Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Guy on the Block (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513496)

Baggy1 11-15-2017 06:26 PM

New Guy on the Block

New guy going around the block. I've been sitting, reading and learning for a couple months or so, but look at me now, I'm a member. Thanks for letting me join in.:pop2:
I was in the hospital for heart surgery for better than a month. When the surgeon would come in to check me out I would always tell him he needed to check me out of the hospital for a couple hours. He would always ask why. I would respond with, I need to go buy a new Camaro. He would come back with, what's in it for me. I started out with I would get him a Camaro hat. By the time I was getting released he told me lets go get that Camaro and I'll drive you home.:happyanim:
My recovery has been a rough go. It took me near three weeks to clay bar polish and wax that little car. I would like to think I'm getting better daily but it sure hasn't been easy. Thanks again for letting me in........Baggy:wave:

witenite 11-15-2017 06:54 PM

Congrats on a successful surgery. Best wishes on the recovery. Welcome to the madness.

CCMADONNA 11-15-2017 07:01 PM

Baggy1, welcome!!!

I share your pain. Six heart attacks and a couple of angioplasties in the last 16 yrs (I'm a 61 yr old woman) but I've worked hard at getting healthier and the Camaro has helped! I dropped 100 lbs and I drive the Camaro to trails along the Pacific Coast that my husband and I can hike.

Detailing is a tough job. I kinda cheat because I have a convertible. But, yeah, detailing is a three day affair. Keep at it - slow and steady wins the race, and damn! you're gonna win looking great in that Camaro. :whitevertshift:

Baggy1 11-15-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by witenite (Post 9977369)
Congrats on a successful surgery. Best wishes on the recovery. Welcome to the madness.

Thank you witenite for the encouraging words.:thumbsup:
I seems I must enjoy the madness. I've played with hot rods all the way back to building model cars. Turned 16 and started on the full sized ones. Fun hobby that can lead to madness at times.:wave:

Baggy1 11-15-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCMADONNA (Post 9977385)
Baggy1, welcome!!!

I share your pain. Six heart attacks and a couple of angioplasties in the last 16 yrs (I'm a 61 yr old woman) but I've worked hard at getting healthier and the Camaro has helped! I dropped 100 lbs and I drive the Camaro to trails along the Pacific Coast that my husband and I can hike.

Detailing is a tough job. I kinda cheat because I have a convertible. But, yeah, detailing is a three day affair. Keep at it - slow and steady wins the race, and damn! you're gonna win looking great in that Camaro. :whitevertshift:

Thanks CCMADONNA, Sounds like you have been through the mill. I'm happy to hear you are doing so well. I'm hoping to regain my stamina, but it don't take much and I'm ready for a break. I'm so much better than I was 11 months ago. I think and or, hope and pray I'm going in the right direction. I'm so thankful for friends that have pitched in with helping hands.:wave:

Sir Nuke 11-27-2017 05:42 AM

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

https://s26.postimg.org/hs9bh5x9l/538939.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

sbubbaklein 11-27-2017 11:17 AM

welcome

Ashen 6.2 11-28-2017 05:22 AM

Welcome!

Deputy347k9 11-28-2017 06:30 AM

A huge welcome to the Forum and so so happy to hear your on the road to recovery. There are times getting older is not all the fun it's made out to be! My wife has also had two major surgeries, first on July 5th then most recently in October. Her heart surgeon has told her to take it easy but that like telling a Camaro owner to not drive their car! We have to enjoy all the life we have, so drive that girl like you own her!