Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What can I do so high school kids don't key my car or trash it (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312080)

er0senn1n 08-09-2013 01:57 PM

What can I do so high school kids don't key my car or trash it

I'm 17, gonna be a Junior in high school. Gonna be driving to school, there's gonna be some haters obviously, so what can I do to prevent any harm done to my car? Add go pro's?

2012-1822 08-09-2013 02:07 PM

Don't know my man, in 1994 I got a brand new Chevy S Blazer(formerly S-10 Blazer) and I never had any issues with it, except that when it was 14 months old I flipped it and totaled it.

But back then I didn't belong to a clique, just had my one best friend and people I had known since kindergarten, so I didn't have any enemies, hung out with every one, literally, football players, band people, choir people, math people, didn't matter to us. Maybe that's the trick, be real friendly. Oh, and ship off to military school for a while and come back buff so people don't want to mess with you, that probably didn't hurt either.

ECCamaro 08-09-2013 02:08 PM

As you stated, you can add a camera. This would give you some visibility if someone is harming your car. Otherwise, the other things you can do are either not drive it to school, park it out in an area where there are not any other cars (make sure you get the camera, if you do this just in case someone trys to take it); or you can try to be as congenial as possible to everyone and hope that people reciprocate. You cannot stop someone from being hateful or jealous. You can be the best person you know to be and treat everyone with dignity and respect and acceptance.

SabotAndHeat 08-09-2013 02:11 PM

^ Cameras, Cameras, Cameras.

StreetSS 08-09-2013 02:11 PM

Nothing really. If you are that worried, get a low deductible on your insurance policy. Life will eventually take care of those that do it.

ABMLS3 08-09-2013 02:12 PM

I'm going into my senior year and I had it done to me a couple weeks ago for no reason. Make sure you don't mess with anyone's else's car,and try not to start shit with anyone because the first thing they do is gonna be to mess with your car. That's all you really can do. You can't stop people from being jealous of what you have. If you drive to school park where cameras can see your car

Cheveey57 08-09-2013 02:14 PM

Go buy a pitbull and tie it to the bumper. Problem solved

er0senn1n 08-09-2013 02:15 PM

I was thinking either park in the Teacher Parking Lot or Install some high tech alarm system

NorCalStorm 08-09-2013 02:16 PM

give everyone a little chupa chupa...

you can use your imagination of what that means...

batman53201 08-09-2013 02:17 PM

if you go with an alarm system, try to get one that doesnt tie into your existing system. i have had nothing but bad luck a couple years after installing aftermarket alarms, like the car refusing to start

ECCamaro 08-09-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalStorm (Post 6878648)
give everyone a little chupa chupa...

you can use your imagination of what that means...

Chupa means "to lick or suck". What's there to imagine? :rolleyes:

Glen e 08-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by er0senn1n (Post 6878640)
I was thinking either park in the Teacher Parking Lot.....

Getting the car out of the danger zone is the best way to do this..In my town, there are many houses around the local HS that rent out their driveway for situations just like this.

2010 SSRS 08-09-2013 02:20 PM

take the bus and leave the Camaro home if you think your car will be harmed

Synerbee 08-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by er0senn1n (Post 6878566)
I'm 17, gonna be a Junior in high school. Gonna be driving to school, there's gonna be some haters obviously, so what can I do to prevent any harm done to my car? Add go pro's?

Don't be annoying or a d-bag. I don't care how big you think you are nobody like a d-bag. The "macho" roid raging idiots are usually the targets. Also don't use the term hater.