Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   VERY DIFFICULT DECISION I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR! YOUR THOUGHTS? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492452)

z28-conv 04-23-2017 10:51 AM

VERY DIFFICULT DECISION I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR! YOUR THOUGHTS?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Guys and Gals,

My Wife and I purchased a house about this time last year. I already had my ZL1 for three years when we went and purchased the house. I knew things COULD get tight but I was being positive about the situation and expecting things would continue to improve and we would be fine. I am now at that point that I think it would be best to sell the ZL1. I REALLY don't want to sell it because we all know how great and fun this car is.

My biggest question for all of you is how much do you think it is worth and what is the best way to sell it to get the most back out of it? It is a 2013 ZL1 Convertible. It is Garage kept. It is very clean and I am the only owner. I ordered it in 2012 how I wanted it. It is A 6-speed with the interior lighting package and the standard grey painted hood insert ( not exposed carbon fiber) and only has 29K on it. I also have the Red ZL1 car cover that would go with it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated Thank you

KaBoom1701 04-23-2017 11:58 AM

Honestly the best part about the car is the Blue Ray Metallic color....it's a rare color.

With 29k on it and clean I would put the value around 32-35k. Maybe more if the right buyer comes along. Just depends how bad you need to sell it.

Good luck with sell.

BEECHFRONT 04-23-2017 12:13 PM

pm sent

Can'tHave2MuchHP 04-23-2017 01:59 PM

Yeah $35,000 would be a good price for you, expect a dealer to offer more like 30-31k.

HDRDTD 04-23-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 9688996)
Yeah $35,000 would be a good price for you, expect a dealer to offer more like 30-31k.

Exactly.
I also have a 2013 ZL1 convertible (m6 with the ecf hood) always garaged and never driven in the winter, with 32k miles on it when I asked the dealer how much I could get as a trade in, and they offered me 30K. The dealer knows me very well, and I had bought the car from them and always had all my service done there.
This was about a year ago.

SummitWhite11 04-23-2017 03:38 PM

That's a nice looking ZL1 you have there. Sorry to hear circumstances are causing you to sell. Just remember there will always be other Camaro's out there to purchase at a later time.

STUNNAH 04-23-2017 10:35 PM

If you really want to keep the car you could refinance it if it's not paid off...Unless a couple of thousand dollars is a big deal your best option is to sale private vs to a dealer...You even have the option of a consignment sale via a dealer...Good luck with whatever decision you make...

z28-conv 04-24-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 9688873)
Honestly the best part about the car is the Blue Ray Metallic color....it's a rare color.

With 29k on it and clean I would put the value around 32-35k. Maybe more if the right buyer comes along. Just depends how bad you need to sell it.

Good luck with sell.

Thanks. Yeah it is 1 of 46 ZL1 BRM 6M Convertibles. It would be even less if I could find out how many have the Grey painted hood inserts and how many have the exposed Carbon Fiber insert:big grin:

It hibernates in the garage from November to April every year. Since November I put about 250miles on it.

z28-conv 04-24-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP (Post 9688996)

That sounds like a decent number?

z28-conv 04-24-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 9689020)
Exactly.
I also have a 2013 ZL1 convertible (m6 with the ecf hood) always garaged and never driven in the winter, with 32k miles on it when I asked the dealer how much I could get as a trade in, and they offered me 30K. The dealer knows me very well, and I had bought the car from them and always had all my service done there.
This was about a year ago.

Yep I remember when you showed pictures the day you picked yours up:thumb:All Black. I definitely think they low balled you on that offer.:noidea:

z28-conv 04-24-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 (Post 9689094)
That's a nice looking ZL1 you have there. Sorry to hear circumstances are causing you to sell. Just remember there will always be other Camaro's out there to purchase at a later time.

Thanks. I know there is a good chance I could have another. But I have had a Camaro in my possession over the last 20 years in the driveway and almost 30 years that I have had a Camaro. I have a 5 year old who always asks me " Dad can we go for a ride in the Camaro?" That is the part that makes a decision like this a little harder. I have always had a Camaro to give him a ride in since he was born.

z28-conv 04-24-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STUNNAH (Post 9689645)
If you really want to keep the car you could refinance it if it's not paid off...Unless a couple of thousand dollars is a big deal your best option is to sale private vs to a dealer...You even have the option of a consignment sale via a dealer...Good luck with whatever decision you make...

Thanks. Yeah I have been tossing the idea around as to how to sell it. I would like to sell it privately. I guess I could list it on Craigslist? I feel the dealer will not give me much for it. Especially if Im not buying a car from them??

Caseyls3 04-24-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28-conv (Post 9690741)
Thanks. Yeah I have been tossing the idea around as to how to sell it. I would like to sell it privately. I guess I could list it on Craigslist? I feel the dealer will not give me much for it. Especially if Im not buying a car from them??

I was once in your shoes. I sold my 2002 WS6 that was mint but it was in the best interest of my family. It worked out well as 4 years later here I am. For what it's worth, I had great luck on eBay. There is no way I would sell that on Craigslist.

z28-conv 04-24-2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseyls3 (Post 9691081)
I was once in your shoes. I sold my 2002 WS6 that was mint but it was in the best interest of my family. It worked out well as 4 years later here I am. For what it's worth, I had great luck on eBay. There is no way I would sell that on Craigslist.

Really?! ebay? that makes me nervous? did you get more than you originally wanted ? 2002 WS6 were very cool back in the day:thumbup:

Your 2011 looks really nice too.