Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Savannah GA Meet (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207136)

Dcoy56 09-14-2014 09:55 AM

Are we meeting today

USMCSSGT-RET 09-14-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazinJake (Post 7949469)
ok i'm going to keep you in mind, if I can't find anyone closer I may be making a roadtrip sometime to hear it... i put some mufflers on mine (cheap) and the drone is killing me... I've got to figure something else out but don't want to spend the $900 for Solo or another setup without having heard others first...

Sure thing...hopefully you can check it out at a Savannah meet soon.

mmarx82 09-24-2014 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll probably be there doing AutoX for the North-South Shootout but there will be a car show too.

Attachment 664070

***Update: for the Autocross bit***
There is a good bit of misleading information in this flyer that needs to be cleared up.

If you are not a member of SCCA, to drive in the event it is $10 dollars on the membership members fee which is $50 for the event if you do not preregister. So Non-SCCA members that did not preregister have to pay $60.

If you are not a member of SCCA, you can still preregister on our website and save $5. You can pay via paypal at $55 dollars.

If you are a Member and you walk up without preregistering to drive at the event, it is $50.

The participation/parking cost is separate from the actual autocross event. It may also be at a separate area of the track to pay for the parking/participation fee's

Our preregister website is http://www.buccaneerregion.org/soloregistration/
you will have to make an account with us to preregister.
***End Update: for the Autocross bit***

mpiersd 09-24-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 7970415)
I'll probably be there doing AutoX for the North-South Shootout but there will be a car show too.

Attachment 664070

Wifes response, "we're going, right?":happyanim:

mmarx82 09-25-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 7971009)
Wifes response, "we're going, right?":happyanim:

Cool Man!, and there is a chance I'll be in MI for the next car meet... gah :bonk:

mpiersd 09-25-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 7972542)
Cool Man!, and there is a chance I'll be in MI for the next car meet... gah :bonk:

I need to bring my own helmet, right?

mmarx82 09-25-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 7973394)
I need to bring my own helmet, right?

You don't have to, they have loaner helmets. If you do get a SA2005 or SA2010 helmet. Also lunch for the driver is provided at Roebling Road AutoX events. If you don't preregister then make sure you bring cash. Sometimes the card machine goes out.

mpiersd 09-26-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmarx82 (Post 7973861)
You don't have to, they have loaner helmets. If you do get a SA2005 or SA2010 helmet. Also lunch for the driver is provided at Roebling Road AutoX events. If you don't preregister then make sure you bring cash. Sometimes the card machine goes out.

Thanks. I'll have to check my full face helmet. Not sure what the rating is, but It was up to par 2 years ago as a motorcycle helmet.

michael's maro 09-26-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 7974570)
Thanks. I'll have to check my full face helmet. Not sure what the rating is, but It was up to par 2 years ago as a motorcycle helmet.

Helmet info: a motorcycle helmet is not SA rated, motorcycle helmets are not good for track events.
Michael

mpiersd 09-27-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael's maro (Post 7975581)
Helmet info: a motorcycle helmet is not SA rated, motorcycle helmets are not good for track events.
Michael

OK, thanks for the info.

habunow1 09-27-2014 06:02 PM

Trying to talk the wife to race her car in the Oct 11 event.

mmarx82 09-28-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpiersd (Post 7976806)
OK, thanks for the info.

Yeah what Mike said, since there will be a car show too they will probably be more restrictive during this event when they might have let it slide during a different event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habunow1 (Post 7976905)
Trying to talk the wife to race her car in the Oct 11 event.

You two could co-drive if you don't want to use your own car, just pay for two entries on the same car and choose different numbers. Most people usually add a 1 to the beginning or the end of the main number.

DenaliR1 10-05-2014 10:59 AM

I'll be at d1 in 5 minutes

DenaliR1 10-05-2014 11:04 AM

No one else gonna be here today?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.