Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It was time for me to say..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357830)

lcrngrs 05-11-2014 02:14 PM

It was time for me to say.....

3 Attachment(s)
Goodbye. After owning my car for the past four years I decided that it was time to move on. I went back and forth with myself for over two months and felt I could move on with little or no regrets. A new job and a farther commute helped with my decision. I was getting 21 mpg so deciding on the jeep which I should average around 25 helps somewhat but really had no impact. I want to thank everyone here who over the years have given me great advice and feedback. I looked for a jeep forum to join but so far I have not found one even close to this one. On a side note, I do have a set of BLIZZAK snow tires which are on 20" stock Camaro rims I will be selling. If anyone is interested please PM me. They have around 1000 miles of usage on them and they are in excellent shape. Thanks. By the way, I put up a few pics to share. Next week I am getting the hood decal which they owe me. My first mod will be to put a red pinstripe around it. Here I go again. LOL

PalmerGA 05-11-2014 02:30 PM

I stole this from a fellow member, but it just seems so fitting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PVrEwCa8nSA

rjdapilmoto 05-11-2014 02:32 PM

What model Jeep is that? We're thinking about getting one for our daughter. She wants to put black rims on hers. LOL!!

rebelyell22 05-11-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto (Post 7655514)
What model Jeep is that? We're thinking about getting one for our daughter. She wants to put black rims on hers. LOL!!

Cherokee. Looks like an alien. I came from the JK world

Cheveey57 05-11-2014 02:39 PM

IMO they ruined the Jeep most models are now very Japanesesque.
Good luck with it.

lcrngrs 05-11-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 7655503)
I stole this from a fellow member, but it just seems so fitting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PVrEwCa8nSA

One of my favorite movies.

rjdapilmoto 05-11-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelyell22 (Post 7655524)
Cherokee. Looks like an alien. I came from the JK world

Is it the Sport, Limited, or Latitude model?

rebelyell22 05-11-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto (Post 7655586)
Is it the Sport, Limited, or Latitude model?

Looks like a trailhawk

Camarolover85 05-11-2014 03:22 PM

Oh god, no offense to you but I HATE the new model Cherokees. I have no idea what they were thinking when they did that with the front end. Jeep has always been so iconic with the same basic look and I like that and when you see a jeep, you KNOW it's a Jeep. This is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen now.

lol sorry to be so brutal. But at least it's a bad ass car because it's a Jeep! It'll hold it's value and last a long time.

lcrngrs 05-11-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelyell22 (Post 7655592)
Looks like a trailhawk

It is. I'm getting the hood decal tomorrow.

The_Blur 05-11-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarolover85 (Post 7655607)
Oh god, no offense to you but I HATE the new model Cherokees. I have no idea what they were thinking when they did that with the front end. Jeep has always been so iconic with the same basic look and I like that and when you see a jeep, you KNOW it's a Jeep. This is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen now.

lol sorry to be so brutal. But at least it's a bad ass car because it's a Jeep! It'll hold it's value and last a long time.

:word: I was very upset to see the simple design of Jeep turn into a Nissan Juke-inspired piece of garbage.

Camarolover85 05-11-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 7655615)
:word: I was very upset to see the simple design of Jeep turn into a Nissan Juke-inspired piece of garbage.

Totally agree. If they destroy the Wrangler I'll be crushed. Some of my favorite car's as a child were wrangler's and cherokee's, i have no idea why lol. But I wanted a Wrangler when I realized I could afford a Camaro. Wrangler will be my next car once I'm done with my apprenticeship. Need a truck, a camaro and a Wrangler. haha

The_Blur 05-11-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarolover85 (Post 7655622)
Totally agree. If they destroy the Wrangler I'll be crushed. Some of my favorite car's as a child were wrangler's and cherokee's, i have no idea why lol. But I wanted a Wrangler when I realized I could afford a Camaro. Wrangler will be my next car once I'm done with my apprenticeship. Need a truck, a camaro and a Wrangler. haha

:word: I, too, think the Wrangler is a really unique, special vehicle among automotive enthusiasts. I don't feel the same about most of the Jeep line, so I guess this isn't the worst thing in the world. The Wrangler's stripped nature needs to be maintained for Jeep to still have that mystique. Otherwise, they'll just be a crappy SUV brand. I would love to see GM try to get into the Wrangler game with a trimmed mini-Hummer-style vehicle.

Thrillz 05-11-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheveey57 (Post 7655532)
IMO they ruined the Jeep most models are now very Japanesesque.
Good luck with it.

I'm sorry but what the hell are you talking about. There is nothing similiar between a Japanese vehicle and the Jeep lineup. The Jeep trailhawk is a fantastic ride and the interior puts the interior of say a RAV4 to shame. Companies like say Toyota build boring uninspiring cars. Jeep builds good looking vehicles that are fun to drive that you look forward to every day. Dumb comment imho.