Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Trouble taking key out on NEW 2010!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24107)

scajc 05-24-2009 06:56 PM

Trouble taking key out on NEW 2010!!!
 
Anyone else having trouble taking out their key on their 2010 Camaro? We bought it two weeks ago Friday...a 1LT. About two days after we bought it we were just sitting in it admiring it...then as we tried to turn off the car, the key wouldn't turn all the way off and we couldn't take it out. After moving and wiggling for about 15 minutes, it finally came out. It didn't do it again for a couple of days. Now, every time I drive it, I have to wiggle the wheel, move it up and down---it is a 1 to five minute process every time I drive the car. I am calling the dealership Tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone else is having any trouble with this or know what is wrong with it.

Other than that...absolutely LOVE IT!!!! But, the key thing is getting VERY annoying.

Xmicro_SS 05-24-2009 07:04 PM

This is not uncommon in todays cars.......a lot of makes and models....read here and take it back to the dealer ASAP.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic98781.htm

scajc 05-24-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 515454)
This is not uncommon in todays cars.......a lot of makes and models....read here and take it back to the dealer ASAP.

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic98781.htm

Thanks for the info. Bummer to have to already take it back in though...but better to get it fixed.

vdevine 07-05-2009 09:16 AM

Lock Out Hole
 
See your manual...there's a lock out hole that might be partially engaged below your key entry point.

2010SLVRBULIT 07-05-2009 10:19 AM

Let us know what the solution is..

qbert48 07-05-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT (Post 649775)
Let us know what the solution is..

:word:i too would like to know what the problem is and the fix

SirBrad 07-05-2009 01:34 PM

I have trouble taking it out only because I want to drive it around the clock.

OUR72GTO 07-05-2009 02:06 PM

Move the steering wheel while you move the key. This will loosen up over time.

2010cantwait 07-06-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scajc (Post 515447)
Anyone else having trouble taking out their key on their 2010 Camaro? We bought it two weeks ago Friday...a 1LT. About two days after we bought it we were just sitting in it admiring it...then as we tried to turn off the car, the key wouldn't turn all the way off and we couldn't take it out. After moving and wiggling for about 15 minutes, it finally came out. It didn't do it again for a couple of days. Now, every time I drive it, I have to wiggle the wheel, move it up and down---it is a 1 to five minute process every time I drive the car. I am calling the dealership Tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone else is having any trouble with this or know what is wrong with it.

Other than that...absolutely LOVE IT!!!! But, the key thing is getting VERY annoying.

Had this problem with a 2001 Grand Prix GT- needed a new shifter (auto trans)- bad BTSI solenoid.

67CamaroRS 07-10-2009 02:25 AM

Ignition Key Problem
 
1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I had this problem my first day with my new 2010 2SS Camaro that I bought from John L. Sullivan Chevrolet in Roseville, CA. Monday, June 29th I drove my car home and when I got to the garage and tried to turn it off. I could turn off the engine, but I could not get the key out of the Ignition. I took it back to the Dealer and they had it for a week as they checked with GM and the factory Plant for a replacement Ignition part. No parts were available. They had to get one off a Camaro they had not sold yet, and then they were able to fix my Camaro. I just got it back Tuesday, July 7th. Now the dealer is awaiting the replacement Ignition part from the Factory, but at least mine is working correctly:chevy:

GothamCamaro 07-13-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBrad (Post 650105)
I have trouble taking it out only because I want to drive it around the clock.

:sm0:

Same here!

ckaram 07-16-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUR72GTO (Post 650145)
Move the steering wheel while you move the key. This will loosen up over time.

That's what I did when it "stuck" a couple times. Many cars do this.

Moorepheus 07-20-2009 12:11 PM

My Equinox, after 3 1/2 years still does it. If the Steering wheel is in a certian position, it will not let me turn the car off all the way, there by, not allowing me to remove the key. I just move the steering wheel left or right and like magic, the key turns the rest of the way off and comes out. it's call a GM FEATURE.....lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckaram (Post 688597)
That's what I did when it "stuck" a couple times. Many cars do this.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.