Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Compact Spare ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8311)

Sierra 10-15-2008 03:52 PM

Compact Spare ?

Is there going to be a full spare if we dont order this or no spare at all?

playhard67 10-15-2008 03:54 PM

The SS will not have a spare at all - no option too. The LT and LS can get a spare as an option.

Angrybird 12 10-15-2008 04:02 PM

no spare just a tire sealer and pump, same as i have with my Sky and the one tht the Corvette has.

rlg3 10-15-2008 04:11 PM

this is in the wrong thread, there is no spare for ss there is for ls and lt its on the options list, however it is under constraint, so not many LS or LT will get it. No full size spare available.

Sierra 10-16-2008 10:53 AM

I dont know why its in the worng thread. I put it under general. I have triple a anyway. Makes the car lighter cool.

LadiesMan217 10-16-2008 10:55 AM

How does tire sealer help you if your tire gets shredded?

I guess this'll just make more money for OnStar :laugh:

TomServo 10-16-2008 10:56 AM

I wonder if the TPMS or GOOP will be differnt than what I had on my 03 Z06??

If you used the supplied GOOP and had the TPMS installed (which you could on the Z06 even though GM didn't include them when new) you ruined the TPMS. A new one cost $55 and required the tire to be dismounted to replace it.

Rogue Leader 10-16-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 161543)
I wonder if the TPMS or GOOP will be differnt than what I had on my 03 Z06??

If you used the supplied GOOP and had the TPMS installed (which you could on the Z06 even though GM didn't include them when new) you ruined the TPMS. A new one cost $55 and required the tire to be dismounted to replace it.

Regular goop kills the TPMS hwoever there is another "flavor" of goop that does not from what I hear. I would assume that is what they include.

Angrybird 12 10-16-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 (Post 161542)
How does tire sealer help you if your tire gets shredded?

I guess this'll just make more money for OnStar :laugh:

Also if you have 2 flats at one time (like I did on my Sky, but even the compact spare won't help in that case) it does not help because the sealer is only good for one use...
I called OnStar and it took an hour before someone came to help me... and I was in the City....of course it was 4am when I called...

I keep onStar just for things like this, it is handy for other things too.

Besides even if it isn't an option on the camaro you purchase I bet you can get a compact spare as a dealer installed option.

headpunter 10-16-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 161635)
Also if you have 2 flats at one time (like I did on my Sky, but even the compact spare won't help in that case) it does not help because the sealer is only good for one use...
I called OnStar and it took an hour before someone came to help me... and I was in the City....of course it was 4am when I called...

I keep onStar just for things like this, it is handy for other things too.

Besides even if it isn't an option on the camaro you purchase I bet you can get a compact spare as a dealer installed option.

but then again you would have been screwed anyways since you wouldn't have had 2 spare tires anyways.

Geno 10-25-2008 06:04 PM

I've only needed a spare a couple of times in the past 10 years or so. However, I did order one. It will be there if I need it and not familur with the repair and fill kit. Would I be wrong to assume that it can loose pressure and be worthless after a time????

CamaroSpike23 10-26-2008 09:16 AM

keep in mind a "compact" spare will be just that.... Compact. with the size of the brakes on the SS, a spare donut is worthless. you would need a full size replacement tire. for the v-6, you can go with a smaller spare that will fit the smaller brakes.

CatiaJockey 10-26-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlg3 (Post 159968)
, however it is under constraint, so not many LS or LT will get it. No full size spare available.

Where and how did you find out about this?

ron8879 10-26-2008 09:38 AM

I can say that Im not a believer in the compresser/goop method..I still feel better having a spare for sure....goop wont fix a shreaded sidewall....So I ordered mine for sure....