Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   GM comes through on perfect game (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87621)

PAUL SS 06-04-2010 01:41 PM

GM comes through on perfect game

GM Gives "Perfect" Pitcher Galarraga New Corvette

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...raga-corvette/

WadeWilson 06-04-2010 01:42 PM

Perfect color too.

peele1 06-04-2010 02:11 PM

Kudos to GM. Class act!

BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy 06-04-2010 02:15 PM

How cool was that? Nice job GM, way to step to the plate.:thumbsup:

Haloman1346 06-05-2010 10:26 AM

Class act by GM? Really.... They gave a millionaire a car...... Where is my car when I gave them money? The American people bailed them out and all I got was a 8% interest rate on my Camaro. Yeah, GM is a class act alright.

PQ 06-05-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haloman1346 (Post 1948818)
Class act by GM? Really.... They gave a millionaire a car...... Where is my car when I gave them money? The American people bailed them out and all I got was a 8% interest rate on my Camaro. Yeah, GM is a class act alright.

Ok, point made. But, little off base. This is as good of advertising as any. They will sell cars from this. They won't sell cars by givin gone to you....... unless you are known and admired by a couple million people....

5thGenOwner 06-05-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1948937)
Ok, point made. But, little off base. This is as good of advertising as any. They will sell cars from this. They won't sell cars by givin gone to you....... unless you are known and admired by a couple million people....

I too, give (some) credit to GM for this! The rest go to the pitcher and umpire.

Even as much of an advertising gimmic as it can appear to be... it was still the right thing to do. Ok... maybe the right thing to do was to let the headline fade away, but...

The whole situation was a good example of how life-happens, and how we should deal with it (i.e. life ain't fair). And through it all, both the umpire and the pitcher were gentlemen about the situation (even with all the media shoving mics in their face).

Good sportsmanship seems to be rare these days... I'm glad GM highlighted this instance!!

PQ 06-05-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 1949034)
I too, give (some) credit to GM for this! The rest go to the pitcher and umpire.

Even as much of an advertising gimmic as it can appear to be... it was still the right thing to do. Ok... maybe the right thing to do was to let the headline fade away, but...

The whole situation was a good example of how life-happens, and how we should deal with it (i.e. life ain't fair). And through it all, both the umpire and the pitcher were gentlemen about the situation (even with all the media shoving mics in their face).

Good sportsmanship seems to be rare these days... I'm glad GM highlighted this instance!!

:word:

2010 SSRS 06-05-2010 12:50 PM

that is awesome

Haloman1346 06-05-2010 03:49 PM

Liffe lesson learned here alright:

Pitcher doesnt explode on the Ump gets a free Vette from GM.

Business Owner losses his business, thus losses his house, car etc. and gets nothing from GM.

Lesson Learned.......

FenwickHockey65 06-05-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haloman1346 (Post 1949716)
Liffe lesson learned here alright:

Pitcher doesnt explode on the Ump gets a free Vette from GM.

Business Owner losses his business, thus losses his house, car etc. and gets nothing from GM.

Lesson Learned.......

Oh give me a break. I lost dental and vision insurance with the GM bankruptcy, my dad and his former coworkers aren't sure what's going on with their pensions right now, and yet I'm not acting all bitter towards the company just because they gave a guy who deserves recognition for an outstanding achievement that was taken away from him a free Corvette.

SleepWarz 06-05-2010 04:45 PM

Bad move imho. Give a wealthy person a car....

Hell...
Give me a car.

Haloman1346 06-05-2010 04:54 PM

I'm not saying that he doesnt deserve any recognition, what I'm saying is that a wealthy person doesnt deserve a 60K car from a company that needed our help last year.

I give back to my community day in and day out, either at my job or on my free time, where is my "recognition"?

Whats next? GM Donates 4 Million dollars to Bill Gates for RECOGNITION with the outstanding job with Windows 7? LOL

hollywoodGU 06-05-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haloman1346 (Post 1948818)

just an FYI, not all pro ball player are millionaires ;)