Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pearl White Metallic Stripes (from Big Worm) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192413)

Big C CamaroSS 12-31-2011 08:29 AM

Pearl White Metallic Stripes (from Big Worm)

I have plain white stripes on my IOM Camaro SS. I was looking at getting the dark charcoal metallic stripes from Big Worm in the spring, BUT the white stripes really pop on the orange paint. I was looking at the website last night and I noticed there were rally stripes offered in pearl white metallic. What exactly is "pearl white metallic" and would it look much different than just plain white stripes? White with little sparkly flecks in it? I want to go with as metallic stripe because the inferno orange exterior paint is metallic :D. Maybe Big Worm would send me a small sample square?

My Caroline 12-31-2011 11:40 AM

I had my white fender hashes installed at big worm in october and they showed me the pearl white because it was a new color that was not yet on their website. It is a very nice color and its would definitely pop on your IOM. BUT, it does have a slight holographic effect to it. There is a slight blue, purpleish effect to it when you look at different angles. It is still a very nice color and the only reason I didn't get it was because of the look I want to get with white accents.

Big C CamaroSS 12-31-2011 01:38 PM

Thank you very much My Caroline.

My Caroline 12-31-2011 11:14 PM

No problem! Glad I could help! Vinyl with the metalic flake is usually simply painted white vinyl. I know for big worm it's the same with the synergy and IOM vinyls (being painted that is). If I were you I would call Big worm. Since they paint (or get it painted im not sure) the vinyl, perhaps they could do a custom one off? Maybe they could do just a flake instead of the pearl flake. I'm not sure they can do custom, so don't take my word but if not I'm sure they can help you pick something nice.

My Caroline 12-31-2011 11:21 PM

Just to add to that last post, you could also look into the silver metallic or the gun metal metallic. The dark charcoal looked like it was basically cyber gray, so it could also look really nice on your IOM.:w00t:

InfernoMan2011 01-01-2012 09:25 PM

Well....

I don't know about the vinyl but I had factory style rally stripes painted on my 2011 IOM but had them extend over the spoiler and stop at the bottom of the spoiler. I started looking at Cadillac White Diamond pearl, but it was a bit to silver. I ended up going with and Isuzu white called "Frost White Pearl". It's a 3 stage pearl paint with metallic flake, and in the sunlight it REALLY pops with the IOM. Not sure how the effect would be with vinyl, but I have no regrets with the paint.

-infernoman2011

S3XPanther 01-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoMan2011 (Post 4247797)
I don't know about the vinyl but I had factory style rally stripes painted on my 2011 IOM but had them extend over the spoiler and stop at the bottom of the spoiler. I started looking at Cadillac White Diamond pearl, but it was a bit to silver. I ended up going with and Isuzu white called "Frost White Pearl". It's a 3 stage pearl paint with metallic flake, and in the sunlight it REALLY pops with the IOM. Not sure how the effect would be with vinyl, but I have no regrets with the paint.

-infernoman2011

I think I might have to go the custom route as well. White pearl is an awesome color, however some versions (BMW and Cadillac) seem too washed out. The one I like the most is the white pearl Lexus uses.

S3XPanther 01-01-2012 09:55 PM

And yes, they look awesome on IOM. The OEM offering doesn't look that great imo.

Big C CamaroSS 01-02-2012 08:57 AM

Thanks guys. With my/our exterior colour being a metallic, how can stripes in a metallic colour not look good? I'm going to ask Big Worm if I could get a small sample of the white and charcoal just to compare. I AM going to replace my OE stripes in the spring......I just have to decide once and for all, what colour to get! Thanks again :thumbup:

s/c ss 01-02-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS (Post 4242319)
I have plain white stripes on my IOM Camaro SS. I was looking at getting the dark charcoal metallic stripes from Big Worm in the spring, BUT the white stripes really pop on the orange paint. I was looking at the website last night and I noticed there were rally stripes offered in pearl white metallic. What exactly is "pearl white metallic" and would it look much different than just plain white stripes? White with little sparkly flecks in it? I want to go with as metallic stripe because the inferno orange exterior paint is metallic :D. Maybe Big Worm would send me a small sample square?

I think pearl white stripes would look incredible but honestly, if it were me doing it, I'd paint those stripes on.

Big C CamaroSS 01-02-2012 02:52 PM

Yeah I hear ya s/c ss, but painted stripes are going to run me $1200-$1500 to have the really good, local paint shop do it. I would rather spend the money on new chrome rims to replace my boring painted rims at this time. Plus, spring time equals engine performance upgrade at Shifted Perceptions Inc in Oakville, Ontario so I can't be spending crazy if I want that to happen.

David from Big Worm Graphix is going to send me the 3 metallic color samples I'm trying to decide to go with....that's AWESOME :thumbup::thumbup:

Genious 01-02-2012 03:13 PM

I don't really know how I feel about pearl strips on IOM, I'm not knocking it I would just have to see it first.

inferno camaro 01-02-2012 04:02 PM

The 2010 pace car stripes are pearl white on IOM, and it looks outstanding. It really pops in the sunlight, IMO it looks way better than std white.

Big C CamaroSS 01-02-2012 04:49 PM

Sweet :thumbup: