Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So glad I have a 5th Gen.... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536607)

Indydriver 08-17-2018 05:10 PM

So glad I have a 5th Gen....

Watching all the screw-ups in the design, marketing and pricing of the 6Gen has convinced me that Camaro will NOT see a Gen7.

The latest? Chevy eliminated the Homelink function. Say what? How much can that cost? Are you really going to buy a car where you have to get out every time you pull up to the garage to open it? Are you going to park your spit and polished baby outside for the birds to decorate along with all manner of tree sap and other debris?

The grill and rear ends are now being changed just for the sake of change. The bow tie is in a stupid place. I could go on and on.

I’m soooo glad I have my 425 RWHP Gen 5 vert. It’s a keeper. But, I will never buy another Camaro. Apparently, the market shares my view. :frusty:

Royal Tiger 08-17-2018 06:01 PM

Are you referring to the buttons you can program your garage remote to? I use it on my Camaro and my 2018 CR-V. I’m glad they both have 3 buttons as I have a 3 car garage and one at work, so I have set 2 at the house (I don’t use the 3rd bay for my cars) and one button for work.

UBB 08-17-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydriver (Post 10285720)
Watching all the screw-ups in the design, marketing and pricing of the 6Gen has convinced me that Camaro will NOT see a Gen7.

The latest? Chevy eliminated the Homelink function. Say what? How much can that cost? Are you really going to buy a car where you have to get out every time you pull up to the garage to open it? Are you going to park your spit and polished baby outside for the birds to decorate along with all manner of tree sap and other debris?

The grill and rear ends are now being changed just for the sake of change. The bow tie is in a stupid place. I could go on and on.

I’m soooo glad I have my 425 RWHP Gen 5 vert. It’s a keeper. But, I will never buy another Camaro. Apparently, the market shares my view. :frusty:

I have a little removable box that clips to my visor that sends a signal to a screw type machine and chain that lifts my garage door for me. :thumb:

Clarkstar 08-17-2018 07:55 PM

I love my '13... no interest in trading for a newer model.

SecondZ28 08-17-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydriver (Post 10285720)
:

There will be a Gen 7, it’s a done deal, they are too far into development to pull the plug.

However, after than is fair game to question if there will be a Gen 8

PeteD 08-17-2018 09:10 PM

Is that all we have to worry about? The homelink? Can't you do all that with a phone app nowadays anyhow? Or maybe the little box that came with the garage door? LOL

splashlog48 08-17-2018 09:32 PM

Shakin’ my head—-WTF ???

jrob56 08-17-2018 11:00 PM

Well pack it in, normal garage remotes don’t work in the Camaros. It’s 2002 all over again...

Sigh he’s from Indy too...:crazy:

redcoats1976 08-18-2018 01:51 AM

meh.i honk once,my wife comes and opens the door.started 15 years ago when i was injured at work.cant complain.

Royal Tiger 08-18-2018 05:43 AM

I prefer not to have 3 remotes hanging on my incredibly small visor.

CamaroFred 08-18-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Tiger (Post 10286066)
I prefer not to have 3 remotes hanging on my incredibly small visor.

There are 3 button programmable remotes available.

Most of the new operators come with wi-fi. You can log in and see the status of the door and open/close it. Like the locks for your doors that can be controlled with a phone.
Then there is geofencing, where the lock or opener sees you coming and going and unlocks/locks, opens/closes.

Royal Tiger 08-18-2018 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFred (Post 10286074)
There are 3 button programmable remotes available.

Most of the new operators come with wi-fi. You can log in and see the status of the door and open/close it. Like the locks for your doors that can be controlled with a phone.
Then there is geofencing, where the lock or opener sees you coming and going and unlocks/locks, opens/closes.

Or you could just leave a cheap, simple device that just about every new car comes with standard. You really think GM got rid of it due to consumer feedback? Hey buy our $50k+ Camaro SS and then go buy a remote for your garage because we don’t have one built in like that $17k KIA sitting over there. :lol:

jrob56 08-18-2018 06:58 AM

I’d guess they see the writing on the wall, smart homes are making these obsolete. Personally couldn’t care less if a car has it or not.

KB85 08-18-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoats1976 (Post 10286033)
meh.i honk once,my wife comes and opens the door.started 15 years ago when i was injured at work.cant complain.

“Injured” :thumb: