Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Da Hose 01-05-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2698695)
:confused0068:

if you had ever seen any old pics of Randy... you'd be shocked.....

:laugh:

You mean they look eerily similar??:laugh:

WadeWilson 01-05-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2698695)
:confused0068:

if you had ever seen any old pics of Randy... you'd be shocked.....

:laugh: :popcorn:

GTAHVIT 01-05-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2696427)
That is cool. Look whose hands were the dirtiest. Now we know who REALLY did the muffler swap. Just 'cause she fits under the car better than you doesn't mean she had to do it all herself...:)

Also, he was eyeballing that exhaust more than Dad. How LOUD is it? :D

Hey she wanted to help... who was I to stop her... I let her have a couple drinks from her sippy cup when she looked tired....

;)

Haven't been able to shoot a vid.... shooting for tomorrow.
:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2696437)
I think the titanium tunnel brace is worth at least another 10 rwhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2698026)

I was told 12, but you might be right. I think they were exaggerating a wee bit.:D

Well with all the timing retard I was getting from my exhaust bumping on my tunnel brace...

My $4.00 washers got me like 40 RWHP.. beat that..

Darth_Emma 01-05-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2698710)

Well with all the timing retard I was getting from my exhaust bumping on my tunnel brace...

My $4.00 washers got me like 40 RWHP.. beat that..

Where can I get me some of those $4 washers? I didn't realize they were good for 40 rwhp. ;)

radz28 01-05-2011 10:36 AM

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!! :D

zebra 01-05-2011 05:49 PM

^^ this!! :paddle:

SSE 4 2SS 01-05-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Emma (Post 2698730)
Where can I get me some of those $4 washers? I didn't realize they were good for 40 rwhp. ;)

I got some, but mine were only good fr ten HP at the time... and they are available at the Home Je Pot' or at the Leeoowwwss.... Horsepower, I mean hardware aisle...

GTAHVIT 01-10-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2675163)
Ok Set to take 22 in for some warranty work...

I'm headed to the same dealer Speedster bought his camaro from....

I've told them the whole deal on my car, and they seem to be cool with doing non powertrain warranty repairs..

I have a lug nut that's probably cross threaded and I need a new PDIM...

so we'll see if they give me the runaround when I get there.

Hoping for the best.

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2675617)
Tell us how it goes. They were really great to work with up front. Let's see how they do on the service side. :)

Well so far I'm unimpressed...

The service manager is not up to speed on the more "technical" stuff...

The technician basically is giving me the "not compatible with 4th generation apple products...."

so I explained the the service manager that Tis2web shows the part numbers and so on...

Not sure he followed so I gave him all the part and version numbers over the phone....

He said he'd have the tech check em out... so we'll see.

PQ 01-10-2011 04:03 PM

I've noticed that GM dealers are very inconsistant as far as how they process info and their knowlege of their own stuff.

Lexus is the best I've EVER dealt with. They are all on the same page and their system is all integrated with one onother. You go to one dealer, and they have ALL the history and info on you car in EVERY dealer. Plus they are all the same knowlegewise.

IMO, Chevy needs to work on this big time.

Darth_Emma 01-10-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2716172)

The technician basically is giving me the "not compatible with 4th generation apple products...."

so I explained the the service manager that Tis2web shows the part numbers and so on...

Not sure he followed so I gave him all the part and version numbers over the phone....

GTA:
I have a 3rd gen ipod with video (aka "ipod classic" type) which is supposed to be the most compatible with the PDIM and I had problems with it (the system would sporadically not detect my ipod was connected). I had to have a new PDIM installed about 6 weeks after I bought my car which resolved the problem. It has been a pretty common issue. Good luck.

speedster 01-10-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2716172)

Bummer. I hope they figure it out. I know they are not Apple weenies, but they should have real time GM service information for "advanced" electronics.

Mr. Wyndham 01-10-2011 09:46 PM

You have to feel for these guys a little, bit....it's only been two years and they keep getting these new-age updates and upgrades and 'just in case' TSBs.....It's hard to keep track of it all like it used to be. (And that's not to mention most of them are on the older side....)

TAG UR IT 01-11-2011 12:30 AM

Chris, did you get the part number that Cheryl said is now being used? I got my dealer to order it for me. I now have the new part number and my software is DB DB. It has worked perfectly each time I've turned on teh car...and holy crap does it NOT lose it's place! It picks up right where it left off. I LOVE IT. Give them that part number. If they refuse to order it, tell them the issue is not resolved and the problem persists. Show them. There is absolutely NO reason why we should have to suffer with crappy parts and problems when they are legit fixes that have been shown. Just because there is no TSB or whatever doesn't mean they can leave it.

That ticked me off with one of the guys at my dealer, but they did it! It's fixed!

Mr Twisty 01-11-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 2717785)
That ticked me off with one of the guys at my dealer, but they did it! It's fixed!

But, did you have a glock on your hip when you let them know you were upset? :yikes:
:sm0: