Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Magenta Camaro to Debut at Chicago Auto Show (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336534)

matthew9440 01-10-2014 07:45 AM

Magenta Camaro to Debut at Chicago Auto Show

1 Attachment(s)
Not feeling this color at all. It is the same color they are using on the Sonic. It will probably be rare and everything, but jeezzzz... They take away Inferno Orange and Synergy Green, but add this?

Quote:

Just the Facts:
  • A 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, dressed up with a flashy magenta exterior paint treatment, is bound for showrooms starting in February.
  • It is expected to debut at the 2014 Chicago Auto Show.
  • The unusual color will be available through June on most Camaro model

DETROIT — A 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, dressed up with a flashy magenta exterior paint treatment, is bound for showrooms starting in February.

It is expected to debut at the 2014 Chicago Auto Show.

The unusual color will be available through June on most Camaro models. Magenta is a shade that blends mauve and crimson.

"You will be able to see it a couple of miles away," said John Fitzpatrick, Chevrolet's marketing manager for performance cars, in an interview at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. "I think a lot of people who want to stand out are going to go after that color."

The Chevrolet vehicle configurator does not have a sample of the paint color. Images of the Camaro wearing magenta have not been released. But General Motors has been experimenting with bolder colors on its vehicles, including rolling out a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic in Deep Magenta Metallic, a limited-edition color.

This is not the first time what some might label as an unusually bright color has appeared on a Camaro.

"Remember when we came out with Synergy Green, the bright green car?" said Fitzpatrick. "So this is taking it to a purple hue."

That car, the Synergy Green Special Edition Camaro, debuted for the 2010 model year.

Chevrolet is adding interest to the 2014 Camaro lineup with the Spring Special Edition. The vehicle first debuted at the 2013 SEMA Show. This edition is influenced by the 1967 Chevrolet Camaro.

The package is offered on 2LT and 2SS trims, and is expected to be available in the second quarter. Among the features in the package are a body-colored ZL1 spoiler, Blue Ray stripes, ground-effects package and grille, 21-inch wheels and a blue fabric top on convertible models.

from Edmunds

LBreezie 01-10-2014 07:49 AM

Boo

SUKXOST 01-10-2014 07:49 AM

SUCH a chick color....unique or not.....any DUDE that buys this.....oughta be shunned! LOL

DaFisch 01-10-2014 07:50 AM

I hope this is a joke.

The Stig 01-10-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFisch (Post 7324886)
I hope this is a joke.

Nope. It was announced earlier this year. It'll be a special edition color with a limited run.

SUKXOST 01-10-2014 08:08 AM

^yep, info been out for a while now. Wonder if it has anything to do with someone in a skirt and heels running GM.....that's MY bet.

matthew9440 01-10-2014 08:10 AM

Oh I got this right from the GM January consensus report. It is unfortunately going to be a production color and that picture I posted is their rendering on what it will look like!

11TexaSS 01-10-2014 08:42 AM

It looks alright. I think it'll look better in person, looks better then synergy green, never liked that color.

Kelly@PCMofNC 01-10-2014 08:57 AM

I think it's cool. I wouldn't buy it, but I like it!

PAUL SS 01-10-2014 09:00 AM

Not for me, but I reserve judgment until I see it in person.

Z/28Dan 01-10-2014 09:01 AM

Please no. :frusty:

19car69 01-10-2014 09:02 AM

Wouldn't be a color I would choose, but I think the color looks OK with the car. Gives a little variety out there.

OK2DRUL 01-10-2014 09:09 AM

It's just another way they're trying to get more females interested in buying Camaros. If you did a gender segment on these cars I'm sure there's an overwhelming percentage of men who own and drive these cars. It's just Chevy trying to tap into a market they haven't reached yet. I'm sure it will look better in person, but I still wouldn't purchase it.

angie7 01-10-2014 09:39 AM

This color has been offered in other cars such as challenger and jeep. Ive seen both sexes own this color and its pretty cool in person.