Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can you buy stripes after the car is delivered and have the dealer install them? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16994)

Ant 03-29-2009 12:13 AM

Can you buy stripes after the car is delivered and have the dealer install them?

Let's say I got a color that I wasn't sure about having stripes on...but then I got the car and decided I wanted to get stripes on it. Would I still be able to buy them from the dealer and have them installed after the car is delivered, or do you HAVE to order them with the car?

cyberbro 03-29-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 369780)
Let's say I got a color that I wasn't sure about having stripes on...but then I got the car and decided I wanted to get stripes on it. Would I still be able to buy them from the dealer and have them installed after the car is delivered, or do you HAVE to order them with the car?

Forget the dealer, go to an auto body shop and have them painted on

Mr_Draco 03-29-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 369796)
Forget the dealer, go to an auto body shop and have them painted on

If you can afford the cost, this is the way to go but be prepared to spend upwards of $2-$3k.

If you can't afford to have them painted, you should be able to buy them from the dealers parts counter but I would take them to an auto body shop and not have them dealer installed.

Inspector 17 03-29-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 369780)

Ant, all the stripes are available to order and have installed at your dealer. Or as Draco said, you can buy them at your dealer and have them installed somewhere else.

CamaroScotty 03-29-2009 08:13 AM

and then again, some places offer a Forum Discount.....so I'm told!

Ant 03-29-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 369982)
Ant, all the stripes are available to order and have installed at your dealer. Or as Draco said, you can buy them at your dealer and have them installed somewhere else.

So I can buy them at my dealer AFTER the car is delivered, and I don't have to order them with my car?

Inspector 17 03-29-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 370035)
So I can buy them at my dealer AFTER the car is delivered, and I don't have to order them with my car?

That is exactly correct.

Ant 03-29-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 370037)
That is exactly correct.

Ok, thanks. I'm going to cancel my stripes then, for now at least. I need to see my car before I can decide which color stripes I want, if any at all lol.

Inspector 17 03-29-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 370059)
Ok, thanks. I'm going to cancel my stripes then, for now at least. I need to see my car before I can decide which color stripes I want, if any at all lol.

Not sure if dealers will have any in stock, but if you find one that does you might be able to lay them across the hood and get some idea of what they look like installed.

RallyFever 03-29-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 369986)
and then again, some places offer a Forum Discount.....so I'm told!

Scott,

What is the discount?
My dealer's prices are already lower than what is being advertised on your website - why is that? Does each dealer customize pricing on that "boilerplate" webpage?

Eddy9 03-29-2009 03:03 PM

Yeah, I would definitely wait on having the strips put on in the factory. I also agree and would have them put on at a top body shop in your city!!

3 SS's 03-29-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 370035)

Actually...most are only available as a dealer install anyway:(

boatingbent 03-29-2009 03:16 PM

I am getting mine with the Rally Stripes and then I am thinking of Adding the Hockey Stick after

Rodrunner 03-29-2009 07:45 PM

Ant, whenever you decide to go with stripes, you can order them at your dealership through the parts department, but you'll have to order the GMPP part number.