Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The issue between myself and WagonWork has been resolved (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227294)

The Stig 05-29-2012 11:19 PM

The issue between myself and WagonWork has been resolved

The agreement between myself and Pohanka Collision t/a WagonWork does not permit me to comment further as to the terms of our resolution.

Brutal SS 05-30-2012 01:03 AM

That sucks! :thumbdown:

I hope you have enough energy and funds left to consult an attorney.

Big C CamaroSS 05-30-2012 05:04 AM

Seriously 3 days for an estimate? I have to get my driver's side mirror replaced and back bumper touched up. I took my car to Hackett's Collision and Rob came outside, looked at my car, answered some questioned I had, and gave me an estimate in 10mins. But I already know they do the best work in the area. My Camaro goes in on June 5.

The Stig 05-30-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS (Post 5042813)
Seriously 3 days for an estimate? I have to get my driver's side mirror replaced and back bumper touched up. I took my car to Hackett's Collision and Rob came outside, looked at my car, answered some questioned I had, and gave me an estimate in 10mins. But I already know they do the best work in the area. My Camaro goes in on June 5.

No. We talked about the estimate for 3 days. It took them a week to get me an estimate.

JN3WMN 05-30-2012 08:28 AM

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. I'm sure everything will work out for you in due time. It's really sad that there are places that do business this way. I'm VA as well & will make sure I stay far away from this place.

nyrfan 05-30-2012 08:54 AM

Dude, that sucks, you can't catch a break! And I hate to say this, but if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!

c_LoW29 05-30-2012 12:11 PM

So they worked on a part of the car that wasnt covered. This particular area was not suppose to be worked on?

c_LoW29 05-30-2012 12:25 PM

A lot of time body parts dont come off to paint but are sanded and blended in with the area next to it to ensure proper paint matching. Maybe thats what they were trying to do.

joey0480 05-30-2012 12:25 PM

I would send the email and definitely file with BBB. Sorry to hear that they did work on the vehicle that was not damaged and proceeded to not even attempt to rectify things (I mean they could have at least offered to split the cost with you).

c_LoW29 05-30-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 5044368)
Nope. Tommy, manager, told me that they do not blend black paint. That all black paints are the same shade and blending would be a waste of money. No joke, that is what he told me when I asked him about blending.

But hey, they haven't responded to any of my emails so I can't say what their position is on all of this.

Was this shop recommended to you by Geico or is it just a shop you knew about? If it was recommended by geico then they have to do something for you. If not you are SOL since you took it a place they didnt recommend.

c_LoW29 05-30-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 5044422)
A few people recommended them actually. They are a Geico approved shop, don't know if that's the same as Geico recommending them. But when I told Geico I was taking her to WagonWork they said "sure, have them right here." I'm assuming she meant like on her computer screen.

Yeah then they should cover their work. The shops I bring my cars to are only ones that insurance companies approve for lifetime warranty of the work.

CamaroGuy2012 05-30-2012 02:35 PM

What kind of work did you have done?

What was being done to your car?

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 05-30-2012 03:48 PM

Owned.

I think that you are going about it the right way if I can say so myself.

I had a similar instance happen when my 2500HD was rear ended years back. Long story short, the tech decided that the Manual transmission needed to be rebuilt and needed a new clutch since it had been "damaged" in the rear end collision. When the SA called me to let me know, I was (as anybody would be) jazzed about them offerring to do it.

Of course when I went to pick up the truck, I had a bill for $2190. :angryaseff:

After long debate, I paid and then took it straight to the owner where I completely threatened to take him to small claims court for damages and time lost.

It worked out in my benefit only because I was a.)professional, b.)honest, and c.)adamate about my getting reimbursed.

People make mistakes but it's how they fess up to them and make it right that counts in my opinion.

I wish you the best and I'd offer my assistance if needed but it seems like you are doing quite well on your own so far.

Good luck "RAIMUND!" LOL

The Stig 05-30-2012 04:49 PM

This is my favorite part so far. The IP address Tommy sent the emails from is the same as CamaroGut2012's IP address which is the same as John W's IP address.

:bellyroll:

All of which come from:

801 P Street NW
Washington DC 20001