Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

GTAHVIT 11-18-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 4043160)
Downshifts require a catch can with FI. Do you have one?

:D yes I do.. Mike Norris... even did an install video. :D

CynAgain 11-18-2011 08:45 PM

:popcorn: I've been gone way too long.

GTAHVIT 11-18-2011 08:47 PM

LOL yeah... Not much has changed in here... :D

Like I said before it is good to have you and Scatter back

:D

CynAgain 11-18-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4043214)
LOL yeah... Not much has changed in here... :D

Like I said before it is good to have you and Scatter back

Thanks! The cold is here and the car sleeps. I think this is the coldest Ed has ever seen and it's not even Thanksgiving :sm0:

I'm sure his Xmas wish involves money and a move back to Calif. :D

SSE 4 2SS 11-18-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043207)
:popcorn: I've been gone way too long.

Well howdy stranger... Glad you two are back on board... Haven't seen you two in a while.

SSE 4 2SS 11-18-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4042793)
I've always played with Heel/toe down shitfing, no expert by any stretch.. But the lingenfelter pedals really help... It's kinda funny when I do it coming to a stop light... slowing down with the engine at a bout 3 grand... :happyanim:

You can teach me the heel and toe shift one day... Not much call for it in a straight line... But could still prove useful...:D

CynAgain 11-18-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4043273)
Well howdy stranger... Glad you two are back on board... Haven't seen you two in a while.

:wave: Hello Moderator! Congrats on the promo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4043285)
You can teach me the heel and toe shift one day... Not much call for it in a straight line... But could still prove useful...:D

I love driving this way. Barefoot always worked best for me :D but there are some nice driving shoes out there too.

GTAHVIT 11-18-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043271)
Thanks! The cold is here and the car sleeps. I think this is the coldest Ed has ever seen and it's not even Thanksgiving :sm0:

I'm sure his Xmas wish involves money and a move back to Calif. :D

Poor ED!!!

I'm a southern US guy... born in Tucson, served in San Diego, Live in FL...

I don't do cold... at all.

ever...

LMAO

SSE 4 2SS 11-18-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043298)
:wave: Hello Moderator! Congrats on the promo.

I love driving this way. Barefoot always worked best for me :D but there are some nice driving shoes out there too.

Thanks...

I've actually got driving shoes for race day... I was reading about heel and toe shifting the other day... Interesting... But I learn more by watching and then doing rather than reading about it...

CynAgain 11-18-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4043302)
Poor ED!!!

ever...

LMAO

I keep saying "Poor Ed" too but he's the one running around without a jacket. :iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4043320)
Thanks...

I've actually got driving shoes for race day... I was reading about heel and toe shifting the other day... Interesting... But I learn more by watching and then doing rather than reading about it...

I can image you would prefer to have someone show you in person, but have you checked youtube. There are some tutorials out there.

SSE 4 2SS 11-18-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4043302)
Poor ED!!!

ever...

LMAO

:word:... Texan by choice... I hauled a patient to the twin cities a few years ago... In early Jan. We landed, loaded him into the ambulance and went to the hospital... While working on a patient, I almost never noticed weather conditions... And never wore a coat... Ever...

So, we get back to the airport and the plane had been moved... I asked the guy at the private terminal, and he points about a mile down the ramp... So, my partner and I headed out... I had on a short sleeved shirt.... We picked the pt up in Cozumel...I think we made it about thirty yards and turned around and sprinted back inside... The guy at the counter was laughing... He wished one of his friends had been there so he could bet how far we would make it... Then proceeded to tell us it was 30 below zero... I didn't think it really got that cold anywhere...

SSE 4 2SS 11-18-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynAgain (Post 4043346)
I keep saying "Poor Ed" too but he's the one running around without a jacket. :iono:
e.

See, it's a southern man thing...

GTAHVIT 11-18-2011 09:17 PM

here's a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWSy...eature=related

CynAgain 11-18-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4043359)
:word:... Texan by choice... I hauled a patient to the twin cities a few years ago... In early Jan. We landed, loaded him into the ambulance and went to the hospital... While working on a patient, I almost never noticed weather conditions... And never wore a coat... Ever...

So, we get back to the airport and the plane had been moved... I asked the guy at the private terminal, and he points about a mile down the ramp... So, my partner and I headed out... I had on a short sleeved shirt.... We picked the pt up in Cozumel...I think we made it about thirty yards and turned around and sprinted back inside... The guy at the counter was laughing... He wished one of his friends had been there so he could bet how far we would make it... Then proceeded to tell us it was 30 below zero... I didn't think it really got that cold anywhere...

This made me laugh! 30 below is quite cold. I have the video camera ready so I can capture his reactions. It should be pretty comical when the weather really sets in. :sm0:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4043387)
here's a good one.

Sounds like rocks in the under carriage at 0:40. :yikes: