was giving a what if. Not saying they would do it. And yes they could replace components with light weight composites in all removable body panels and high strength alloys in other areas that could reduce weight along with removing much of the sound insulation.

2cnd chance 09-07-2012 05:08 PM

When I said "can't" I was saying they can't unless we want a $70K Camaro.

Bhobbs 09-07-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5547180)
I was giving a what if. Not saying they would do it. And yes they could replace components with light weight composites in all removable body panels and high strength alloys in other areas that could reduce weight along with removing much of the sound insulation.

What if they just build the damn car how we want it? They won't release a 475 HP LS3 and they won't strip out a bunch of weight.

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5547196)
When I said "can't" I was saying they can't unless we want a $70K Camaro.

Nobody ever has put a price point on it. Anything is possible...

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 5547197)
What if they just build the damn car how we want it? They won't release a 475 HP LS3 and they won't strip out a bunch of weight.

The problem is everybody has their idea what a Z28 should be and no matter how they build it you are going tho have a bunch of people crying that they screwed it up. That is probably why there has not been a Z28 yet. Too many whiners that will never be happy.

wildpaws 09-07-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5547233)
The problem is everybody has their idea what a Z28 should be and no matter how they build it you are going tho have a bunch of people crying that they screwed it up. That is probably why there has not been a Z28 yet. Too many whiners that will never be happy.

I don't see many whiners on this forum, what I do see is an abundance of people jumping into this forum thinking they have all the answers while they conveniently forget that we have been actively discussing for several years all of the possibilities that might be possible for a new Z/28. And then they get pissed because we don't agree with their ridiculous statements. That's what I see.
Clyde

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildpaws (Post 5547272)
I don't see many whiners on this forum, what I do see is an abundance of people jumping into this forum thinking they have all the answers while they conveniently forget that we have been actively discussing for several years all of the possibilities that might be possible for a new Z/28. And then they get pissed because we don't agree with their ridiculous statements. That's what I see.
Clyde

Just what I said too many different people thinking they know what a Z28 should be. Heck people can't even agree that the SS is right. They whine all the time wanting this or that to be changed, it's been that way from day one. I can't see it being any different for the Z28, in fact it will probably be even worse.

2cnd chance 09-07-2012 05:43 PM

If you take the time to read through the Z28 threads you will see we have, as Clyde said, discussed many possibilities. We've had the pleasure to have had some insiders point us in the right directions as to what is doable, what is possible and probable if they do make a 5Gen Z28. I'm sorry, but using the word whiners comes accross as a childish way to argue your point.

Take the time and read intently through the threads to see why we've come to the understanding we have.

2cnd chance 09-07-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5547217)
Nobody ever has put a price point on it. Anything is possible...

My comment is again based on insider comments.

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5547322)
If you take the time to read through the Z28 threads you will see we have, as Clyde said, discussed many possibilities. We've had the pleasure to have had some insiders point us in the right directions as to what is doable, what is possible and probable if they do make a 5Gen Z28. I'm sorry, but using the word whiners comes accross as a childish way to argue your point.

Take the time and read intently through the threads to see why we've come to the understanding we have.

Of the threads I have seen there have been many heated discussions over what a Z28 should be. Saying I am being childish saying there are whiners on here, well all I can say is there are a lot of people that like to complain in a manner that comes across as whining. Seems like I was attacked for just giving a what if. :iono:
Anyway they need to go back to the original formula they used for a Z28 back in 67. That was the true Z the 67-69 versions.

Angrybird 12 09-07-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 5547327)
My comment is again based on insider comments.

Ok I will accept that but again my what if comment was just in reply to my sons comment about the 1LE package not being the Boss competitor. And if they could bump up the HP and remove weight if it would qualify as a Z28.
Never ever saying it would be done, at least not in the 5th Gen.

I am sorry if I said anything that may have upset those Z28 faithful. So i will now bow out gracefully.Good night everyone and I hope you all get what you want in a Z28:thumbup:

jesserayjames 09-07-2012 06:12 PM

You guys are never happy......................... JRJ