Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Blue Beast supercharged v6 build [COTW 2/18/13] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269358)

IBM camaro 01-07-2013 01:56 PM

Thanks tcat also I finally joined HT5 after talking with Leonardo

TCAT 01-07-2013 02:06 PM

Welcome to the club!!! Woohoo

RED HT5 01-07-2013 03:34 PM

Welcome to the club brotha!!

IBM camaro 01-07-2013 03:46 PM

Haha thanks everyone!!! I'm glad to be apart of this ill be checking out all of your builds tonight !!! Someone please point me in the direction of a photoshopped sig

pierre777 01-08-2013 12:57 AM

car looks awesome man and congrats for joining the club brotha. :thumbup:

Kronix 01-08-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM camaro (Post 6001714)
Thanks tcat I just care about how everything looks tell me what everyone thinks about this plan. This week ordering red MGM caliper covers and the 3d carbon fender vents. The week after going to see Lupe for vertical doors installed and getting my fender vents installed. :)

Welcome to the HeadTurners, the only Camaro Club with World Domination!

Listen to Tim (Farthest), MPG covers are ok, but Brembos are better. Get ready to break out the air saw for cutting into you front quarter panel for the 3dCarbon Vents. I went with them, because they actually dispurse brake heat and not just for show. But you will have the jitters when you cut into that panel, just use the template 3d sends you, measure it off well, and test fit once you get the hole cut, and test again..DO NOT use the double sided tape provided. Use black windshield epoxy, it comes in tubes just like caulk. They WILL NOT come out once installed that way.

IBM camaro 01-08-2013 01:24 AM

Thanks man that's great advice and I know I'd love brembos but my money's gonna be tied up in the lambo doors and the vents I'm letting Lupe install them with my doors so I don't have to cut I was way to worried about my tracing skills to cut tht panel alone. I normally pay for big projects to be installed haha small stuff I install no problem.

IBM camaro 01-08-2013 01:25 AM

Also thanks everyone for the welcome its gonna be great being part of a group of such bad ass cars!! Can't wait to rep the decals. I just really need a good sig pic. Also anyone know where to find reds build thread

Kronix 01-08-2013 01:26 AM

Then don't waste your money on the MPG covers, and just save up. Do it right the first time and don't back track and spend double the money.

Kronix 01-08-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM camaro (Post 6007350)
I just really need a good sig pic.

Shoot Chris a PM, xVengeancex28 is his forum name, tell him I sent you.

IBM camaro 01-08-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronix (Post 6007353)
Then don't waste your money on the MPG covers, and just save up. Do it right the first time and don't back track and spend double the money.

I think your right I just have to save hopefully I can do a set for 1000 or less. I wanted to have the covers just untill I upgrade later red or orange like mindz

IOM Black Diamond 01-08-2013 01:45 AM

Wow great looking build. I have really been thinking about some fender vents also. I really like how they look and how they get some of the heat out.

IBM camaro 01-08-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond (Post 6007428)
Wow great looking build. I have really been thinking about some fender vents also. I really like how they look and how they get some of the heat out.

Thanks for the nice words diamond and yeh man go for it they look great and I was super surprised that the vents get heat out. My brakes kinda suck though I wasted like 100 on painting my calipers IBM and they don't even show so now I'm gonna have to get red covers then eventually brembros

IBM camaro 01-08-2013 02:01 AM

Alright guys I went to my graphics shop that did my carbon stripes today and I have a great plan to wrap so many interim parts in cabon and some exterior parts this is gonna be a great new project in between the major ones TCAT your interior gave me some ideas so thanks for that I hope they can start this week.