Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NEW limited edition Camaro model to be introduced every six months! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129255)

SEOhioSS 02-14-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UT-Enginner (Post 2839182)

The Chevy dealership my fiance works at sold 13 vehicles this past Saturday.. only one of which was a camaro. All the others sold were Cruises, Silverados, and one Cobalt. I'm sure everyone who "really" wanted a camaro already bought one (v6 or SS) and sales will not be as great for these futrue editions as they were for 2010 and 2011 models... IMO :iono:

The dealership i work at sells trucks like crazy...people may come in to look at the camaro, but most of them wont buy them. Like you said they end up with something else.

Our dealership had three Synergy green Camaro's on the street corner, and i have never seen so many people pull into the dealership...none of them bought a camaro, but they were interested in other stuff that worked more for them.

With that in mind, in about three months there are a lot of college graduates who may want a new sports car.

CamaroCowboy 02-14-2011 11:24 AM

There were however alot of people waiting for the Z28 which obviously didn't happen. Some will probably take the ZL1 but some will continue to wait. There were also alot of people waiting for the Convertable. We will just have to wait and see how this pans out. i do agree that it will be very hard to touch the 2010 - 2011 sales.

TJ91 02-14-2011 11:27 AM

LENO FRONT FASCIA?! I hope soo!

chain777 02-14-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneeks20 (Post 2839031)
How about the "Berlineta"....i think thats what its called. Guys a lil help here!

The "Brougham d'Elegance" of Camaro's.:laugh:

radz28 02-14-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 2838986)
They should stop and think different like Apple does when evaluating their own products. Don't just change it for the sake of changing something; study what was good, what was okay, what wasn't so good, and improve it. Change it to make it better; fix the things that need fixing. Upgrade the FUNCTIONALITY; not just change the look.

It needs interior improvements. Some weight reduction. Strengthen the drivetrain. Better bushings (they can learn from Pedders how to do this without sacrificing ride quality).

Make the next version a better CAMARO; not just a cosmetic change. This has always been the downfall of Detroit automakers; they start with a great car, then slowly hokey/crap it up with "special editions" etc. until it's a sad mess of what used to be a great car. Just like software companies, they add "features" no one asked for, and ignore fixing the things that their existing customers have been complaining about. The software slowly gets bigger, clumsier, slower... until it's just disappointing at best.

DON'T DO IT CHEVY! You started something fantastic with this Camaro; STAY THE COURSE. Learn from Apple's approach. Study the forums; listen to all the feedback from the people who bought the car and make the next one so good that they'll buy it again. There's a reason why Apple is debt-free, has $60 billion in the bank, and is the #1 tech company in the world. Follow their lead and make the next Camaro the evolutionary improvement of this first fantastic car.

:word::word::word:

It would be cool to see more models come on-line, but Doc makes some good points. I hope GM doesn't spend more time making limited edition cars than it does improving CAMARO. I don't want more stickers - I'd like more performance and value. So far, I think GM's done an excellent job, and if these reports are even somewhat accurate, I hope GM doesn't lose focus on quality and value, both of which I think have been improving for a long time. Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see another Transformers edition car - let's not forget what to focus on, though.

JMVHO :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chain777 (Post 2839409)
The "Brougham d'Elegance" of Camaro's.:laugh:

:sm0: You crossed a line with that one, LOL!!!:laughabove:

thespymaster 02-14-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsandhu (Post 2839255)
I think it's a great idea. Also maybe diversify (at least cosmetically) the sea of Camaro's out there.

I'm interested to see how close the TF3 version would look compared to the on-screen one.

It could be the Z28, since in TF3 it's the Z28..................... , wishful thinking of my part :popcorn:

radz28 02-14-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 2839604)
It could be the Z28, since in TF3 it's the Z28..................... , wishful thinking of my part :popcorn:

Ooo!!! I like it!!! I would hope it would lose that spoiler though.

The_Blur 02-14-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 2838592)
Following in Ford's foot steps. There are so many freaking "special" Mustangs I can't keep up.

You've got it all wrong. Ford produces new packages every 6 hours. Chevrolet will wait 6 months. :stang:

98_Camaro 02-14-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

"At the time, it was the fastest Chevrolet car ever produced," Oppenheiser said in an interview at the show.
I would've thought the 2 1969 Corvettes that made it out of the factory with ZL-1's would have been the fastest car ever produced [at the time]?
Either way, it'll be interesting to see what direction GM heads with special packages.
Can't wait to see that 45th Anniversary package. :rolleyes:

motorhead 02-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

How about the "Berlineta"....i think thats what its called. Guys a lil help here!

They kind of already make that. Take a 2lt remove the rear spoiler and put berlinetta on the C-pillar. :D

irocnroll 02-14-2011 02:26 PM

How about the Iron Duke lol

OldJedi 02-14-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPP (Post 2838837)
So a future special edition will be a Z-28. That's what they mean with "stay tuned".

I think you are 100% correct. I think there will definitely be a Z28 in our future but my guess is it won't be here until the new Alpha platform in 2 years. I am not going to wait that long. I will enjoy my ZL1 until then.

Red Rocker 02-14-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Berlinetta is correct. Ugh. Call me when the Dusk edition goes on sale on the ZL1.

alfie43 02-14-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Yup..the Berlinetta. We called them "Chicks Camaros". They had a floral decal on the 'C' pillar and embroidered flowers on the seats. I'm not sure if their were Berlinetta specific colors, but I can still see those powder blue ones in my minds eye.
Alfie