Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

WadeWilson 03-22-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2995568)

:laugh:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2994128)
OK

Fronts 64.8 CM

Rears 66.5 CM

And they are exactly the same on both sides.. I did not adjust the ride height at all.. They are set as they came from the factory.

Not that it affects ride height, but, we put the preload on the rears at 5mm and about 3 mm up front. I shot some video of how to set the preload on the rears, same process as the fronts.


Alignment,

Jerry Hamm here in Jax has a real good Corvette/Camaro Tech named Mike.

After I asked him to time the bushings he said no problem. In fact he said... I'm glad you asked me to do that it makes perfect sense....

I didn't ask him for any custom alignment, especially since I'm about to drive 4K miles here in a couple weeks... But they're gonna take care of me.

:thumbsup:

OK translation

OE Front with 20" Wheels 694mm
OE Rear with 20" Wheels 700mm


OE Front with 20" Wheels 648mm / dropped 46mm about 2"
OE Rear with 20" Wheels 665mm / dropped 35mm about 1 1/2 inches

Tell you alignment professional Mike that you would like your rear to have minimal negative camber. Less is better. Up front with your Supercars and radius bush inserts you can run a bit negative -.75 to -1 with minimal toe and get excellent tire wear all around with good turn in and cornering.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2994863)
:mad0259: Blah Blah Blah,,,,,,, "Look at me..... I live in Jacksonville where I have access to all the cool stuff............ and good shops......... and parts".......... blah blah blah.......... Attachment 219274

I need lug nuts...... gotta order them.
I need a fuel schreader valve....... gotta order it.
I need a dyno tune......... gotta drive 7 hours to get it.
I need a decent alignment....... :help:

But NOOoooooOOOOoooo........... not Mister fortunate here......

Chris: "Oh..... looky there, a speed shop with all the resources opens up across the street. How luck am I?"

:suicide:<<<<<<<<<<< PQ


















*ahem*


Ok. I"m ok.


:bellyroll:



:word:

:laughabove:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2995427)
OH... and my car is straight as an arrow now

:D

Just sayin....


so Pete... you know, since the supercars are SOOOOooooOOOOOOOOooooo adjustable...

Say if I were to have a grudge match with a "friend" and say we were going to do both Autox aaaannd Drag racing... what would be the recommended settings on both rebound and compression for all four of my adjustable coilovers for both autox and drag racing?????


hmmmm?????

:D

That is top secret, but I'll post it any way.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/i...hite-lines.gif

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2995708)
That is top secret, but I'll post it any way.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/i...hite-lines.gif

Ooooohhh... yeah... that will work nicely.

Good call.

:thumbsup:

PQ 03-22-2011 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 2995197)
somebody's being a whiny little diva :rolleyes:

Attachment 219332

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2995708)
That is top secret, but I'll post it any way.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/i...hite-lines.gif

I got my secret Cracker Jax decoder ring out. I know what you guys are up to.

JusticePete 03-22-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2995767)
Attachment 219332

I got my secret Cracker Jax decoder ring out. I know what you guys are up to.

:D :D :D

Mr Twisty 03-22-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2995767)
Attachment 219332

I got my secret Cracker Jax decoder ring out. I know what you guys are up to.

Got my Ovaltine decoder on it.... lessee....



.....says, "Buy more Ovaltine." :facepalm:

themossman 03-22-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2994863)
:mad0259: Blah Blah Blah,,,,,,, "Look at me..... I live in Jacksonville where I have access to all the cool stuff............ and good shops......... and parts".......... blah blah blah..........

It's not all roses here in JAX...I still opt for a six hour journey north when I need some heavy lifting (and fine tuning) done...

Oh...and during the install...I took a little bit of THR22 with me that day. I know this because I dug it out of my thumb yesterday...little blue piece of metal. Now Chris's car is a little bit lighter too....uh oh....

GTAHVIT 03-22-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 2995994)
It's not all roses here in JAX...I still opt for a six hour journey north when I need some heavy lifting (and fine tuning) done...

Oh...and during the install...I took a little bit of THR22 with me that day. I know this because I dug it out of my thumb yesterday...little blue piece of metal. Now Chris's car is a little bit lighter too....uh oh....

Just giving back for all the harras... err help on Saturday.

Oh the noise... yeah it was that rear exhaust hanger I was bitching about loosening...

:laugh:

JusticePete 03-22-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2996048)
Oh the noise... yeah it was that rear exhaust hanger I was bitching about loosening...

:laugh:

Mossman and I were talking about this. We were betting on a loose screw. :yikes:

themossman 03-22-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2996048)
Just giving back for all the harras... err help on Saturday.

Oh the noise... yeah it was that rear exhaust hanger I was bitching about loosening...

:laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2996068)
Mossman and I were talking about this. We were betting on a loose screw. :yikes:

I told you...it was that Cleatus bolt I fount in my pocket when I got home...

600hp-lpe 03-22-2011 06:43 PM

See? i told ya somebody was gonna covet *something* from Chris's car.. wasn't thinking part of the exhaust hanger, though. was more betting on one or two of them pretty coilover shocks...

Darth_Emma 03-22-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2996068)
Mossman and I were talking about this. We were betting on a loose screw. :yikes:

You really shouldn't blame PQ. He wasn't even there. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.