Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New Hampshire: Where to Purchase (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33654)

tclancy 07-22-2009 09:10 AM

New Hampshire: Where to Purchase

Hi, I'm about ready to take the plunge on an SS and had a couple of questions:
  1. What options should I make sure to get?
  2. Does it make a difference what dealer I order from in terms of delivery speed/ ability to get a car?
I'm in Dover, NH if it matters, we go down to RI pretty often to see my dad, so I could pick one up in either place. Thanks!

Verio 07-22-2009 09:23 AM

I'd definitely check out Mac Mulkin over here in Nashua, NH. They seem to have a good reputation on here, and even though I ordered through another dealer, he had no problem checking my order status for me. To me, that shows extreme Customer Service.

What sort of options do you want? What is your price range? I figured if I'm going to drop 30k+ on a vehicle, I better make sure I'm happy, so I got mine fully loaded.

1998 Brickyard 07-22-2009 10:04 AM

STAY AWAY FROM DOVER AUTO WORLD!!!!!

I purchased a new Honda from them a while ago and so far so good.
Chevy side of the dealership--most have been JERKS. I pulled up with my new Camaro with paper plates still on it and they were trying to get me to buy their 1LT for $35,272! Check my post @ Price Gouging Dealers #840 They called me a liar :paddle:when I told them I paid sticker at Banks in Concord.
I pre-ordered from Banks and they have always treated me right. I was on their waiting list in March of 2008.

tclancy 07-22-2009 04:40 PM

What sort of options do you want? What is your price range?

I'm too old to make it very noisy, but I was looking at the different exhaust options on the 2SS. Price in the $33-36k range, ideally.

Nukem287 07-29-2009 06:35 AM

I agree with the other posters here.....I currently live and Dover and went to Dover Auto World and got the worst service I have ever experienced at a dealership. I am only 22 so they did not take me seriously at all, they thought I was some punk kid who just wanted to look at it.....Therefore I went to MacMulkin Chevy in Nashua and they had great service. Not only did they take my GM recent grad discount but they had the allocations to put it in the week after I ordered it. All around great service. Very nice and no pressure.

tclancy 07-29-2009 07:14 AM

Thanks. I wound up at Portsmouth Chevrolet yesterday-- they had an allocation at 3000 that I was able to change into what I want. Hoping to hear good news today.

What day did you go to Dover Auto World-- I saw a younger guy there when I got back from my test drive.

Nukem287 07-29-2009 07:41 AM

I went a awhile ago in early June to look at a victory red one that they had in stock. However if you went recently you could have seen my friend...he was there on a saturday like a week or 2 ago. He got the same response that I got...

tclancy 07-29-2009 08:06 AM

Yeah, that must be him-- he said he had a friend who already had a Camaro.

Nukem287 07-29-2009 08:08 AM

Haha....yeah that must have been Mike. Small world. Don't have it yet though, being built next week.

camarrocrazy3 08-08-2009 07:16 PM

I got mine at portsmouth chevy talk with don bullard hes a great guy he took real good care of me i have no complaints with the dealership at all

tclancy 08-09-2009 09:11 AM

That's who I'm working with as well.

doggggygirl 08-09-2009 07:27 PM

i ordered mine from don in may and i have a tpw on 8/10 - tomorrow!!! he has been great

600hp-lpe 08-16-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarrocrazy3 (Post 776654)
I got mine at portsmouth chevy talk with don bullard hes a great guy he took real good care of me i have no complaints with the dealership at all

I bought mine at Portsmouth Chevrolet from Don Bullard. I have nothing but good things to say about this dealership. I stop in from time to time to say hi to the Boys. :wave:

Tell him you know me (Dan Howard). They will give you MSRP on a Camaro. They aren't discounting them yet - Anything else they will give you a really good discount.

Don already has me at the top of the list if GM makes a Z/28!

600hp-lpe 08-16-2009 10:21 AM

looks like Dover NH (I live her as well) is going to have a bunch of Camaro's running around town! what color did you guys order?