Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2010 Camaro Coupe Insurance Rates (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6852)

GM4LIFE 09-16-2008 11:42 PM

2010 Camaro Coupe Insurance Rates

Well I just had an accident that was a "both at fault" accident if that makes any sense so my record is kinda tainted a bit. I dont have any other violations or what not. As some of you may remember I am going to be trading off my 2008 G5 GT for my Camaro. I can afford an SS, but if insurance rates are going to be high prob going have to jus stick with a V6.

Anyone have any clue as to how much insurance is going to be? or when it will be released? I pay $450 every six months for full coverage with my G5 I have state farm as a provider. According to state farm my car is the highest for pontiac. what is amazing is how low the solstice is. Look for yourself.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...ng/pontiac.asp

Appreciate the Help!!! thanks!

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-16-2008 11:45 PM

If you're 25 or older probably somewhere around 625-700

GM4LIFE 09-16-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131687)
If you're 25 or older probably somewhere around 625-700

yeah, im 20 but im under my parents family plan. if i wasnt my insurance would be EXPENSIVE!

13F20 09-17-2008 12:07 AM

Not for the Camaro SS. But I did go threw Gecko and said I wanted to do full coverage on a 2008 Corvette and I have a couple of crashes. The quote was $96.00 per mo.

Just testing the waters. By the way I am 29yrs old.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13F20 (Post 131700)
Not for the Camaro SS. But I did go threw Gecko and said I wanted to do full coverage on a 2008 Corvette and I have a couple of crashes. The quote was $96.00 per mo.

Thats a good price. But seeing how our friend here is only 20 they're gonna sky-rocket his incsurance on a sports car like a CaMaRo ya kno...

headpunter 09-17-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131707)
Thats a good price. But seeing how our friend here is only 20 they're gonna sky-rocket his incsurance on a sports car like a CaMaRo ya kno...

not really in my experience. its an entry level coupe. they are going to be looking more at how much parts are gonna cost on the car. insurance companies have shed alot of liability due to anti racing clauses. i drive what was an almost $30,000 truck, and i only pay about $100/month with $500k in coverage with state farm. that is after i was in an accident that did $12k in damage to the truck. and i still only pay 100/month. gotta love state farm since im only 21

fbird777 09-17-2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Thats a good quote, I got quoted $95 a month for full coverage on a 2006 Corvette, the two tickets I have have been off my record for 3 years. I am also only 22 years old.

JaysonAych 09-17-2008 01:20 AM

I'm stunned by the rates on the Corvettes mentioned here. I've got a nearly 7 year old Stratus...I've made three claims in almost 15 years of driving, 1 of them being a vandalism claim and only 1 of them being above $500, and the last one 4 years ago, and I've never had a ticket, and I'm paying about $600/every 6 months.

I do live in the city, and I'm through USAA which provides excellent service, but man...paying about as much for my insurance on a V-6 grocery getter as a younger Corvette driver?

fbird777 09-17-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 131740)
I'm stunned by the rates on the Corvettes mentioned here. I've got a nearly 7 year old Stratus...I've made three claims in almost 15 years of driving, 1 of them being a vandalism claim and only 1 of them being above $500, and the last one 4 years ago, and I've never had a ticket, and I'm paying about $600/every 6 months.

I do live in the city, and I'm through USAA which provides excellent service, but man...paying about as much for my insurance on a V-6 grocery getter as a younger Corvette driver?

I live in small city and I am with Nationwide.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 131712)
not really in my experience. its an entry level coupe. they are going to be looking more at how much parts are gonna cost on the car. insurance companies have shed alot of liability due to anti racing clauses. i drive what was an almost $30,000 truck, and i only pay about $100/month with $500k in coverage with state farm. that is after i was in an accident that did $12k in damage to the truck. and i still only pay 100/month. gotta love state farm since im only 21

Well maybe it's just my state Idk...

srtclg1007 09-17-2008 08:26 AM

If you're married put your wife on the Camaro and it'll be cheaper.

SS4EVER 09-17-2008 09:02 AM

Yeah, there's soo many factors that decide your insurance rates, it's really hard and I'd add maybe misleading to ask what other people are paying or think they will pay.

1.) Which insurance company
2) Your location
3) Your Age
4) Your driving record
5) how much you are willing to pay for your deductable

and other reasons too...

I know I'm planning on getting the V6 so I'm not really too worried.

Raven 09-17-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 131740)

Wow, really? I always thought that USAA was unbeatable when it comes to rates. Our numbers are skewed so I can't really give you a comparison since we have too many cars. I do have our 99 Vette on a policy by itself with Nationwide, liability with UIM and something else with pretty high limits and it's $45 a month. That's for 2 drivers, married and nothing on our records (that I know of). Make sure that State Farm will even cover a Camaro as a sole vehicle. Some companies won't do it. I was shopping rates a few years ago when I bought my house and I was going to go through AllState since it was soooo much cheaper on my homeowners, but they wouldn't do my auto since all I had at the time was my '01 Z28. Needless to say, they won't ever get my business. If you have more than one policy with them (homeowners, renters, etc.) you should get a discount for that as well. As stated before, there are many factors that come into play when determining your rates.

If I were you, I'd call your agent and just talk to them about it. They will want to know the approximate cost of the car to be able to give you a ballpark idea of what it will do to your rate. If they are a good agent and have been in the business a while, they should be able to do that for you without having to rely on their software to tell them what the rate will be.

The_Stache 09-17-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 131815)
Wow, really? I always thought that USAA was unbeatable when it comes to rates. Our numbers are skewed so I can't really give you a comparison since we have too many cars. I do have our 99 Vette on a policy by itself with Nationwide, liability with UIM and something else with pretty high limits and it's $45 a month. That's for 2 drivers, married and nothing on our records (that I know of). Make sure that State Farm will even cover a Camaro as a sole vehicle. Some companies won't do it. I was shopping rates a few years ago when I bought my house and I was going to go through AllState since it was soooo much cheaper on my homeowners, but they wouldn't do my auto since all I had at the time was my '01 Z28. Needless to say, they won't ever get my business. If you have more than one policy with them (homeowners, renters, etc.) you should get a discount for that as well. As stated before, there are many factors that come into play when determining your rates.

If I were you, I'd call your agent and just talk to them about it. They will want to know the approximate cost of the car to be able to give you a ballpark idea of what it will do to your rate. If they are a good agent and have been in the business a while, they should be able to do that for you without having to rely on their software to tell them what the rate will be.

:word:

100% correct only your dealer can give you an accurate estimate for you individual situation.

On my end though, I currently pay 120/month (720/6month) for my 2004 dodge ram (full coverage replacement, $500 deductible) AND my wifes 2005 toyota tacoma (full coverage replacement, $250 deductible). For me the low price comes from many things most notably the discounts. both me and wife over 25, never been in accidents, last speeding ticket was in 2000(me), multiple car discount, multiple policy discount (same company does our house insurance). It would probably drop to 100/month if we went with 500 deductible for the wifes taco but its actually appriciating in value currently due to being a small truck with almost no miles on it (18k miles).

linkwpc 09-17-2008 12:39 PM

I'm hoping its not as much as the corvette... Thats why I can not buy a corvette. They want to charge me $750 a month!

lalometalik 09-17-2008 01:02 PM

i called AAA to get a rough idea on what i might be paying once i get the camaro. so i used a 2008 Ford Mustang GT as an example; since the person on the phone had to go off their 'computer' to get quotes, and undoubtedly, the Camaro wasnt in their system yet.
im 22, good driving record, single. to make a long story short, i would end up paying around $300/month for 9 months, if i went with a $2000 deductible(their max).

From what im reading on this thread, my quote sounds a little TOO high. i will have to call them back with a car that better resembles the Camaro.

any ideas on what car i should choose to call them back with????:iono:

Mr. Wyndham 09-17-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131898)
I'm hoping its not as much as the corvette... Thats why I can not buy a corvette. They want to charge me $750 a month!

A--- MONTH!?!?!:help:

do you have billion accidents on your record, or something?

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 01:15 PM

or how old are you linkwpc? if your like young i could see it being like that. still less though like 600 max.

13F20 09-17-2008 01:31 PM

ouch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131707)

Ow damn. Depending what state he gets insurance in they will rape his pockets.

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 01:33 PM

just about all states do it. some a little worse than others but its bad everywhere.

13F20 09-17-2008 01:43 PM

WTF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131898)

Holly f**k stick chief. What are you the re-incarnation of evil Caneyville and Ricky Bobby playing bumper cars and running like bats out of hell on public streets. Shit.

Dude the only thing you should drive is a tri cycle and let the rest of us know when you are coming so we can get the hell out of the way.

linkwpc 09-17-2008 02:23 PM

I'm 27 and had one accident... yeah $700 a month.... I really do not know why. but that was I got when I looked it up.... Maybe its the area, los angeles rates suck!

lalometalik 09-17-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131966)
I'm 27 and had one accident... yeah $700 a month.... I really do not know why. but that was I got when I looked it up.... Maybe its the area, los angeles rates suck!

damn these bad neighborhoods! :mad0260:

rlg3 09-17-2008 02:59 PM

I am insured with Country Companies, which is mainly Midwest based,and my agent says that their rates are low because the don't insure in the gulf states or California most in just in the midwest. So huge events like hurricanes and earth quakes and the cost that goes with them does not have to be passed on to their customers.

The one bit of advice I would give is to have multi-policies and lines with an insurance company is a sure way to get big discounts, I have cars, house and life with the same company and I get huge discounts for having multi-policies and lines. All the major players do that a great way to get discounts

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalometalik (Post 131913)
i called AAA to get a rough idea on what i might be paying once i get the camaro. so i used a 2008 Ford Mustang GT as an example; since the person on the phone had to go off their 'computer' to get quotes, and undoubtedly, the Camaro wasnt in their system yet.
im 22, good driving record, single. to make a long story short, i would end up paying around $300/month for 9 months, if i went with a $2000 deductible(their max).

From what im reading on this thread, my quote sounds a little TOO high. i will have to call them back with a car that better resembles the Camaro.

Uh maybe try Challenger:yikes::yikes::yikes:

lalometalik 09-17-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 132094)
Uh maybe try Challenger:yikes::yikes::yikes:

hahaha yeah...
Seeing the specs and price on the Challenger in comparison with the Camaro, wont this estimate overshoot what the Camaros insurance $$ may be???

69 Hugger 09-17-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4EVER (Post 131808)
Yeah, there's soo many factors that decide your insurance rates, it's really hard and I'd add maybe misleading to ask what other people are paying or think they will pay.

1.) Which insurance company
2) Your location
3) Your Age
4) Your driving record
5) how much you are willing to pay for your deductable

and other reasons too...

I know I'm planning on getting the V6 so I'm not really too worried.

The v6 is 11-1 comp ratio I think ? kinda high for a huffer ? maybe, I'd hate for ya to hurt it, but were all gearheads right thats a good way to get around that insurance thing. be nice to be able to check a box,huffer please

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 05:59 PM

what did you just say^^ that completely confused me. sorry. can you dumb it down for me

69 Hugger 09-17-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 (Post 132156)
what did you just say^^ that completely confused me. sorry. can you dumb it down for me

ss4ever said he would put a procharger on his v6, a procharger is a supercharger/huffer Normally they are for low compression motors, I read the v6 is 11 to 1 compression maybe it was a miss print. I will double check on the v6 and procharger, theres a heading on the main page " high compression + boost chck that ot, there touching on it, sorry for the confusion goodluck.

kmdrum79 09-17-2008 06:53 PM

Try living in the Dallas, Texas area. My wife and I pay $1440 every 6 months with Progressive for my 2006 G6 GTP and her 2005 Trailblazer LT. I'm 29 & she's 25 and we have flawless driving records. Funny thing is that it actually came down we we moved to the suburb we now live in.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 09-17-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131966)

Dude, there is no way you are paying that much MONTHLY in insurance unless you've been in some DWIs where you ran over a dog one time. And by a dog I mean the mayor's son. And by one time I mean repeatedly.

Anyway, does anyone else have American Family Insurance? They recently raised my rates because I had an accident a couple of years ago (which was in a different car I might add - AND I took an online defensive driving course).

Oracle 09-18-2008 11:29 AM

wow i want to know how you guys get such outstanding rates. im 20, single, male, driving a 2003 ford focus SE and the lowest ive gotten my quotes so far is down to 250/mo for basic coverage. spotless driving record and all. some people here can get a corvette insured for less than half the price i can insure a 5 year old focus... heaven forbid i get something with a 5 cyl. engine.

ucla1ove3 09-18-2008 11:49 AM

Oracle.... your age. until to are 25 your rates will suck... period

The_Stache 09-18-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oracle (Post 132564)
wow i want to know how you guys get such outstanding rates. im 20, single, male, driving a 2003 ford focus SE and the lowest ive gotten my quotes so far is down to 250/mo for basic coverage. spotless driving record and all. some people here can get a corvette insured for less than half the price i can insure a 5 year old focus... heaven forbid i get something with a 5 cyl. engine.

Like UCLA said... Your basically the worst case they want to insure.. the only thing you have going for you at the moment is the clean record.. your only options to make it better are to

A) get another car (multiple car discount)
b) get a house (multi policy discount)
c) get married
d) wait it out until your 25...

MajorTom 09-18-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

I dunno if anyone mentioned it already, but the Corvette is considered a luxury car so insurance rates are lower than with a sports car.

But according to that list, my GTO would have a lower insurance rate than the OPs G5.

It looks like safety features (which the Camaro has more of than the GTO) and likelyhood of bodily injury to passengers as well as the cost of repairs (the gtos was pretty high) have a big influence.

If the cars are in the same class, the Camaro should be cheaper than the GTO. And the insurance on the GTO is cheaper than my buddy's Mazda3 so if that's any indication...

blackZbandit 09-18-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalometalik (Post 131913)

I'm a claims adjuster for AAA, and I can tell you that your age combined with the kind of vehicle you asked for a quote on is what led to the high price. 300.00 a month still sounds a little steep, but you may want to try to get coverage under your parents' policy. In any case, $ for $ I've got to say AAA is one of the best companies you can go with overall; we LOOK for ways to waive your deductible and my pay increases/bonuses/promotions are based 60% on customer service surveys so we HAVE to get the job done and keep you informed every step of the way. USAA is good too, problem is they'll boost your rates for every claim, whether it's your fault or not or it's just a comprehensive (like vandalism)... we won't. I'm no AAA cheerleader because i absolutley HATE my job, but I work with almost every other insurance company every day and I can honestly say we really do all we can to be fair and take care of you. With all that said, the rates generally aren't that bad... you're just young as hell trying to get a HiPo car = HIGH RISK = HIGH PREMIUMS!

And what part of Carson are you in? I live in Santa Clarita now but I stayed in Carson for a while; that city's like a second home to me... I still drive all the way down there every 2 weeks to get my hair cut!

And ucla1ove3... GO BRUINS!! (I'm a baby bear alumni)

lalometalik 09-18-2008 03:26 PM

blackZbandit:
Thanks. You have reassured, my already planted faith, in AAA. I've been with them a little over 2 yrs now and its been good.

Cool! I stay right by Carson High. been there 4 1/2 yrs.

ucla1ove3 09-18-2008 06:23 PM

bruins rock!! i know i know thread jacked lol. but still my favorite team and College. i might have to go as BlackZBandit for a little refferal :) :wave:

EllwynX 09-18-2008 07:30 PM

34 years old. Pay approx. $850 a year for my Aveo. Paid approx. $1050 a year when I was 27 years old for my '02 V6 Camaro.

I'm expecting a 2010 Camaro SS to come in under $1400 a year.

Cessna510 09-20-2008 12:56 AM

Full coverage on an 03 Z06 was going to run me $800 every 6 months...I'm 23 with a clean driving record. My 04 tahoe runs me $600 every 6 months.