Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Potential scam (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558103)

Xmetal 07-11-2019 08:38 AM

Potential scam

I put up a post looking for a set of LFX heads and get a private message from a person going by Sanders.1. They have no posts at all and want to only communicate by text. Supposed to be out of California and when I look up the phone its coming up as Nevada, which is fine because people move and tend to keep their number. The red flags started with him saying he doesn't want to put up pictures online of the heads. See our correspondence below.
are you still in the market for the above? i have got the complete LFX Heads engine
Hello, yes Im still looking for a set of heads. Mine are fine, however Im building a supercharged engine and need a set I can have ported and put in titanium valves. How much do you want for your set?
I cant text at work only use my computer. Mine is a 2014.

Take your time text me whenever you get or work or have a chance am not comfortable sending my pictures online
Thanks

Thanks for your response, and thanks for been more specific , what year? can we text +1 702-703-6083 ? I need to be sure I have what you want before price

Thanks

LevonH 07-12-2019 06:13 PM

http://www.directionus.com/nv/las-ve...auto-care.html

Maybe see if anyone knows them?

Deputy347k9 07-12-2019 07:52 PM

Couple indicators that this guy is nothing less than a scammer! First, looking at his join date of July 7, 2019, I bet this pretty much corresponds with when he sent you a PM. With ZERO posts I bet he joined for one reason and one reason only, YOU! People like the wortless character surf many different forums looking for people who say "want to by". They join, send private messages then quickly turn everything into text only. They don't like PayPal and will usually request Wester Union. They are able to show you shipping info for the item that does not even exist. They never pick up the money orders them selves, they hire mules to do this. They don't want their pictures taken.

Secondly, if you Google his telephone number 702-703-6083 you will see a post from the E46Fanattics forum advising people to avoid this telephone number as it's a scammer!

Larry

Xmetal 07-13-2019 06:50 AM

Thanks Larry for the added info. I really hate that people do this and don't care about who they hurt and are only interested in themselves. It really boils my blood that people feel this is ok to do!

Deputy347k9 07-13-2019 10:45 AM

Scammers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmetal (Post 10570053)
Thanks Larry for the added info. I really hate that people do this and don't care about who they hurt and are only interested in themselves. It really boils my blood that people feel this is ok to do!

Your more than welcome my friend. I have purchased a number of very nice items from members of this Forum, never a problem. There are so many lurkers waiting for someone to WTB! They join numerous Forums while searching, never posting, not wanting to accept PayPal, if you try for a face to face meeting they will unfortunately be out of town, package is ready to ship. You get the point.

Larry

bill522 07-13-2019 11:04 AM

The coolest thing about this forum is how the majority of people look out for each other !!

Xmetal 07-13-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 (Post 10570188)
Your more than welcome my friend. I have purchased a number of very nice items from members of this Forum, never a problem. There are so many lurkers waiting for someone to WTB! They join numerous Forums while searching, never posting, not wanting to accept PayPal, if you try for a face to face meeting they will unfortunately be out of town, package is ready to ship. You get the point.

Larry

Yes, Larry I do. That's why I posted here. Id hate to see anyone have that kind of issue and risk being out money.

DBHWT 07-13-2019 03:22 PM

Thanks for posting Larry.....collectively maybe we can weed out some of the scammers