Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Test and Tune - Nov & Dec (Weather Permitting) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115336)

thesnoopster 11-12-2010 07:09 PM

Test and Tune - Nov & Dec (Weather Permitting)

Wassup gang! .... Iwas looking at the schedules at different tracks in the area to try to get in some test and tune runs for November and December and I came across a few tracks that are holding it until like the 1st week of December.

I thought I see if some wanted to see what their cars can due before mommy nature sets in and hang out and have some fun as well :D

Yes its gonna be a tad chilly but that will mean possibly some good ET's :D

Here is the following that I found (1/4 mile tracks):

Virginia Motorsports Park, Petersburg, VA.
TEST & TUNE ON THE FOLLOWING SATURDAYS

November 13th
November 20th
December 4th

Gates Open at 11 AM
Test & Tune From 12 - 5 PM

Test & Tune $30
Crew / Adult Spectator $12
Children 12 & Under FREE

*forecast temperature must be above 50 degress & no rain in order to race*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maryland International Raceway, Budds Creek, MD

Nov 14, Sun, MIR Fall Performance Swap Meet / Test & Tune

Gates Open:
9:00 am
Time Runs:
10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Nov 21, Sun, Test & Tune

Event Description:
Extended time runs, grudge runs and gambler's racing for all. Plenty of track time for pro teams, imports, street cars, motorcycles, juniors, ET racers... Everyone is welcome!

Gates Open:
10:00 am

Time Runs:

Nov 28, Sun, Test & Tune
Event Description:
Extended time runs, grudge runs and gambler's racing for all. Plenty of track time for pro teams, imports, street cars, motorcycles, juniors, ET racers... Everyone is welcome!

Gates Open:
10:00 am

Time Runs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cecil County Dragway, Rising Sun, MD

20-Nov-10 Saturday Test & Tune Gates Open 8 am
27-Nov-10 Saturday Test & Tune (Weather Permitting) Gates Open 8 am
4-Dec-10 Saturday Test & Tune (Weather Permitting) Gates Open 8 am
11-Dec-10 Saturday Test & Tune (Weather Permitting) Gates Open 8 am

I will be at MIR this Sunday to try to get in some passes. So I plan to do a Saturday at VMP and i will probably be doing MIR on Sundays.

I thought I throw this out there :D

:thumbup:

edog 11-13-2010 08:53 PM

I like hanging out at MIR, but their test and tune is a bit expensive for the session style runs they hold. It takes 4 to 6 hours just to run down the track four times. Most of the time I must leave after two runs. I like getting together, but hell, I can have you all over to my place for free...BYOB I guess...LOL!

I would be interested in trying out the Petersburg track. How do they run their test & tune?

thesnoopster 11-13-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edog (Post 2544230)
I like hanging out at MIR, but their test and tune is a bit expensive for the session style runs they hold. It takes 4 to 6 hours just to run down the track four times. Most of the time I must leave after two runs. I like getting together, but hell, I can have you all over to my place for free...BYOB I guess...LOL!

I would be interested in trying out the Petersburg track. How do they run their test & tune?

:sm0:

The last time I went to VMP for a test and tune...it was a round robin type...they ran them back to back...you can run and come back and go again unless they had to do track prep and stuff. And they ran it all day long ....as for MIR ... I guess they do that pending on how many cars are there and that sessions crap is full of BS but now since the racing season is over ... might not be many cars out there holding things up.

Im gonna go and hopefully they will let us get some more passes in ... but definately Im going to VMP on the 20th :) ...shoot me a call :)

GMRULZ 11-16-2010 07:02 PM

I may make the next to last or last one in my Vette, my Camaro should be running Whipple style this friday in the track rental..:cool:

Smart Line 11-17-2010 06:05 AM

vir sounds good to me!

thesnoopster 11-18-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 2552658)
I may make the next to last or last one in my Vette, my Camaro should be running Whipple style this friday in the track rental..:cool:

Cool I will most likely be there @ VMP on saturday (20th) and then im gonna scroll to MIR (21st) ... just look for the Nakked SIM Camaro :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart Line (Post 2553969)
vir sounds good to me!

Cool hope to see ya there one day :)

thesnoopster 11-19-2010 06:44 PM

:bump: ...anyone up for VMP tomorrow or Budds Creek Sunday??

Smart Line 11-19-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesnoopster (Post 2563149)
:bump: ...anyone up for VMP tomorrow or Budds Creek Sunday??

could not make it to VIR today (work) anyway thinking of heading out saturdaythe 20th? not sure what time to be their. I can leave the house around 10 am puts me their by 11:30.

GMRULZ 11-19-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesnoopster (Post 2544282)
:sm0:

... but definately Im going to VMP on the 20th :) ...shoot me a call :)

I warmed the right lane up for you today snoop.;)

thesnoopster 11-19-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart Line (Post 2563436)
could not make it to VIR today (work) anyway thinking of heading out saturdaythe 20th? not sure what time to be their. I can leave the house around 10 am puts me their by 11:30.

They start at noon so you should be good :thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMRULZ (Post 2563850)
I warmed the right lane up for you today snoop.;)

I saw that "you da man !" :thumbsup:

thesnoopster 11-20-2010 04:37 PM

Me and Smart Line got like 8 passes in , it was round robin test and tune at VMP.... as for the track prep it was ok, could of been a little better ...I was spinning hard on the pirellis ...managed a 1.92 60ft with a 13.0 pass :D .....It was fun! :D

Smart Line 11-20-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesnoopster (Post 2565474)
Me and Smart Line got like 8 passes in , it was round robin test and tune at VMP.... as for the track prep it was ok, could of been a little better ...I was spinning hard on the pirellis ...managed a 1.92 60ft with a 13.0 pass :D .....It was fun! :D

Tires was the talk of the day,thats for sure.

personaly i was impressed with Snoops auto.:w00t:
I NEED A TUNE!...
sure was a blast we could have hot laped noon till 5 pm if we wanted.

thesnoopster 11-20-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart Line (Post 2565645)
Tires was the talk of the day,thats for sure.

personaly i was impressed with Snoops auto.:w00t:
I NEED A TUNE!...
sure was a blast we could have hot laped noon till 5 pm if we wanted.

You started getting faster....LOL...and I was all over the track after the 60ft burnout I did from the starting line lol :sm0:

Smart Line 11-21-2010 07:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here ya go snoop!