Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2015 CAMARO 1LT RS (ISSUE) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420444)

BALLIBHAI 08-19-2015 10:33 PM

2015 CAMARO 1LT RS (ISSUE)

Hello everyone, my name is Aman. I just recently bought a camaro 1LT and i have no idea as for what features this car suppose to have since the dealer is not telling me everything correctly.

I need your guys help in explaining me in detail as to what my car should have, since this is my first time buying a camaro. I was waiting to buy this car since when i was 18. And now that i can afford one i didn't hesitate to buy it.

SO.... i was told from the dealer that my car is a 1LT model with RS package, performance exhaust, and has a remote starter. I bought this car for around $35,000. it was to expensive for a 1LT model but the dealer said this is what it exactly cost (0_0).

After when i bought the car, i noticed that my car doesn't have a back up camera (I know i should have checked it before), but when i checked the back bumper there was a little camera at the back on the top of the license plate. i called the dealer and they said the back up camera is not included in this car you have to buy it separately, and i was like there is a camera at the back of the bumper and he said it is not "pre-wired" so it doesn't come with the car.. WTF???

After 3 days, i found another problem. On the car price sticker it says this car takes 19 gallon of gas. but when i fill it up. it goes till 14.5 gallon and STOPS and NEVER in my life this car goes over 14.5 gallon. I talked with the dealer and He told me "IT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER"... WTF i have never in my life heard something like that.

Please guys i really need your help to get me out of this situation. :faint:

Homeless Man 08-19-2015 10:37 PM

Troll account/post. Rate 2/10 u made it too obvious.

BALLIBHAI 08-19-2015 10:41 PM

Troll Account?

Snoman 08-19-2015 10:45 PM

:dnftt:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

:rules:

BALLIBHAI 08-19-2015 10:51 PM

Man i just need a simple answer does 2015 1LT with RS package comes with a back up camera because i have one and the dealer said "it is for display"

and can my car take more than 14.5 gallon of gas.?

that is all. and i am not a troll or a fake account. I am actually in this problem and it is very frustrating .

Homeless Man 08-19-2015 10:53 PM

Nah it's too obviously especially when u say u bought a base model for SS price :smiling1:

BALLIBHAI 08-19-2015 11:03 PM

so you mean the dealer ****ed me up with the sticker prices as well. **** man

okay this is what the dealer said. the car is 28,000. so you add the RS package, performance exhaust, and the remote starter. which he quote it up to around $32,000 and then i paid down payment to get it down to 27000.

NOW do you believe me.

Welker2 08-20-2015 12:00 AM

OK, here's the first reason why your creditability is being questioned, quote "I just recently bought a camaro 1LT and i have no idea as for what features this car suppose to have." Most people who are going out to purchase anything costing several thousands of dollars, especially a vehicle, would do a little research first and would have a pretty good idea of what the different options where & what they would cost. At the very least, you should know what you're signing up for before you closed the deal. This, in addition to what other's, like myself, see in your signature and comments, lead some to feel your are a 'troll'. If you are not at Troll, then yes, (IMO) the dealer prayed upon your inexperience with buying a vehicle/dealing with a dealer and took great advantage of you.

lawman007 08-20-2015 05:04 AM

Wait guys, he purchased it in DC. I'd be willing to bet you pay twice as much as anywhere else, say Michigan.

I think the 2015s each had two sub trim levels. 1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. The 2 sub trim levels were the higher end, leather seats standard, etc.

My advice is to go to the Chevy website and try to track down the manufacturing codes on the window sticker, those would be the two letter codes at the bottom I believe. This is also the only way you are going to find out exactly A. what is installed on the vehicle and B. what you paid for. Let's hear what you dig up/find out. If worse comes to worse, you might be able to Google it. Did you Carfax it? Was this new or used, did you order it or drive it off the lot, was it inventory? If you go to the website, it should even tell you what was included in the RS package. I ordered mine with the RS package in 2011, they do change slightly as improvements are made. For mine it was mostly the headlights and brakelights, rain gutters which were the same color as the paint, and the 20" wheels with P-Zeros, steering wheel and shifter were leather wrapped. I think that was about it, if I forgot anything let me know.

PalmerGA 08-20-2015 05:06 AM

I am constantly amazed at what people will buy without doing their research before-hand. When I traded my '12 1LT for my '13 1SS, I knew more about both cars than the salesman did - much more. We talked for a long time about the specifics and differences and he later thanked me for schooling him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 8595658)
You can PM Matthew9440 your VIN and see all the options your Camaro was built with.
Anybody need a build sheet?

Yes. Do this and you will know all of the features of you particular car. Matthew is providing a great service to C5 members... no charge.

NYCamOwner 08-20-2015 05:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BALLIBHAI (Post 8595503)
Hello everyone, my name is Aman. I just recently bought a camaro 1LT and i have no idea as for what features this car suppose to have since the dealer is not telling me everything correctly.

I need your guys help in explaining me in detail as to what my car should have, since this is my first time buying a camaro. I was waiting to buy this car since when i was 18. And now that i can afford one i didn't hesitate to buy it.

SO.... i was told from the dealer that my car is a 1LT model with RS package, performance exhaust, and has a remote starter. I bought this car for around $35,000. it was to expensive for a 1LT model but the dealer said this is what it exactly cost (0_0).

After when i bought the car, i noticed that my car doesn't have a back up camera (I know i should have checked it before), but when i checked the back bumper there was a little camera at the back on the top of the license plate. i called the dealer and they said the back up camera is not included in this car you have to buy it separately, and i was like there is a camera at the back of the bumper and he said it is not "pre-wired" so it doesn't come with the car.. WTF???

After 3 days, i found another problem. On the car price sticker it says this car takes 19 gallon of gas. but when i fill it up. it goes till 14.5 gallon and STOPS and NEVER in my life this car goes over 14.5 gallon. I talked with the dealer and He told me "IT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER"... WTF i have never in my life heard something like that.

Please guys i really need your help to get me out of this situation. :faint:

I'm not sure what "situation" you want to get out of, but I kinda think you are stuck with what you have. You can look at the owners manual to see how big the gas tank is, it is towards the end of the book.
As far as the backup camera, it would have either needed to be a 2LT, or the 1LT with the "Rear Vision Package".

The $35,000 you paid, was that including taxes and everything, or was that before taxes, etc? Here is a build off the Chevrolet sight for what I think you have.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/data:i...AASUVORK5CYII=

I hope this helps.

NYCamOwner 08-20-2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 8595700)
I am constantly amazed at what people will buy without doing their research before-hand. When I traded my '12 1LT for my '13 1SS, I knew more about both cars than the salesman did - much more. We talked for a long time about the specifics and differences and he later thanked me for schooling him.

I was the same way when I bought my Camaro.. The salesman had started only a few months before I bought it, and when I arrived I knew what vehicle I wanted, and what price I should pay and what I "wanted" to pay. Like you said, I basically told the salesman everything about the vehicle and about all the differences in the models, etc. Features, everything about the vehicle. The salesman was so impressed and appreciative that he talked to his Sales Manager and they gave me a years worth of detailing, waxing, etc for free.. (up to 12). I don't use them as I don't trust the kids that they have doing them, but it was a nice gesture.

People have to remember that they are there to take as much of your money as possible, and to keep as much as they can for the dealership. They are not your friends, and don't really care about your long term financial situation. I even think that 1 or 2 salesman have even "stretched the truth?" before? :rolleyes: