Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tire wear question and next set suggestions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512903)

Bretts 11-09-2017 10:08 AM

Tire wear question and next set suggestions

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 905966

Attachment 905967

Attachment 905968Hey guys just wondering if this is normal type of wear for aggressive Street setup? When we did the alignment awesome guys system crashed before the print out the sheet for me but we went with about a -2.1 camber on the front 0toe and I can't remember how much negative on the rear not really concerned about the rear tires most of that from stormy burn outs near the end but the front innerwear has steps and I was wondering if that's maybe a result of negative toe not an expert on this stuff just want to throw some new tires on there and it handled great did 4 autocross events and about 10,000 km of Highway type driving also like to drag race locally a few times a year probably try a different set any suggestions welcome!

hrpiii 11-10-2017 08:16 AM

Yep, I had a set wear the inner tire off and the alignment was a little off. I would say it looks the same for you, not a lot but noticeable. the tires look like they provided many fun miles, throw a new set on and keep going (after the alignment).

frankwjr 11-10-2017 09:13 AM

search the forums...somebody has track alignment spec's...JDP maybe?

Bretts 11-13-2017 09:05 PM

thanks guys weird didn't get an alert to the reply's was thinking the site was a ghost town lol

Bretts 11-13-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 9970613)
search the forums...somebody has track alignment spec's...JDP maybe?

actually Jordan@ JDP gave me this alignment my guess is something changed up front or i was running to soft
My Michelin pilot 4 set are a week out guess shes got to go on the rack for a check on the alignment

urnmywy 05-28-2018 01:13 PM

here's what just happened to me....at 10K miles, and I can see negative camber in rear, was it set that way from factory?/Users/juliegraham/Desktop/IMG_8879.jpg

JT Camaro 06-18-2018 08:38 PM

looks like not enough track miles for the amount of camber ran

TWOFORTYZ 06-18-2018 10:04 PM

You NEED to have the front toed in. That is 100% the cause of your wear pattern. That little of camber will not cause improper wear. People like to blame camber, but toe is much more damaging to the tire. At speed 0 toe becomes toed out and drags the inside of the tire, also adds nothing for performance. Toe it in to 1/32-1/16" and see how much better it drives.

Also, I can see based on your wear pattern/scrubbing that you need more negative camber for maximum contact patch when cornering hard. I believe I am running about 2.5* negative camber up front for commuting and have zero issues with uneven tire wear.