Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Finally had time to drop off car for mod installs (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262819)

2LTvert 11-26-2012 08:11 PM

Finally had time to drop off car for mod installs

2 Attachment(s)
Dropped off my Camaro at my local shop to get a few mods installed.. ZL1 front fascia, dual vented front fenders, ZL1 rockers (Thanks for the great products Gary!!, orange10s.c.:bow:) and DJ Hawkeye Retractable Grille (Thanks Unique Auto Depot :w00t:) I'm hoping to pick my Camaro up Wednesday, if not sooner, then off to San Antonio to see Lupe, overhaulengine, to have vertical doors installed on Friday..sometime between that time or after I'll have the NS-1 stripes put on as well.

:wub: Love this forum and all the resources it has to offer! :chevy:

Attachment 448726
Attachment 448727

2010 SSRS 11-26-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LTvert (Post 5849320)
Dropped off my Camaro at my local shop to get a few mods installed.. ZL1 front fascia, dual vented front fenders, ZL1 rockers (Thanks for the great products Gary!!, orange10s.c.:bow:) and DJ Hawkeye Retractable Grille (Thanks Unique Auto Depot :w00t:) I'm hoping to pick my Camaro up Wednesday, if not sooner, then off to San Antonio to see Lupe, overhaulengine, to have vertical doors installed on Friday..sometime between that time or after I'll have the NS-1 stripes put on as well.

:wub: Love this forum and all the resources it has to offer! :chevy:

nice list of mods :thumbup:

CHMSC 11-26-2012 08:19 PM

post some pics when it's done! Sounds like it should look killer!

2LTvert 11-26-2012 10:01 PM

Thanks 2010 SSRS and CHMSC. Hope to be able to put up pics by this weekend or sometime next week.:thumbsup:

2LTvert 12-03-2012 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm loving the new look of my Camaro! :happyanim: I have some NS-1 stripes in polished black... I would like to hear some opinions if this is "too much black"?? Camaro already has a black convertible top..
Attachment 448724
:bow: Thanks Gary for the ZL1 bumper, rockers and the front dual fenders..Thanks Lupe for the vertical door install...and Thank Unique Auto Depot for the DJ Hawkeye Grille. :respekt:

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 12-03-2012 11:26 AM

Diggin that new grille sir....looks nice!

Ivan

Kartashian 12-03-2012 11:54 AM

Sweet ride mate!! The Retractable Grille looks great. Keep up the good work.

J-ROD-210 12-03-2012 12:01 PM

Looking good. Go with the stripes!

2LTvert 12-03-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 5874137)
Diggin that new grille sir....looks nice!
Ivan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kartashian (Post 5874227)
Sweet ride mate!! The Retractable Grille looks great. Keep up the good work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 (Post 5874250)
Looking good. Go with the stripes!

Thank you all for the compliments. :bow:

Has anyone seen a yellow convertible with stripes? Just wondering if it will be too much black...I dont want to take away that much yellow. :iono:
I'll try putting the stripes up against the car and see how it looks..

Next, I'll be lighting it up with LEDs.. undercar and footwells to start off and painting stitching yellow when I get time.

Pharmaro 12-04-2012 03:42 PM

Looking great 2LTVert! I finally got my Hawkeye grille straightened out myself! Did they have any issues with the Zl1 fogs and the Hawkeye at night with the car on?

2LTvert 12-04-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharmaro (Post 5878947)
Looking great 2LTVert! I finally got my Hawkeye grille straightened out myself! Did they have any issues with the Zl1 fogs and the Hawkeye at night with the car on?

I just had the shop install mine on Thursday..they didnt wire it correctly. signals dont work with during the day the way they should and bottom left fog light wont come on.. I had to take it from them though so I could have Lupe in San Antonio install my vertical doors. I hope I can get time to take it back to the shop to get the wiring corrected soon. :thumbdown:

Wiring issue aside I love the new look!! :thumbup: Have any pics of your install Pharmaro?

zkdreads 12-04-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LTvert (Post 5878984)
I just had the shop install mine on Thursday..they didnt wire it correctly. signals dont work with during the day the way they should and bottom left fog light wont come on.. I had to take it from them though so I could have Lupe in San Antonio install my vertical doors. I hope I can get time to take it back to the shop to get the wiring corrected soon. :thumbdown:

Wiring issue aside I love the new look!! :thumbup: Have any pics of your install Pharmaro?

damn they couldnt follow the directions?

2LTvert 12-04-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkdreads (Post 5879080)
damn they couldnt follow the directions?

:mad0260: Exactly! It took them FOUR DAYS to install ZL1 bumper, rockers, grille, and fenders! :mad0259: and when I picked it up my Camaro was filthy! :facepalm:
Im not looking forward to going back to them but they were paid to install these items and they need to fix it!

zkdreads 12-04-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LTvert (Post 5879116)
:mad0260: Exactly! It took them FOUR DAYS to install ZL1 bumper, rockers, grille, and fenders! :mad0259: and when I picked it up my Camaro was filthy! :facepalm:
Im not looking forward to going back to them but they were paid to install these items and they need to fix it!

WHOA four days. a turbo couldve been put in your car and road tested in 4 days. GEEZ