Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   z28 protype spotted at proving grounds today... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68612)

AdamCzap 03-02-2010 03:14 PM

z28 protype spotted at proving grounds today...

my buddy was there today and told me the following. i'm not sure how much of this has already been confirmed, i don't follow the threads! it's pretty interesting though.

his observations were:
-the rims look really sweet in person
-supercharged engine (top mount SC)
-lots of cooling fins on the SC

it's definitely in testing!!

AdamCzap 03-02-2010 03:14 PM

ps no pics sorry!

n!ght r!der 03-02-2010 03:16 PM

:iono::popcorn:

brandotron 03-02-2010 03:20 PM

I bet it's got a hover conversion too.

SS 376 03-02-2010 05:16 PM

Hmmm... :iono: Dude probably saw the Firebreather movie Camaro.

SSmoked 03-02-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCzap (Post 1539681)

his observations were:
-the rims look really sweet in person
-supercharged engine (top mount SC)
-lots of cooling fins on the SC

it's definitely in testing!!

-the rims were most likly spinning and i find it hard to belive he seen a clear image of what they looked like.
-unless he heard the engine whinning theres no way to tell if it was s/c. is there any other way to mount a s/c outher than top mount lol.
- cooling fins on the S/C? was the hood open, or is ur bud talking about body vents?

AdamCzap 03-02-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSmoked (Post 1540317)
-the rims were most likly spinning and i find it hard to belive he seen a clear image of what they looked like.
-unless he heard the engine whinning theres no way to tell if it was s/c. is there any other way to mount a s/c outher than top mount lol.
- cooling fins on the S/C? was the hood open, or is ur bud talking about body vents?

actually it was parked in a garage next to a CTS-V and ZR1. he originally just saw the converts and though, "oh, cool.." and walked over to check them out and saw the camo'd Z28. The hood was open. He said the hood appeared more or less stock. I don't know what he meant by "cooling fins" exactly but he did say there was no engine cover yet but it was definitely a SC on there. He couldn't tell if it was the LSA though.

The_Blur 03-02-2010 06:39 PM

In this day and age, he should have shot camera phone pictures at the very least. :needpics:

Ghost of Vincent Price 03-02-2010 06:42 PM

Its not B.S. guys, I saw it parked right next to the 2012 Camaro prototype. It has a effing turbine! With cooling fins too.

iBK3000 03-02-2010 06:45 PM

oh my god! :goes to change pants:

The_Blur 03-02-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price (Post 1540442)
Its not B.S. guys, I saw it parked right next to the 2012 Camaro prototype. It has a effing turbine! With cooling fins too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBK3000 (Post 1540456)
oh my god! :goes to change pants:

:laughabove: :bellyroll:

Sheitskees 03-02-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 1540435)
In this day and age, he should have shot camera phone pictures at the very least. :needpics:

:word:

I don't know how you could see something like that and not take pics on your phone, but call your buddy to tell him you saw it... Doesn't make much sense...

Sheitskees.

Mr Twisty 03-02-2010 07:27 PM

I saw it too! :popcorn:

Sorry man, I think your buddy is jerkin yer chain.

ZYA_LTR 03-02-2010 07:41 PM

Although there is o way of proving wihtout pics, i can say this......GM is very strict about camera phones and the releasing of pictures of test cars/prototypes...To the point that you are talking immediate termination. Having a relative that worked at the validation center during the C6 Vette program, there were folks that lost there jobs(hourly and salaried) for leaking pics of the C6 vette online....and....GM had the pictures removed within hours of them being posted. So i doubt anyone within GM will release any pics of what they see.

That's what i hate about all these heresay threads, they are exactly that...until GM releases press on the vehicle, we are all just dreaming and speculating. But living in the area, and working right next to the tech center, i do keep my eyes open, and a camera in my car at all times.....