Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Borla vs. Magnaflow cat back exhaust systems (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47770)

JM10 10-18-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawdogg149 (Post 1056188)
I now have the Magnaflow on my car. It is indeed quite but deep. I have borla on my '02 Z06 it is louder indeed. Preference going to the magnaflow because the deepness.

:word:

Love the deep tone without been too loud.

Slow1 10-18-2009 08:25 AM

Just did Magnaflow Comp on ours> AR headers, no cats and damn that thing is LOUD! Has an evil sound is the only way to describe it.

Melson 10-18-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow1 (Post 1058314)
Just did Magnaflow Comp on ours> AR headers, no cats and damn that thing is LOUD! Has an evil sound is the only way to describe it.

:word: same here

urr2slo 10-18-2009 11:11 AM

i started out with the magnaflow 3"comp series, nice deep sound, comfortable on the long drive, no drone, yet aggressive when you got on it. then i added dynatech's supermaxx long tubes with there hi-flow cats 3"in/3"out, and magna flow prototyped a mid section pipe (available soon) to make it a true 3" system from collectors back, looks extremely clean, like s/s art and it has that classic musclecar sound, it sounds absolutely incredible.
if you want to meet up sometime pm me, i'm moving to laguna hills at the end of the month and i usually show up to the fuddruckers cruise night at least once a month.

LSX-80MM 10-18-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow1 (Post 1058314)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melson (Post 1058374)
:word: same here

Guys are your cars LS3's or L99's? I've got an L99 With a Turbo,no cats of course,stock mufflers,And it was so loud I had to put my resonator back on to quieting it down,cant stand the crackling sound that sum people like,just want flow without the noise:thumbsup:

rauhaus camaro 10-18-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urr2slo (Post 1058749)
i started out with the magnaflow 3"comp series, nice deep sound, comfortable on the long drive, no drone, yet aggressive when you got on it. then i added dynatech's supermaxx long tubes with there hi-flow cats 3"in/3"out, and magna flow prototyped a mid section pipe (available soon) to make it a true 3" system from collectors back, looks extremely clean, like s/s art and it has that classic musclecar sound, it sounds absolutely incredible.
if you want to meet up sometime pm me, i'm moving to laguna hills at the end of the month and i usually show up to the fuddruckers cruise night at least once a month.

Definitey will hook-up with you. My office is in Laguna Hills. Go to Fuddruckers often on Tuesday nights. Also, Cars and Coffee near the Irvine Spectrum. Would enjoy seeing your Camaro!

Rich

MK69RSSS 10-18-2009 11:36 PM

I got magnaflow and its awesome ... perfect price ,perfect fit, and good power.. put 3 others on buddies cars too and they love it also.. don't have exp w borla....:sm0::laughabove:

JDP Motorsports 10-19-2009 12:47 PM

I would go with the Magnaflow system myself. Magnaflow is made in the USA and it carries a lifetime warranty. It is 409 stainless which is honestly better for exhaust as it isn't as brittle over time as the 309 does. In terms of value and quality you can go wrong with Magnaflow!! :headbang:

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
888-308-6007

WeeZee 10-19-2009 03:06 PM

^^^ i agree with JDP 100%. Magnaflow > Borla. Borla is cool but the new Magnaflow CamaroSS 3" catback exhaust with x-pipe is top notch