Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Window index problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20312)

camaroqueen 04-28-2009 09:24 AM

Window index problem

:wave:Hello everybody! Just wanted to do an update that was told to me last Friday. Please don't beat me up if this has already been posted. I've been thumbing thru the post and have not seen this. :paddle:

First of all I am a proud GM worker. My plant manager got wind that I had ordered the Camaro and wanted to know when I would be getting it. Well he was told the story, of course, and he did some checking along with some other gentlemen. They called me up late Friday afternoon and told me that the cars are on hold because of the window indexing. There is apparently some problem with it and they have to reprogram it. I hope that if anyone has heard of this problem they can concur or maybe one of the experts here can do some more checking :iono:.

After all this talk then they say it will be on its way this week. I will NOT hold my breath! :help:

MerlinZero 04-28-2009 09:27 AM

dod ^^^ not constructive.

Well you ARE VIN# 1008 the first 2000 or so had bad BCU programming and had to have it redone.

Yeah its up here, and a very sore topic. But thanks for sharing :) nice to know we have more insiders comming onto the boards.

Scott@Bjorn3D 04-28-2009 09:28 AM

My car was built on March 17th and just got finally shipped yesterday out of Pontiac Michigan do the window indexing issue.

VIN 230

Primus 04-28-2009 09:30 AM

This has been talked about a bit. Flashing the BCM seems to be the fix.

camaroqueen 04-28-2009 09:33 AM

:facepalm:Well thank you all for the feedback! Maybe I missed it because I was looking for window index instead of BCU Programming?:facepalm:

Chevyrocker 04-28-2009 09:37 AM

Welcome to the site. Don't mind the constant flaming here, it's really just some of the newer members that get frustrated so easily. Feel free to ask anything you want, most of us are helpful.

camaroqueen 04-28-2009 09:45 AM

Thanx Chevyrocker!

dodson914 04-28-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinZero (Post 439655)
dod ^^^ not constructive.

Well you ARE VIN# 1008 the first 2000 or so had bad BCU programming and had to have it redone.

Yeah its up here, and a very sore topic. But thanks for sharing :) nice to know we have more insiders comming onto the boards.

Yeah, I was actually looking for the link. A customer came in to my shop before I found it. That repost smiley doesn't come across well. I apologize, wasn't trying to be rude or "not contructive". LOL

Post deleted.

levi1922 04-28-2009 10:04 AM

so, what was wrong with it?
would the window just not move?

Supermans 04-28-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 439770)
so, what was wrong with it?
would the window just not move?

Perhaps when you try and roll two windows up at the same time, the car thinks it is a Prius and shoots to 80 mph uncontrollably and cannot be stopped by brakes.. GM is avoiding blaming the consumer for mistaking the foot pedal as a brake and is fixing this problem. Good for them..

MerlinZero 04-28-2009 10:17 AM

the indexing issue is that it just plain doesnt work.

the dealer car at Friendly still currently has the problem.

Indexing of the windows is a method, like in a mustang, or a G6 GXP for us GM folks... When you open the door the window drops just about an inch... and when you close the door the window doesnt go UP until the door is closed. Its to help keep a good seal and for air pressure.

WHen the indexing isnt working, the window just doesnt move when the door opens or closes. The windows still function normally, they just dont "index"

kdbolt70 04-28-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 439784)
Perhaps when you try and roll two windows up at the same time, the car thinks it is a Prius and shoots to 80 mph uncontrollably and cannot be stopped by brakes.. GM is avoiding blaming the consumer for mistaking the foot pedal as a brake and is fixing this problem. Good for them..

Your post made me lol.

soverydeb 04-28-2009 10:41 AM

I used to have an Audi TT with the very same indexing problem...I'd be sitting there, at a stop or wherever, and the window would just go down all by itself. Or, I'd go out in the morning to get in it, and the window would be rolled down halfway. Very strange. I no longer have that car.

levi1922 04-28-2009 11:05 AM

wait, if the window doesnt drop...does the door still open...?