Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Trans problem question Automatic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306092)

lewylew 07-06-2013 03:49 PM

Trans problem question Automatic

I was driving my car yesterday and 2-3 shift flashed real bad. Today while going to work trans start to slip then stutter. Pulled up to a light and stopped then the car would not go. I rolled back to a safe area and shut the car down. Let it sit for a couple minutes then start car and it goes in gear and starts to move. It started shuttering again then went away within 100 yards. Let the car sit now it will go then nothing. Any ideas what it might be?

lewylew 07-06-2013 09:35 PM

Anybody?

Supercharged SS 07-06-2013 09:41 PM

Wtf mike. Still problems after a year? I wish I knew enough to offer help.

Gd luck!

lewylew 07-06-2013 10:17 PM

Yeah, and my problems are never normal. WTF

etmx183 07-07-2013 07:09 AM

Have you done any basic checks? Scan for codes, check fluid level/condition. If you can pull the shift adapts. Look for adapts above 10 PSi for the given shift you are having issues with. Adapts over 10psi are mostly due to internal issues, but can be caused by pressure control solenoid slow/weak pressure rise also. The adapts are the transmission controller raising base line press by the adapt number to try and eliminate slippage. Also make sure your MAF is clean, it is the main load bearing sensor for the PCM/TCM. A dirty MAF has caused many transmission complaints.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewylew (Post 6757360)
I was driving my car yesterday and 2-3 shift flashed real bad. Today while going to work trans start to slip then stutter. Pulled up to a light and stopped then the car would not go. I rolled back to a safe area and shut the car down. Let it sit for a couple minutes then start car and it goes in gear and starts to move. It started shuttering again then went away within 100 yards. Let the car sit now it will go then nothing. Any ideas what it might be?

lewylew,

Sorry about the concerns that have arisen with your transmission. I can definitely understand any displeasure felt. Have you considered taking your vehicle to a GM dealership for an official diagnosis? I'd be happy to schedule a visit for you. I can also research any recalls for you if you PM me the VIN. Feel free to contact me regarding your concerns.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lewylew 07-08-2013 04:52 PM

Dropped my car off at Tune Time. Will let you know what they find.

William thanks for the reply. I think I am any recall issues probably would not apply. Not a factory trans anymore.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-08-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewylew (Post 6763996)
Dropped my car off at Tune Time. Will let you know what they find.

William thanks for the reply. I think I am any recall issues probably would not apply. Not a factory trans anymore.

Not a problem,

By all means, let us know the results of the inspection.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

lewylew 07-09-2013 11:49 AM

Got a call from Matt today. When he scanned for codes, he said it came back with every code available. When they pulled the electric plug trans fluid poured out. Hoping it is just a seal or the TCM. Says the fluid is clean and should not be any mechanical issues with the trans.

Sikoriko 07-09-2013 01:28 PM

Feel for you. hope that was only the problem. Keep us posted

lewylew 07-13-2013 12:30 PM

All seems to be good now. Seems though it was only a couple seals. Took the car on a 400 road trip today and no issues.